• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wanted one, got one : Sarig Yogir run. The color is pretty and being able to go from a 7 dev tribe who can't afford a horseman to a juggernaut beating Ming is so fun. Russia was a scary rival though (and Deccan an awful ally).

sarig.png

• 6Love
  • 3Like
Reactions:
comm.jpg

This is about as well as I've managed to do with Poland/Commonwealth. If I had more time I could now attack Austria, but it wasn't really feasible until now. The other major power is Aragon, which is in PU with France and GB, and is now at war with Austria over the Castilian inheritance.

Currently avoiding the overseas empire nations, because the mechanics just seem to be broken at the moment. In this game, there were virtually no colonies in the Americas, which are dominated by the Inca, Aztec, Charca, and two confederations in the north. The only notable colonies were held by Castile, in South Africa and parts of Indonesia, plus Australia.

• 3Like
Reactions:
1660735021526.png

Well now that was fun and also a bit challenging and also exposing just how bad the AI is at building enough transports for their armies. Kicked everyone off my turf everyone attacked me. But I managed to survive the aggressive Euro swarm. I could have gone and done the Sunset Invasion but I didn't really want to deal with invading Italy to get the foothold for it. It would have also taken a long time as well so I spent the last 100 years converting and developing my empire.

1660735249159.png

1660735323573.png

1660735422916.png

• 4Like
Reactions:
1660824006457.png

My glorious Spanish empire, started as Aragon and no CB Byzantium to get the foothold the Ottomans got completely skewered when they got completely stackwiped 75k army erased when they got cornered in Albania during a war. Then they just simply died since everyone declared war on them. Used the Mamelukes as a loyal ally to deal with the south stuff. I was allied to France for most of the game which was a big help, I also lucked out as Castille PUed Portugal so when I got the wedding I got both PUs and I got all their colonies. I'm going to continue this campaign to create the Roman Empire since I only need to kill France and i'm allied to Scandinavia and the Commonwealth is my PU. I stole them from Russia in a succession war.

1660824362382.png

1660824420720.png

• 5Like
Reactions:
The Pendragon has returned!

I have finished another modded EU4 campaign, playing Wales into Prydain in Ante Bellum! It was a very fun campaign, following the mission tree to restore the Empire of Prydain and conquer Western Europe. Really, you should try the recent 1.7 "Pendragon" update of Ante Bellum!

My vassals at the end were: Flanders, Liege, Utrecht, Luxembourg and Saluzzo.

43b.png
43c.png
43d.png
43e.png
43f.png
43g.png

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
One of the most painful runs, but I managed to get my capital to Anjou for the achi.

I actually got really lucky with Brittany and Provence, they had weak allies. Provence was a OPM in Anjou only allied to OPM Strausbourg. No idea why France didnt eat them.

Spain was relentless this run. He attacked me 5 ish times, GB 3 times. Portugal 2 and France only once. You can kill them while they land if you are quick and brutally beat them. I took 13 colonies and Newfoudnland from GB and France. But everything costs a fortune to core and its low dev. Over all its not fun. And yes, its hilalrious to see GB win with 50 guys, go home and his colonial nation has to defend by himself with 6 guys. Awesome free provinces.

If I had managed to bypass Cubas fleet and take half his provinces, it would have set my admin back even further with tech unbalance. Oh and even taking realitivly little France coalitioned me (!!!!).

Between costs for insitutions and ultimatly loosing to Spain dropping 30 guys (even with me having full war score from goal, he barely wanted to peace out, really wierd). I also conceeeded to a Spanish led coalition 3 years before the end, thats why the borders are ugly. (Also it forces Colonial nations when you move)

For the achi, you can have a Federation but you are not allowed to actually unite it, so thats no fun. Had 11 people in my Federation that broke away and they insta formed the federation when I went monarchy. So Quizquiz was allied to the Quizquiz federation.

Tech was a nightmare even with good rulers. You used to catch up to the Europeans, now you dont.

Just glad it was over. Had to doom hire mercs to keep France from attacking in the end. Had to save scum alot and even the save file started bugging out in the end.

1660851139920.png

• 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Update: Because of this game's instability and inability to function with large armies it just hard locks and refuses to process any further so i'm not able to finish the run. Such a big disappointment, they really need to ditch this ancient engine and produce one that doesn't completely fail after a certain point. This is as far as I got before the game refused to work any further.

1660898686105.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Christoffer Columbus is a deranged madman. The world is clearly flat and sailing around Africa is not possible.
So the brave Danes decided to get to China the only way possible. Imagine trying to get to Cathay in leaky ships lololol!

1660949727089.png

• 10Haha
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Update: Because of this game's instability and inability to function with large armies it just hard locks and refuses to process any further so i'm not able to finish the run. Such a big disappointment, they really need to ditch this ancient engine and produce one that doesn't completely fail after a certain point. This is as far as I got before the game refused to work any further.

View attachment 869045

I mean, the game is supposed to end after 1821. Can't held it accountable for the mods

Reactions:
On the 29th of May, 1453, the Byzantine Emperor Konstantine the XI took of his armor, charged into the battle as a common soldier and......

......Conquered Ragusa easily. Byzantium 4ever!!

1661015382884.png

The trick is to put like 20+ guys on Gallipoli until it falls. He can cross if it's not occupied, but once you take it, you can naval blockade....atleast I think thats how it works. He didnt make a move after it fell and I even put low army maintanance and mothballed the fort.

Now to recover from my loans....

• 3Like
Reactions:
Pawn the armor, you don't need it anymore.
Nah, I will put it on a place is honor in Rome, guarded by an honor guard from my Austria PU (hahaha).

Every day they will say: "This armor is great. And we used to rule an Empire that was neither holy nor Roman nor an Empire. Thankfully the heirs of emperor Zeno have shown us the errors of our ways. "

1661066480090.png

Toying around as the Papal States:

View attachment 863272

View attachment 863271

For some reason Portugal, Castile and Aragon got their asses kicked by Granada and Morocco. Ottomans as usual going strong and have strong alliances with both Tunis and Morocco. The Mamluks didn't engage much but they hate all three.

I managed to get a war going, over the province of Kotor/Cattaro with the following belligerents:
My side: GOD, Austria & Hungary (integrated right after the war), Castile & Aragon, Commonwealth and Switzerland
Them: Ottomans, Tunis, Morocco, Granada and Ajam (sent 11k troops that we killed off, eventually white peace'd just before the final peace)

So it was an atypical Holy War, reconquista style. Gave Castile and Aragon back several provinces to at least keep a corridor going. Didn't bother with Portugal but I trust they can acquire those back now as they're cut off from the rest.
From the Ottomans I got Kotor which was the war goal, got Constantinople and Gallipoli as well for me. Gave Austria a province north of the Danube to keep their borders tidy and gave Tolcu to the Commonwealth.

Ideas so far, all done:
Influence
Divine
Religious

Next I'm thinking of going Espionage. Gives me insane siege ability (+10% from path and +20% combined with the Divine) plus the extra 1% missionary strength which I need.
Other ideas I'm considering are Innovative, Administrative and Economic but I'm falling behind in the Admin Tech so wanna go diplomatic. As long as I can keep up having such great alliances I don't want to waste points on military stuff and simply just tech up as much as possible until I pick Quantity or Offensive.

Switzerland is my ally but just completed the mission that gives me northern Italy cores. Will say our bye-byes soon.

I'm going to devour Parma soon, Mantova is my vassal, so is Byzantium. Verona and Saluzzo are also allied to Parma so I may pick Saluzzo up and vassalize Verona. Don't have any fear of coalitions as long as France doesn't join. They were part of one that never triggered earlier in the game but even if they do trigger I think there's no problem.

The only concern now is that I have to cut the Ottomans apart in the next 50 years and I have Russia to worry about.

No idea where this save is going, I started it out of frustration of not getting the France BBB achievement yet again and failing to start a successful Byzantium game. But these usually end up being the best ones :D

This is the first time I picked Papal States in Ironman mode.

Follow up:

1661086085916.png

I got most of the islands out west as well. Austria holds three provinces in the Mediterranean, other than that, the sea is mine.
1661086171841.png

I want to get rid of Tunis and Morocco as well as carve up the rest of France.

But I'm mostly focusing on getting the Hegemony on all three fronts.

I can select the Economic one now, need to build a few more heavy ships to get the 2nd one and will improve my force limit after that to get the limit to 1m and then just recruit for the sake of it. I have the Hegemony at 100% achievement already,
I just want to have the option to select all three, but iirc you can only get one of those.

New achievements received:
1661086335266.png

1661086347929.png

• 6Like
Reactions:
Interesting, never noticed this thread until now. Might move my EU4 photos there.
Anyways, I completed France! Very easy and fun nation. A lot more military focused but still is able to focus on multiple aspects of the game (Diplomatic, Colonization, Economic, etc). When I first started, I checked my rivals and I saw that Burgundy didn't hate me, and that allowed me to instantly focus on improving our relations and allying them. I did so because I heard that you can inherit burgundy and I felt that, that was the most realistic option to do so as France. After I allied with them, the Surrender of Maine event happened and it was war with England, without Portugal joining. After the war, it was me improving my relations with Burgundy and waiting to annex my vassals. And after that, it was war with Ireland to feed the vassal I got from England. When the war in Ireland was going, I declared war on Province as they got excommunicated and I didn't want Burgundy doing something dumb. Once both wars were over, Burgundy did something dumb and declared war on Leige. At first, I was going to peace out, but then I thought I should just help Burgundy. England & the Papal State also joined the war as they were both allies to Leige, and so I decided to siege some of the core provinces I didn't take at the first war against England and plus the Papal State province. To my surprise, Burgundy managed to give me some of those core provinces and it took some land as well. In this moment, all I wanted was to see Charles die, but it never happened so it was war with Brittany. I also took exploration and decided to focus to colonizing as Castile was already colonizing. In the mean time, I declared war on Savoy, and took some land. And after a few decades, Charles died and Burgundy chose to be a JP with me! I also got a PU CB over Naples, which I instantly used to declare war against them. The war did take a long time, but after the war I felt proud knowing I had two JPs. When I was done with the war, I focused on the dutch revolt and colonizing. I also declared war on the HRE provinces and England. And that's all I did until the 1600s, where I found Ayutthaya and allied with them to attack the Indian nations to get the provinces I needed for my missions. Unfortunately, they had an event which made them break their alliance with me. So I had to wait until they would stop being isolated. While I was waiting, I vassalized Scotland and turned them into a march! I was at war with Milan since I declared war on their JP, Savoy. I took additional land of Savoy and additionally vassalized Milan. In 1650, Ayutthaya stopped being hostile towards me and we became friends again. We attacked the Indian nations and took the lands I wanted. I also declared war on Chu just to get some land from Dai Vet. I thought of improving relations with the HRE and to my shock, I managed to become Emperor! All I needed to do was declare war on Genoa and Mulhouse just to complete my missions. I took some land from Genoa and feed the cores to Milan, and I took Mulhouse. From onwards, it was just me declaring war against England and vassalizing Gaeldom to feed it to Scotland. The last war I had with England managed to allow me to get some provinces in Madagascar from Kilwa. I also had great allies like Spain and Commonwealth. I had trouble with Spain hating me for provinces they wanted, and I expected it to last end game, but I was surprised to find out the penalty became -14 instead of being the usual -200. I think it's because I had like max 100 trust with Spain. I am also allied with Siam because they are a good and powerfully ally in the Asian region. Overall, once the war was over, I did everything I wanted and took everything I needed.
This is the end product.

Chokuropalis France.jpg

Below is the save. Excuse some spelling mistakes and grammatical errors, I am not that great at typing. Additionally, if anybody wants to, I would prefer some tips in improving my skills playing the game.
Thank you for reading this long post :)

Attachments

• Chokuropalis France.eu4
    8,6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Additionally, if anybody wants to, I would prefer some tips in improving my skills playing the game.
A minor point, but I noticed immediately that you left the south coast of England unconquered. I'm sure this was just because you were invading from Ireland, but I would always start from a beachhead in Dorset, or thereabouts, and switch my main trading port to somewhere in the English Channel node asap... ie: as soon as you have the south and east of England in hand. Ireland is very much optional, as the territory isn't very valuable anyway.
Thank you for reading this long post :)
The occasional paragraph break would be helpful. ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
So many hours yet the first time I'm playing a tag in Arabia! Gulf of Aden is such a great node and by itself made this campaign possible, couldn't have killed the Ottomans and the Timurids without it. A very fun run overall.

Europa Universalis IV 2022.08.25 - 20.44.08.00.png

Last edited:
  • 8Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: