Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We're talking about the pre-order content, not the game itself, @Nikolai @Karlington .

The game is absolutely coming to Steam in September; I even wish listed it. However, the pre-order and that content is currently Epic exclusive and the website calls it an Epic exclusive, so I have no expectations of it coming to Steam despite the shame it is.

question for life by you - i know i am confused but over on tweet - they say they would open the discord near the EA release but i feel this one is very disappointed because pre orders people like me should be given first priority to get in
so my question is - who i should contact regarding about this?

I'm not entirely sure - it might be worth reaching out to the company directly through their customer support channels (like email or social media) and expressing your concerns.
(However, try not to stress too much about it - I know it can be frustrating when things don't go as planned, but sometimes there are things outside of our control)
Hopefully, things will work out and you'll be able to get access to the Discord soon!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi people,

As promised here's a thread where you get to ask us (almost) whatever you want. I write almost as some of you might want to ask questions you know we cant answer. Like: "When is CK2 coming?" or "Whats the next game you are making" etc etc. These are not the type of questions you should be asking. Focus on other aspects of Paradox instead and we promise to be forthcoming

The best analogy which you should use as guidance is the following:

"You step into the Dragons cave and behold a beautiful sight: mountains of gold, jewels and mythical artifacts are heaped everywhere. But then you notice a giant black dragon perched upon the treasures, smoke drifting from its terrible maw. You realize you have but one chance to make it out of here alive. Anger the dragon with foolish questions and you are sure to perish.

Chose your questions wisely, as they will dictate your fate."

In other words, keep your questions sensible and we'll keep answering. Fail to do so and you'll end up talking to yourselves :)

When you ask your question please let us know if there's a special department you'd like the answer from: Developers or Publishing.

I'm going to be active and make sure we have people on our side who'll answer your questions.

So ask away!

Shams

Castellon Note: Specific questions about specific games that have their own forums should be asked in those forums, This thread is for more general questions.
Hi people, thank you for giving us this opportunity to ask questions. I want to know what type of tools or services Paradox Interactive offers to help developers with the development process? Is there any help provided for game localization? Is there any click-to-play service available?

Hey elsasmith, welcome aboard!
As I know, for starters - Paradox Interactive developers have their own game engine called Clausewitz, which is specifically designed for grand strategy games.
In terms of localization, Paradox Interactive is known for its commitment to providing localized versions of their games in multiple languages. They have a dedicated localization team that works with developers to ensure that their games are translated accurately and culturally appropriate for different regions. And I consider that really nice.

As for click-to-play services, I don't too much(( Just that Paradox Interactive has their own digital distribution platform allowing players to purchase and download games directly from the company.
I hope my info is clearly exposed, have a nice day!

Is there a way to get EU4 map mouse pad?

I got mine in the last con and would like to get another, but it seem no merch is sold anymore?

Romero Games is telling everyone that asks that any questions about Empire of Sin DLC 2 - which many of us paid for with the season pass two years ago - should be directed at Paradox rather than Romero Games.

Is this DLC still an active Paradox project? If not, what is your policy on DLC that has been paid for but that you will never deliver?
Previously went unanswered.

This question may be naïve, I’m not a coder, but I’ve always wondered why PDX doesn’t issue “Legacy” or “Re-mastered” versions of their most popular titles? For example: Vicky2 has been around for more than a decade with patches, updates, AI rebalance, DLC’s, etc. Many consider it one of the greatest grand strategy games. But the UI is obviously dated along with the graphics.

If Vicky2 had the gorgeous UI and graphics of Vicky3 with the same content and mechanics of Vicky2, I’d buy it in a heartbeat. Same for CK2. Same for EU4. I’d buy them all. Instead, we have completely new mechanics in new game versions that often add complexity for no apparent reason. I’m not saying replace Vicky3 with only a “Re-mastered” version. Why not have both?

Hi can we hope for Star Trek Infinite to come to consoles ? Or others grand strategy games ?
Stellaris and CK3 works pretty well on Xbox so it could be very cool to play others games from Paradox.

Where can I report a mod on Hoi4 Steam workshop which features "genocides buttons" for a nation? that mod is not on this forum as far as I can see though.
All mods in the Workshop have a button or link where you can report such issues.

Why is the GOG version of Crusader Kings II singleplayer only?

Hi people,

As promised here's a thread where you get to ask us (almost) whatever you want. I write almost as some of you might want to ask questions you know we cant answer. Like: "When is CK2 coming?" or "Whats the next game you are making" etc etc. These are not the type of questions you should be asking. Focus on other aspects of Paradox instead and we promise to be forthcoming

"You step into the Dragons cave and behold a beautiful sight: mountains of gold, jewels and mythical artifacts are heaped everywhere. But then you notice a giant black dragon perched upon the treasures, smoke drifting from its terrible maw. You realize you have but one chance to make it out of here alive. Anger the dragon with foolish questions and you are sure to perish.

In other words, keep your questions sensible and we'll keep answering. Fail to do so and you'll end up talking to yourselves :)

When you ask your question please let us know if there's a special department you'd like the answer from: Developers or Publishing.

I'm going to be active and make sure we have people on our side who'll answer your questions.

So ask away!

Shams

Castellon Note: Specific questions about specific games that have their own forums should be asked in those forums, This thread is for more general questions.
I have an idea for a game that might be interesting to the devs at Paradox.

I’d like it to have a similar but different formula from Pillars of Eternity, but as for the world it’s in I think a fictional ancient Asian-like setting would be fascinating. The races could be animalistic (try not to mimic TES’s Akavir though), and the powers in this world could have their own cultures, religions, and architecture. But everything would be like Asia in the real world. I’d love to see an emphasis on spirituality and beauty, with all the factions having their own likable but not completely perfect philosophies, with philosophy itself being an important part of the game. As for the number of factions, I think 7-8 would be awesome if the team could pull it off, but I think 4 should be the minimum.

As for what content the game would have in regards to its rating I think it shouldn’t have vulgar language but I do think gore, violence, and unforced sexual content (for romance) should make it in for the sake of realism. If there was one scene I’d love to see in the game, it would be the main character making a cup of tea from different ingredients that the friend would comment on depending on the tea.

All of this is entirely up to the devs, but I’d like to hear from Paradox about what you think.

Hi people,

So ask away!

Shams

Why is there no March of the Eagles Wiki?

• 1Like
Reactions:

First, let it be noted that I have no game to pitch, or even ideas that I'd be willing to pitch. Perhaps I don't buy it when the video when says that ideas being stolen is a misconception, or perhaps I have a healthy understanding about the mediocrity of any ideas I might have.

I'm confused. The pitch your game webpage says "So if you have a game (not a game idea) you feel fits Paradox’s portfolio, feel free to get in touch with us.". But on the video there's talk about pitching what sounds ideas, not games. A two page presentation, not a game ready to be published or even a working demo with a small slice of the gameplay. The pitch should tell Paradox "Why are you the right team for the job". So, what are you looking for? An idea without anyone to do it seems to be a no-no. But an idea and a team that possibly could do it, even though they haven't actually started on it yet, would be what's looked for? A working demo would be too much, and a game about ready to be published would be complete overkill?

How would you react if someone was to pitch something that was more than an idea, but they wouldn't have the resources to turn it into a publishable game? Eg. the complete game engine for HoI 4 in perfect working order, but with 1980s level graphics as the team had no graphics capabilities, or generic hex map, generic units and generic missions etc as the team had no capabilities for historical research, or both of those deficiencies? Or, an idea and a complete collection of historical research, or a complete collection of graphics models, or both of those, but no game engine?