Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
you were right the first time... sorta
I have a personal question for you, if you don't mind: What happened to your poor ole dad? :(

Feel free not to respond if the question is too personal!

I have a personal question for you, if you don't mind: What happened to your poor ole dad? :(

Feel free not to respond if the question is too personal!
has nothing to do with my father and everything to do with a play on my name, and was something I was comminally reffered to in school.

Now my father would claim he is a poor old man, having suffered through raising me.

• 4Haha
Reactions:
seriuos_thread.png

I do think Paradox shall summon all the hearts of iron games on GOG dot com, will paradox consider or do it? especially AOD that has been left out. I woold not mind hoi4 also.

• 1Like
Reactions:
View attachment 931055

I do think Paradox shall summon all the hearts of iron games on GOG dot com, will paradox consider or do it? especially AOD that has been left out. I woold not mind hoi4 also.
probably more a question for GOG than PDX. I doubt PI says... you can seel all our games except...

• 1Like
Reactions:
If the below is inappropriate, out of scope, or already discussed please disregards.

I am not sure how many of you have seen the disaster that happened with SuperPower 3 launch. It seems that their publisher has now stepped out from the game. Regardless, it seems that there is little if none serious option when it comes down to world political-strategic games based on the current state.

Now, considering how much anticipation and wait there was behind such game, do you think that this could be an interesting area for Paradox to look into? I am thinking here how working with Colossal Order on Cities Skylines has re-written a whole genre and created a standard. Considering the affinity with existing games (EU, Vic, CK, HoI), do you think there is an opportunity to enter this market?

Apologies again if out of context - I wish you all a wonderful year.

Last edited:
What do you expect from AI and deeplearning algorithms as an aid to the process of game development in the future? Also do you expect you will use others tools? Develop your own inhouse tools? Or focus more on traditional methods and pre-existing aids?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hi !

Knights of Pen and Paper 3 was announced in the show for 2023-03-07. We are already 2023-03-08 and I still can't download it in my Google Play Store. When will it be available ?

Have a nice day :)

With HBS’s Lamplighter League now announced, when might this game get its own corner of the forum?
This thread is for issues not covered elsewhere. Your question belongs in the Forum Help forum, thanks.

Hey is there plans to update the British Isles in EU4 besides England and Great Britain? Scotland and Ireland for example. I feel like they get left by the wayside and are overdue an update.

Hey is there plans to update the British Isles in EU4 besides England and Great Britain? Scotland and Ireland for example. I feel like they get left by the wayside and are overdue an update.
Please ask game specific questions in the respective forum.

Hey,

I’m mostly a Stellaris player and have all the DLC. I was wondering how I might feel if a successor to this game got released and I quickly decided that the premium cost of it would put me off.

I guess a lot of people might relate this to CKII and CKIII but wouldn’t it be great if you could reliably or even count on a good 10-20% off the new title as ‘you’re a ‘invested player’.

Think it would do the Paradox brand a favour and more likely to retain people in the community?

Has Paradox ever tried this, could they?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Is the Life By You pre-order pack going to be available on Steam please? A lot of us refuse to buy on Epic and it's not been made clear if there will be any pre-order on Steam and if that pack is going to be purchasable on Steam at any point. Thanks.

Is the Life By You pre-order pack going to be available on Steam please? A lot of us refuse to buy on Epic and it's not been made clear if there will be any pre-order on Steam and if that pack is going to be purchasable on Steam at any point. Thanks.
The official website calls it an "Epic exclusive" unfortunately, but I am right there with you. Excluding Steam is not the right foot to start out on, but it could be worse.

Check it out: https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/...tent=banner&utm_campaign=lby_lby_20230320_pre

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's like they are purposely not saying as part of a contract with Epic, which is worse than just an Epic only exclusive.

If it is available to buy on Steam later then that's not great but fine by me.

Why not just be clear? Is it because Paradox and Epic both have Tencent investment?

It's like they are purposely not saying as part of a contract with Epic, which is worse than just an Epic only exclusive.

Why not just be clear? Is it because Paradox and Epic both have Tencent investment?
Five months would be start of EA.

The official website calls it an "Epic exclusive" unfortunately, but I am right there with you. Excluding Steam is not the right foot to start out on, but it could be worse.

Check it out: https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/...tent=banner&utm_campaign=lby_lby_20230320_pre
The video Paradox released the other day says Steam and Epic.

and your link itself says steam unlocks in five months.

Talking about the pre-order pack mate, not the game itself. Maybe it will be available at launch on steam, included or separate or later on? Just looking for answer to that thanks.
The game itself will definitely be on Steam:

My interpretation is that it's the pre-order pack Epic Games offers that is Epic-exclusive.

The game itself will definitely be on Steam:

My interpretation is that it's the pre-order pack Epic Games offers that is Epic-exclusive.

Another interpretation could be that it is exclusive as pre-order content on Epic and could be released as regular DLC on Steam at launch or later.

I've asked the Life By You team and here and no one wants to answer definitively.

Thanks anyway.