• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1654510360335.png

1654510404472.png

Now i'm tossing up on Austria or Japan for my next campaign

• 1Like
Reactions:
My 39th EUIV run: Sunda.

While I had planned Palembang run since my Taungu campaign, I had to delay it due to Pirate countries getting estates in 1.34. It's a serious buff, especially to government capacity that I couldn't overlook. So now I went with my 2nd choice, Sunda. Since Sunda was historically Hindu and it only got converted to Sunni, when it got conquered by the nearby sultanates of Cirebon and Banten, I didn't change my faith.

I already started with strong economy, I was the dominant power in the Moluccas trade node. The only downside I had was a 74 years old starting ruler, but I was so lucky, since I had Surya as my deity, I got an event that grants me a new heir with amazing stats.
On the military front, the only threat to me was the Majapahit Empire, but it's a shadow of its former self, it's been struck by a nasty disaster, so it was in no shape to attack me. I wanted to guarantee them in the beginning, so I could get them as vassals, but they rivaled me, so I had to beat them down a bit. They didn't have any allies, so I easily defeated them and took Central Java, but that wasn't enough.
After their defeat, Palembang was no longer their tributary, they apparently had became disloyal, they had a few allies in Sumatra, but I was able to overcome them and I conquered them directly to gain a rich foothold in Sumatra for my further expansion. By the time I got back to Majapahit, they had allied Berau and Brunei. The latter one sounded scary, expect for the fact that their army had been destroyed by pretender rebels and they only had 1 regiment left. My allies, Sambas and Kutai, dealt with them easily. Soon enough, they were no longer a valid rival and became my vassal.
After that I gained footholds in Borneo, Sulawesi and expanded further in Sumatra, while developing my country as much as I could. By the end of the campaign, all my provinces had 45+ dev.

01. Sunda Empire.png

02. World map.png

03. Score.png

04. Sunda Empire.png

My vassals: Barus, Johor, Brunei, Kutai, Madyas, Ternate and Tiwi.
My tributaries: Khmer and Pegu.

I had never seen so huge Persia. They got formed by Ajam and are allied to the Ottomans.
Brittany is a GP, because they have expanded heavily in West Africa.
Russia is a Shun tributary.
I have no idea how Ireland survived and even managed to conquer Scotland.

• 4Like
Reactions:
7CBC10E69A443DD509B3CDC538FED0B6704FFC7C

12B6D5C706CE034F2387DD5A841EACF777079A58

FEDE583F405E147CEFE1C9C72E812EAE5A4B93B5

372231EB029B3312C23820BA3A8C494CE0D14C0B

Not the craziest Ottoman empire seen here but I had a blast playing it. Sadly I never quite managed to achieve my full objectives, which involved taking all of Italy and Brazil. I wanted to take this campaign to Vic2 but I forgot that I had a major culture mod on and as a result a bunch of provinces ended up being noculture, which just murders immersion for me.

• 1Like
Reactions:
1654846487863.png

So many rebels! I'm going to form the Roman Empire with this campaign. I'll have to go over time though because of the AE issue lol. I was allied to Russia until they stupidly decided to guarantee France. My other alliances are Lithuania, Savoy and Aragon who PUed Castille who owns 85% of South America lol. I'm going to try and get the Russian alliance back now that they don't have any tiles left in the HRE they stole one of my princes through a PU

At end date this was my empire

1654933005749.png

It took some time lol but this is the end state before pressing the button

1654945499700.png

1654945854362.png

1654946227561.png

1654946252632.png

Then finally i renovated the Ottoman part lol

1654947359559.png

Last edited:
My first Austria campaign. At first I was going for AEIOU but then I had the idea of using vassal swarm to form Rome, then forming Holy Rome. I recommend this strategy wholeheartedly for anyone looking for mare nostrum, hre achievement, or AEIOU.

The achievements I got in this run were (in order):
All Your Trade Belongs to Us
Industrial Powerhouse
Global Hedgemony
Spice Girls
A Truly Divine Ruler
The Five Colonies
At Every Continent
This Navy Can Take it All
Fine Financials
AEIOU
Mare Nostrum
A Kaiser Not Just in Name
Over A Thousand!
The Grand Armada

If any of you have suggestions for hard achievements requiring lots of money or provinces I could do in this campaign, feel free to reply with them so I can pick some up.

1655310708112.png

^ Roman Empire Tag Switch ^

1655310728954.png

Roman Empire, Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire^

1655317994357.png

Final Map, Though I may come back to do some more achievements ^

1655318099704.png

Capital^

1655318133312.png

Religion^

(Yes, I did reestablish jerusalem at one point.)

1655318239579.png

Player ^

1655318258644.png

Economy ^

There was never a league war.

Fun fact, if you take over all of europe as a catholic then you are always pope man and you don't get "occupation of rome" debuff. Neat!

This was ironman, obviously. Very proud of this campaign. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 1655311040960.png
    1655311040960.png
    1,3 MB · Views: 0
  • 1655318461909.png
    1655318461909.png
    427,1 KB · Views: 0
  • 6Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Fun fact, if you take over all of europe as a catholic then you are always pope man and you don't get "occupation of rome" debuff. Neat!
It's not related to taking over Europe. Italy, The Roman Empire, and The Holy Roman Empire are just excluded from getting that modifer.

• 1Like
Reactions:
eu4_11.png

A hell of a fun Lucky Lucca achievement run.

At first I had no idea how I wanted to play it, but as I like PUs I tanked my rep tradition to go monarchy fast (actually I have no idea if you can actually get PU as a republic due to the signoria reform ?)
Early game was classic ally austria to vassalize/annex HRE neighbors without unlawful territory. When shadow Kingdom fired I stayed into the Empire as I didn't want to lose my only strong ally, kept blobbing into italy with less AE due to all other princes having left and then, by some kind of black magic I got elected Emperor.
I was not even fishing for it. Okay I allied Brandenburg and Bohemia due to them being usually reliable AI tags, but that's all. Or I mean, I also went diplo/influence as first idea groups (I disabled the same type ideas rule in the pre-game options) so I had lots of diplo rep, but I didn't expect it.
And I got BI. And since then it was free blobbing into Balkans / Anatolia.
I also used the first age ability to snatch Sweden from Denmark and Aragon from Castille just before the reformation age (also got lucky that reformation fired quite late in my game, sadly not late enough for me to prevent HRE from becoming a mess, because with fast revoke the game would have been quicker ofc.

After that I was jsut messing around killing whoever I wanted to kill. I ended up making 5 marches in the north Gaeldom / Sweden / Teutons / Crimea / Chernigov just because I could. And as I'm too lazy to micro too many wars, I let them rofl stomp everyone for me, even tohugh they're not always very smart.

Kept Aragon and Tlemcen as regular vassals.

I thought it would be hard to keep everyone loyal, but actually Italy is so filthy rich you can just dev push all loyalty issues away (and also pay the debts they get because they're diverting their trade to you lulz). It's fun.

Just went too ham on annexing everyone and their moms and got coalitionned by whole HRE... AND fat Timurids (even though I went espionnage (big meme) for the AE idea especially to prevent this). So I tried to max up my economy and armies hoping to deter them but they wouldn't give up after many years.
But luckily my Gaeldom vassal went Exploration/Expansion ideas (what about subjects nations not taking colonial ideas ?) which saved me the pain of doing it myself (especially as my playstyle is quite diplo expensive), so I got vision on whole India, and I just had to charter a province from Bengal then got Lucknow in 2 quick wars.

I'm a bit sad because my primary objective was getting it the chad way by annexing everything from Italy to India, but I had to settle myself with the virgin style due to mismanaging AE (as always).

• 1Like
Reactions:
I finished my Cherokee horde WC campaign on very hard. TW: border gore.

Final date is 25 january 1775

That was weird experience. AI field enormous armies throughout the entire game. OPMs may have 10-20k troops, Ottomans had 1.5 million soldiers during their prime, and even in the end they fielded 250k soldiers with 500k manpower reserve while sitting on 6 provinces. Ironically, Ottomans were never a big problem, because they kept sending their armies to siege forted mountain provinces with ramparts in the middle of the desert; France was. War with 2 million losses out of which 1.7 millions were due to attrition were common.

Biggest coalition had 3 million troops.

At some point I had around 80 tributaries.

Best moment: realizing you can easily annex Caribeans as new world nation.
Biggest letdown: realizing you have to cancel your tributaries to conquer them.
Screenshot from 2022-06-16 07-06-44.png
Screenshot from 2022-06-16 07-22-23.png

Diplomatic mapmode. I tried to stay under government capacity cap by creating vassals and tributaries, but it stopped being possible around 1630s. Also, I was unreasonably scared of going over overextension threshold.
diplomacy.png

Religions
religion.png

I didn't finish the totem because the red chiefs event didn't fire even once during migratory phase.
Screenshot from 2022-06-16 08-17-12.png

Vassals
Screenshot from 2022-06-16 07-08-45.png

Idea groups. I had maritime after economic, and it was amazing. Piracy gave me around 25% of total income, and it burned even more of AI money, preventing them from forting too hard. But it became obsolete after 1620s when both me and AI started having infinite money, so I swapped it for humanist.
Probably shouldn't have picked influence. Province warscore was the worst bottleneck in the end, and I had so much diplomatic points I converted half of Italy to Cherokee. Yay corn pumpkin pizza. AI seems to develop much harder in very hard mode, because they get extra 3 monarch points every month, unless they are player's subject.

Screenshot from 2022-06-16 07-08-15.png

Save file attached if anyone wants to take a look. It's 1.33.

Attachments

• cherokee_very_hard.eu4
    9 MB · Views: 0
  • 9Like
Reactions:
Today, I finished another EU4 campaign: the Wendish Empire in Ante Bellum mod! It proved to be one of the most fun nations in AB, with its very flavorful mission tree guiding the Polabian Slavs towards really interesting ambitions, even colonial ones!

My main goals of this campaign were to unite the Slavs under one nation, and to dismantle the Holy Roman Empire; the latter one is included in one of the final Wendish missions. In the meanwhile, I followed the mission tree, and aimed to convert as much conquered lands as possible to Slavic Paganism. I also joined the colonial race, and was able to form 8 colonial nations in the Americas and established colonies to form the 9th, which ultimately did not form before the campaign gained the "finished status". To sum up, Wendia in Ante Bellum is a very fun nation, and I strongly recommend trying it.

Slava Rodu!

21b.png

21c.png

21d.png

21e.png

21f.png

My subjects: Pannonia, Zaporozhie, Smolensk and Vologda.
My colonial subjects:
- Nowe Połabie - basically "New Polabia".
- Nowe Pomorze - basically "New Pomerania".
- Stanisławia - from Stanisław, one of the Wendish first names.
- Wyspy Czedroga - basically "Isles of Czedrog"; Czedrog is one of the Wendish first names.
- Meksyka - possible/reconstructed Wendish translation of Mexico.
- Nowa Rethra - basically "New Rethra"; Rethra is a Wendish dynamic province name for Neubrandenburg.
- Gory Dragowita - basically "Dragovit Mountains"; Dragovit is one of the Wendish first names.
- Nowy Holsztyn - basically "New Holstein".

• 4Like
Reactions:
My 40th EUIV run: Luristan.

Yes, kind of a weird choice, but since I'm running out of ideas what to play until the 1.34 update gets released, I decided to go for Luristan, since it most likely won't get any kind of flavour or a mission tree anyways, so why not try it now?
Luristan starts in a dire situation, it starts as a vassal of Ajam, it's tribal, it hasn't embraced Feudalism and all of its provinces are mountainous, so not a chance to spawn any institution there. Luckily, Ajam at least shared its knowledge of Feudalism to me, while I looked for supporters for my independence. I tried the Ottomans and Mamluks, but I couldn't convince them. In a few years Qara Qoyunlu finally agreed and I declared my independence war. Since I had -3 stab now, I also took the opportunity to become Shia. The war went very smoothly, while their army besieged Tabriz, we took their fortresses, to trap their army there, it couldn't retreat anywhere, so we stack wiped it. In the peace treaty I took 2 of my cores from Ajam and gave some provinces to Qara Qoyunlu, as well. While they're my potential enemy in the future, I needed a strong ally, to protect me from stronger neighbours, who seek my land.
Next I had to wait for my truce to expire with Ajam, I didn't have any other routes to expand, because Mushasha was allied to Qara Qoyunlu. While I had made sure that Qara Qoyunlu can protect our flank against Ajam by its own, I attacked Mushasha together with my ally Mazandaran, so that Qara Qoyunlu doesn't get involved. I managed to win both wars, I showed strength to to Ajam, while taking as much as I could from Mushasha.
Now I had finally gained some good provinces that aren't mountainous and I could develop Renaissance. From then on, I no longer had to worry about surviving.
The next thing I had to do was break the alliance with Qara Qoyunlu to conquer Mesopotamia. I managed to get a new ally, Transoxania. They were mainly used as a deterrent and to help me subdue the Timurids and their ex-vassals.
After I had become one of the main great powers, I managed to secure an alliance with Austria and Lithuania, they were my main allies to help me to deal with the Ottomans. I knew that if I don't deal with them before they eat up the Mamluks, they are going after me next. I started my wars in 1650s and it took us around a century to destroy them as a threat.
01. Luristan Empire.png

02. World map.png

03. Score.png

04. Luristan Empire.png

My vassals: Mahran, Najd, Syria, Ardabil, Khorasan, Baluchistan.
My allies: Austria, Transoxiana. (Lithuania broke their alliance, because they desired my vassal lands in Tabriz and Mazandaran. Kind of absurd, since they didn't even border us)

For some reason, that one Native federation ended up having the modern USA-Canada border with British Newfoundland lol.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I found old save from Poland game and I checking how much I can earn money without Economy and Trade ideas.

In 12 years I buff my

Production 46%
Trade 72%
Tax is the same.

I will put another in 12 years till 1600-1610

Attachments

• 20220622164433_1.jpg
    20220622164433_1.jpg
    429,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220623113711_1.jpg
    20220623113711_1.jpg
    421,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Damn, you must be good. I can barely form Spain, haha
Playing the same game for almost a decade will do that to you too lol. I'm garbage. Some things these people do leave me in awe.
bly08:

Oirat to GH WC

firefox_MOsKW8FjCE.jpg

GH ideas with Oirat mission rewards make for the strongest midgame horde ever.

Last edited:
eu4_map_RMO_1590_10_01_1.png

Nova Imperium Romanum
1 October 1590
Mod: This
Version: 1.33.whatever
DLCs: All but Origins, until I bought Origins at around 1575 because of arbitrary designations based on planetary rotation and resulting daylight exposure
Allies: Russia, Bohemia, Portugal, Burgundy
Junior Partner: France
Ideas: Quantity, Religious, Influence, Innovative
The Kalmar Union Is: doing good with Norway, Sweden is supported by Britain, Russia, and a few minors
My Army: 9 10-2-5, 1 15-2-5 including 5 special infantry
The HRE Is: having massive religious problems, but all electors are Catholic, so no leagues.
The EoC is: not.
My accepted cultures are: TURKISH (plus rest of group), Greek, Bulgarian, Romanian, Neapolitan, Ruthenian, Circassian, Georgian
Future idea groups will be, in no particular order: Quality, Trade, Diplomatic, Economic
I Am The: 1st Great Power, though Spain is most of the time
The Bahmanis are: Scary
That Is All I: Have to say
I will elaborate if: asked
I will post another map: in 1700 or so

View attachment 853396
Nova Imperium Romanum
1 October 1590
Mod: This
Version: 1.33.whatever
DLCs: All but Origins, until I bought Origins at around 1575 because of arbitrary designations based on planetary rotation and resulting daylight exposure
Allies: Russia, Bohemia, Portugal, Burgundy
Junior Partner: France
Ideas: Quantity, Religious, Influence, Innovative
The Kalmar Union Is: doing good with Norway, Sweden is supported by Britain, Russia, and a few minors
My Army: 9 10-2-5, 1 15-2-5 including 5 special infantry
The HRE Is: having massive religious problems, but all electors are Catholic, so no leagues.
The EoC is: not.
My accepted cultures are: TURKISH (plus rest of group), Greek, Bulgarian, Romanian, Neapolitan, Ruthenian, Circassian, Georgian
Future idea groups will be, in no particular order: Quality, Trade, Diplomatic, Economic
I Am The: 1st Great Power, though Spain is most of the time
The Bahmanis are: Scary
That Is All I: Have to say
I will elaborate if: asked
I will post another map: in 1700 or so
Planning to restore roman empire?