• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This new patch isnt old patch save friendly. Enacting new laws which normally should take 180 days to progress now takes 2 milion years or so KEKW (tried several laws and with all the same problem). Guess a restart is in order...

Reactions:
I've managed to run into another tutorial that can't be completed in certain circumstances myself - namely the convoy raid tutorial, which required a designated admiral to complete, and mine managed to die on an expedition instead. The tutorial just kept his name, and after returning to the game another day replaced the name with --. Any chance this could be changed to require any admiral, similarly to the assigning generals to fronts tutorial?

• 1Like
Reactions:
This new patch isnt old patch save friendly. Enacting new laws which normally should take 180 days to progress now takes 2 milion years or so KEKW (tried several laws and with all the same problem). Guess a restart is in order...
works fine for me...you sure you government is legitimate ...

• 4Like
Reactions:
Read 10 times if you fail to understand what the guy means. The AI Russia stays around 60-80 million in 1900, instead having something like 136 milion IRL, and that is without loosing territory or having any huge wars. France on the other hand surpasses UK by 1870 in everything in most of the games.
Basically it feels like AI for France is overtuned, while Russia, UK and USA stay useless most of the time, Russia for the reasons above, UK looses all the colonies and USA can't win the west coast most of the time. Prussia and Austria are pretty fine unless Prussia gets locked in an endless war with some kind of rebellion (which happens quite a lot, but it's not an AI issue).
How much of this is a consequence of Pondicherry giving France a Treaty Port info the British Market? That seems to make France stronger. But fixing it would either mean deleting Pondicherry (cue forum outrage) or making major changes to the Treaty Port code, which isn't realistic for a hotfix.

(Or I guess a hack like putting an invisible province around Pondicherry, but that's not good for the long-term future of the game)

Reactions:
I'd like more details about pop-defragmentation. Is this something that works better on a new game or will it fix a current end-game save?
I loaded up an old save that I had abandoned due to performance issues, and it became playable. Not great, but playable.

It did crash twice before it finally worked though.

Reactions:
I loaded up an old save that I had abandoned due to performance issues, and it became playable. Not great, but playable.

It did crash twice before it finally worked though.
Indeed. Just tried my 1914 Russia playthrough that was unplayable for me pre patch and the difference is like night and day. Great work devs!

• 3Like
Reactions: