• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
South-East Asia region seems to have some serious issues at least for me anyway, none of the other regions bug out like this. But the game got so slow and incapable of processing I had to stop sadly. Was very close to being able to form Siam just needed 1 more point but the game was refusing to process and was freezing hard every month or two.

1676885672446.png

Ayutthaya's mission tree is incredibly strong so many subjugation CBs you can take out just about every country with subjugation CBs letting you just snatch everything super quickly. If the game hadn't broken I was going to conquer Yue as you get claims on all of China. They opted to destroy the Mandate instead of taking it though.

1676885889526.png

1676885978936.png

• 5Like
Reactions:
Decided to try out the Hussite conquest and it's pretty fun, quite strong for expanding with the Shock bonus. And also I don't know what happened to the Ottoman AI but they didn't attack the Mamluks for 110 years. By then it was too late and the Mamluks had amassed a swarm of allies. First war ended in white peace, then the Mamluks because they owned Crete joined the Religious War and crushed the Ottomans taking out a big chunk.

I allied the Ottomans and they ended up stuck in a stalemate, until I was ready to attack the Ottomans I then was able to ally both Mamluks and Transoxiana along side my ally Venice and my PUs Hungary and Poland. They never stood a chance.

Allies: Venice, Mamluks, Transoxiana

1676972708026.png

1676973003787.png

1676973672352.png

1676973705580.png

1676997802379.png

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Almost Prussian blue by 1646. Could have done a dull slow push but decided to test myself and see how far i could push the coalition. Keeping mega Spain out of it was key. He outnumbers France 3:1 and once stomped him. I didnt feel like fighting half a million men by 1580.

I've also got 40 marines ready and once Munich is cored and tech 20 is unlocked in 2 or so years, ill form Germany for "For the Emperor" achi.

1677065175730.png

Aaaaand....run done.

1677065595393.png

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I played around with Burgundy, it has the same problem all of the minor powers have, 40 AE for taking a single city making it incredibly slow to progress. I did manage to complete the conquer East Francia mission, Happy with the extent of the borders especially with Spain going full terminator mde. They stomped the Ottomans multiple times.

Allies: Savoy, Bohemia, Great Britain

1677088968045.png

1677089216718.png

1677089267419.png

1677089336788.png

• 4Like
Reactions:
Moments from disaster lol, I thought everything was going fine until the Ottomans attacked with Tunis, Morroco and their Arab slaves. Somalia is much easier because then you can secure a historical alliance with them playing as Adal. But this is also fun it has promise Ethopia can conquer rapidly through their mission tree

1677139561997.png

• 8Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Moments from disaster lol, I thought everything was going fine until the Ottomans attacked with Tunis, Morroco and their Arab slaves. Somalia is much easier because then you can secure a historical alliance with them playing as Adal. But this is also fun it has promise Ethopia can conquer rapidly through their mission tree
Ethiopia has wonderful bonus for forts, am I right? Just bleed them dry all the Nile long!

Ethiopia has wonderful bonus for forts, am I right? Just bleed them dry all the Nile long!

Would have been useful if I had the forts lol, i'm going to try and salvage it though I have a save that didn't go too far back so hopefully I can build up. I was mistaken into thinking Portugal would be a big enough buffer but when Russia ate QQ the Ottomans were like now is our chance lol.

Would have been useful if I had the forts lol, i'm going to try and salvage it though I have a save that didn't go too far back so hopefully I can build up. I was mistaken into thinking Portugal would be a big enough buffer but when Russia ate QQ the Ottomans were like now is our chance lol.
Never reload the save! You are so big that they can only take a few border provinces anyway, you have plenty of time to take revenge with the next war

• 1Like
Reactions:
Campaign #14: Kiev -> Kievan Rus (Ante Bellum)

Another Ante Bellum campaign! This time, I decided to try the Rus mini-update, which was released a few weeks ago, playing as the Kiev theocracy.

The initial part was a bit tough, as I had troubles with securing good alliances, and all neighbors could declare a war on me. But, once I established a good power-base, I could repay my loans and truly start building my empire, following the mission tree, restoring the Kievan Rus, and using siberian frontiers to colonize Siberia, as well as colonists gained from expansion ideas to make colonies in North America.

In this campaign, I utilized the vassal gameplay to a very large extent, and as a result, I had 10 vassals at the end: Sweden, Sapmi, Finland, Karelia, Styria, Ilkhanate, Jalayirids, Shule, Sakya and Gujarat.

125b.png
125c.png
125d.png
125e.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
Never reload the save! You are so big that they can only take a few border provinces anyway, you have plenty of time to take revenge with the next war

I'm glad I did go back and salvage the game lol after getting stomped I lost quite a bit lol, but then they made me mad so I had to conquer most of the continent to get my revenge on them lol.

Allies: Portugal, Castille, Russia, Qara Qoyunlu, Timurids

For comparison, this obscenity is what I had to fight off.

Ottoman Allies: Morrocco, Tunis, Hejaz, Kilwa, Transoxiana, Kazan, Sindh

1677295365449.png

1677295386969.png

1677295401921.png

Portugal's colonial empire all revolted at the same time

1677295495838.png

1677295520525.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
A very strange thing happened in this game Tunis massacred the Morrocans after they stomped Portugal taking their core back. Gave me very easy access to Magreb for the missions. Only thing I had to actually be scared of was Spain wanting to murder me since they had essentially global dominion.

1677430567724.png

And the largest Commonwealth i've ever seen, they're basically Russia.

1677430725471.png

And this cursed thing

1677430782661.png

1677430865482.png

1677430909496.png

• 5Like
Reactions:
A satisfying conclusion to my 'Albania or Iberia' run. I never was able to gather this many PUs at once.

1677504333373.jpeg

• 6Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
why'd you stop, you could have formed Rome as Albania and that's just even better.

It's going to take more then 100 years to squash that France, they have so much land that you'd only get around halfway through conquering it. Unless of course you smashed your head against the wall and truce broke but that would mean all of Europe would be in a coalition against you. And also trying to get across the English Channel at that date when GBR has 80 Navy Tradition and 6/6/6 admirals is short of a miracle impossible

It's going to take more then 100 years to squash that France, they have so much land that you'd only get around halfway through conquering it. Unless of course you smashed your head against the wall and truce broke but that would mean all of Europe would be in a coalition against you. And also trying to get across the English Channel at that date when GBR has 80 Navy Tradition and 6/6/6 admirals is short of a miracle impossible

They're a PU! But yes you're right about it taking forever to incorporate them lol. (no influence ideas!)

I thought it was time to try out some mods, this is from Ante Bellum.

Starting as Nicea, they can form Alexander's empire through their mission tree. It is a slow start since you don't really start with money which means it's slow going.

You also get the opportunity to convert to Hellenism once the Empire is founded, it will spawn through an event. But you start at 0% religious unity and get extensively rebel bombed so preparation is required before going into that.

1677561026845.png

Deleting Castille and Ottomans does have a decisive effect on the game allowing for different things to occur

1677561212021.png

Ming has also been deleted allowing for the formation of a stable Chinese empire. And Bahmanis formed Deccan then went on to conquer all of India.

1677561238868.png

1677561820857.png

Russia is a reskinned Ukraine in this mod as the mission trees have all been changed for the mod.

1677561860501.png

• 6Like
Reactions:
I'm planning a few more games with this mod but I do feel like the colonial aspect is unbalanced while Castille is very strong I feel with how its set up in this mod Andalusia is stronger it makes for pretty one sided games sometimes.

Playing as Muslim Sicily I formed their unique formable and squashed Bulgaria as a side.

Allies: Lombardy, Venice, Seljuks

1677660329537.png

1677660362315.png

1677660717764.png

1677660749579.png

• 4Like
Reactions:
And it only took me 9 years to get to this achievement.

1677769568356.jpeg

Had a lot of fun dismantling the Iberians. Inadvertently created an ungodly France.

Wackiest Siberia I've seen. Poor Russia.

• 7Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: