Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What do you expect from AI and deeplearning algorithms as an aid to the process of game development in the future? Also do you expect you will use others tools? Develop your own inhouse tools? Or focus more on traditional methods and pre-existing aids?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hi !

Knights of Pen and Paper 3 was announced in the show for 2023-03-07. We are already 2023-03-08 and I still can't download it in my Google Play Store. When will it be available ?

Have a nice day :)

With HBS’s Lamplighter League now announced, when might this game get its own corner of the forum?
This thread is for issues not covered elsewhere. Your question belongs in the Forum Help forum, thanks.

Hey is there plans to update the British Isles in EU4 besides England and Great Britain? Scotland and Ireland for example. I feel like they get left by the wayside and are overdue an update.

Hey is there plans to update the British Isles in EU4 besides England and Great Britain? Scotland and Ireland for example. I feel like they get left by the wayside and are overdue an update.
Please ask game specific questions in the respective forum.

Hey,

I’m mostly a Stellaris player and have all the DLC. I was wondering how I might feel if a successor to this game got released and I quickly decided that the premium cost of it would put me off.

I guess a lot of people might relate this to CKII and CKIII but wouldn’t it be great if you could reliably or even count on a good 10-20% off the new title as ‘you’re a ‘invested player’.

Think it would do the Paradox brand a favour and more likely to retain people in the community?

Has Paradox ever tried this, could they?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Is the Life By You pre-order pack going to be available on Steam please? A lot of us refuse to buy on Epic and it's not been made clear if there will be any pre-order on Steam and if that pack is going to be purchasable on Steam at any point. Thanks.

Is the Life By You pre-order pack going to be available on Steam please? A lot of us refuse to buy on Epic and it's not been made clear if there will be any pre-order on Steam and if that pack is going to be purchasable on Steam at any point. Thanks.
The official website calls it an "Epic exclusive" unfortunately, but I am right there with you. Excluding Steam is not the right foot to start out on, but it could be worse.

Check it out: https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/...tent=banner&utm_campaign=lby_lby_20230320_pre

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's like they are purposely not saying as part of a contract with Epic, which is worse than just an Epic only exclusive.

If it is available to buy on Steam later then that's not great but fine by me.

Why not just be clear? Is it because Paradox and Epic both have Tencent investment?

It's like they are purposely not saying as part of a contract with Epic, which is worse than just an Epic only exclusive.

Why not just be clear? Is it because Paradox and Epic both have Tencent investment?
Five months would be start of EA.

The official website calls it an "Epic exclusive" unfortunately, but I am right there with you. Excluding Steam is not the right foot to start out on, but it could be worse.

Check it out: https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/...tent=banner&utm_campaign=lby_lby_20230320_pre
The video Paradox released the other day says Steam and Epic.

and your link itself says steam unlocks in five months.

Talking about the pre-order pack mate, not the game itself. Maybe it will be available at launch on steam, included or separate or later on? Just looking for answer to that thanks.
The game itself will definitely be on Steam:

My interpretation is that it's the pre-order pack Epic Games offers that is Epic-exclusive.

The game itself will definitely be on Steam:

My interpretation is that it's the pre-order pack Epic Games offers that is Epic-exclusive.

Another interpretation could be that it is exclusive as pre-order content on Epic and could be released as regular DLC on Steam at launch or later.

I've asked the Life By You team and here and no one wants to answer definitively.

Thanks anyway.

We're talking about the pre-order content, not the game itself, @Nikolai @Karlington .

The game is absolutely coming to Steam in September; I even wish listed it. However, the pre-order and that content is currently Epic exclusive and the website calls it an Epic exclusive, so I have no expectations of it coming to Steam despite the shame it is.

question for life by you - i know i am confused but over on tweet - they say they would open the discord near the EA release but i feel this one is very disappointed because pre orders people like me should be given first priority to get in
so my question is - who i should contact regarding about this?

I'm not entirely sure - it might be worth reaching out to the company directly through their customer support channels (like email or social media) and expressing your concerns.
(However, try not to stress too much about it - I know it can be frustrating when things don't go as planned, but sometimes there are things outside of our control)
Hopefully, things will work out and you'll be able to get access to the Discord soon!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi people,

As promised here's a thread where you get to ask us (almost) whatever you want. I write almost as some of you might want to ask questions you know we cant answer. Like: "When is CK2 coming?" or "Whats the next game you are making" etc etc. These are not the type of questions you should be asking. Focus on other aspects of Paradox instead and we promise to be forthcoming

The best analogy which you should use as guidance is the following:

"You step into the Dragons cave and behold a beautiful sight: mountains of gold, jewels and mythical artifacts are heaped everywhere. But then you notice a giant black dragon perched upon the treasures, smoke drifting from its terrible maw. You realize you have but one chance to make it out of here alive. Anger the dragon with foolish questions and you are sure to perish.

Chose your questions wisely, as they will dictate your fate."

In other words, keep your questions sensible and we'll keep answering. Fail to do so and you'll end up talking to yourselves :)

When you ask your question please let us know if there's a special department you'd like the answer from: Developers or Publishing.

I'm going to be active and make sure we have people on our side who'll answer your questions.

So ask away!

Shams

Castellon Note: Specific questions about specific games that have their own forums should be asked in those forums, This thread is for more general questions.
Hi people, thank you for giving us this opportunity to ask questions. I want to know what type of tools or services Paradox Interactive offers to help developers with the development process? Is there any help provided for game localization? Is there any click-to-play service available?

Hey elsasmith, welcome aboard!
As I know, for starters - Paradox Interactive developers have their own game engine called Clausewitz, which is specifically designed for grand strategy games.
In terms of localization, Paradox Interactive is known for its commitment to providing localized versions of their games in multiple languages. They have a dedicated localization team that works with developers to ensure that their games are translated accurately and culturally appropriate for different regions. And I consider that really nice.

As for click-to-play services, I don't too much(( Just that Paradox Interactive has their own digital distribution platform allowing players to purchase and download games directly from the company.
I hope my info is clearly exposed, have a nice day!