Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
To everyone at Paradox, how are you doing?

• 1Like
Reactions:
To everyone at Paradox, how are you doing?

On the whole, we are doing OK. Not getting to see our coworkers and friends is hard and we all miss each other more than we expected when we started the quarantine. Some of us have moved home to relatives to be able to interact in person with a loved one, of course after taking proper precautions and making sure everyone is healthy. For some, this is very hard mentally and things like a Discord server for chit-chatting and hanging out there on Fridays helps a little. We are doing what we can to help each other, but I wish we could do more. Personally, working from home is not that bad as I live with my partner and we live in an area where I feel safe enough to go out and take walks. I have visited family and friends (very sparingly) but kept my distance and kept my hands clean with water, soap or hand sanitizer. Not having to travel to the office every day is nice, but it also means that I don't get my steps in as easily and I miss being able to just stop by someone's desk and talk to them about whatever. We all want this to be over ASAP so everything can get back to normal, but we are also happy that we are able to work at home and that we are working at a place that takes this seriously. How are you doing?

On the whole, we are doing OK. Not getting to see our coworkers and friends is hard and we all miss each other more than we expected when we started the quarantine. Some of us have moved home to relatives to be able to interact in person with a loved one, of course after taking proper precautions and making sure everyone is healthy. For some, this is very hard mentally and things like a Discord server for chit-chatting and hanging out there on Fridays helps a little. We are doing what we can to help each other, but I wish we could do more. Personally, working from home is not that bad as I live with my partner and we live in an area where I feel safe enough to go out and take walks. I have visited family and friends (very sparingly) but kept my distance and kept my hands clean with water, soap or hand sanitizer. Not having to travel to the office every day is nice, but it also means that I don't get my steps in as easily and I miss being able to just stop by someone's desk and talk to them about whatever. We all want this to be over ASAP so everything can get back to normal, but we are also happy that we are able to work at home and that we are working at a place that takes this seriously. How are you doing?
I know trhe feeling... i don't work at Paradox, and, though my company didn't come to deliver us a pack of goods (only chocolate Easter eggs), it does take the situation seriously... and i been working in confinement since March 13th. Without seeing and iteracting with the colleagues, it's tough.

Bon courage and stay safe !

Reactions:
I will have to admit that I do not miss seeing or interacting with my coworkers except through Webex and Teams, but having my wife home with me has been a blessing. I don't think I would have held up through all this alone.

I will have to admit that I do not miss seeing or interacting with my coworkers except through Webex and Teams, but having my wife home with me has been a blessing. I don't think I would have held up through all this alone.
As someone who is living alone ... my colleague on Friday had to stop by my flat to drop off the on-call pager. We stood in the car park of the little housing estate where I lived just chatting for about half and hour and it felt so good to talk to a colleague face-to-face rather than over the phone, even if we were standing like ten feet apart.

• 1Like
Reactions:

I'm good, thanks for asking.
Having to stay inside over a long period of time is not an easy thing to do. However, we must do our part to help others in this difficult time.

1) Considering what is happening now, what is your plans for PDX 2020?

2) Will Paradox's titles take part in Summer Game Fest 2020?

3) Not included Crusader Kings 3, how many projects are in the works? Are any of them will be ready for 2021 release?

4) From the World of Darkness, are we going to get a werewolf game just like Bloodlines 2?

5) For Triumph Studios, is there a future for Overlord series or are you planning to do something else?

6) What is going on with Colossal Order? Are you planning to publish their next title?

7) For your boss/CEO/HR. During the lock down, you can't go anywhere during your summer break.
What does this mean for your staff?

2) Will Paradox's titles take part in Summer Game Fest 2020?
They did already. Vampire the masquerade 2 featured on xbox's stream today.

Edit: or is it named vampire bloodlines 2? I don't follow it closely and the names get confused.

5) For Triumph Studios, is there a future for Overlord series or are you planning to do something else?
Hey Crowdemon, thanks for your question. As you may know Codemasters owns the IP to Overlord so unless that changes and something magical happens we won't be working on the series. As for the future we're currently focusing on the upcoming Invasions Expansion for Age of Wonders: Planetfall and the Third Expansion coming this fall.

Hello paradox, big fan of your games started playing ck2 back when it was released, but since then I've been hooked on your console edition games, can we expect more of these in the future?

And who ever decided to put your games on Microsoft's game pass is a genius and legend

Hello Paradox Peeps,

I have been playing your games for a long time, cut my teeth back on EU2 and HOI2 back before steam was a thing.

Not gonna say I loved all your games, and not gonna say I played all your games, but overall you are a positive ev company and I appreciate your ambitions if not always your methods of execution.

The following applies to Stellaris Console Edition;

One feature of the HOI and EU series that I really liked is absent in Stellaris, and that is the ability to change your country upon loading a save game.

On the PC I presume there is a console command that would allow you to take control of an AI empire, but the Console Edition itself can't utilize that game function.

The reason I like to be able to swap nation's in HOI or EU is because it allows me to build a massive super power and, at a later date, swap control for a smaller nation so the game remains fun and challenging.

In Stellaris this feature would be truly marvelous and would, IMHO, greatly increase the playability and lifespan of a given game.

Due to achievements being a thing I suppose the feature would need to be disabled in Ironman mode, but maybe not.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work and thank you especially for the update to Stellaris Console Edition. I am trapped at home with no PC for the immediate future so Stellaris Console Edition is the only legit strategy game I have to play right now so the upcoming release date will be mana from heaven

Hello Paradox Peeps,

I have been playing your games for a long time, cut my teeth back on EU2 and HOI2 back before steam was a thing.

Not gonna say I loved all your games, and not gonna say I played all your games, but overall you are a positive ev company and I appreciate your ambitions if not always your methods of execution.

The following applies to Stellaris Console Edition;

One feature of the HOI and EU series that I really liked is absent in Stellaris, and that is the ability to change your country upon loading a save game.

On the PC I presume there is a console command that would allow you to take control of an AI empire, but the Console Edition itself can't utilize that game function.

The reason I like to be able to swap nation's in HOI or EU is because it allows me to build a massive super power and, at a later date, swap control for a smaller nation so the game remains fun and challenging.

In Stellaris this feature would be truly marvelous and would, IMHO, greatly increase the playability and lifespan of a given game.

Due to achievements being a thing I suppose the feature would need to be disabled in Ironman mode, but maybe not.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work and thank you especially for the update to Stellaris Console Edition. I am trapped at home with no PC for the immediate future so Stellaris Console Edition is the only legit strategy game I have to play right now so the upcoming release date will be mana from heaven
This really belongs in the Stellaris forum, either in Suggestions there or the dedicated Console forum there.

However this is essentially not possible on consoles; as you say it needs access to the command line cheat function which does not and cannot exist on the console platform.

This really belongs in the Stellaris forum, either in Suggestions there or the dedicated Console forum there.

However this is essentially not possible on consoles; as you say it needs access to the command line cheat function which does not and cannot exist on the console platform.
It's actually possible in multiplayer (you get a list of empires to pick from, with the one you played previously at the top if you are rejoining, at each hotjoin) - so I guess it wouldn't be too hard to add it for single player, too.

Hi! I wanted to ask whether the countries of Eastern Europe will continue to develop in the EU4? I am especially interested in Zaporizhzhya Sich. It has a very interesting and rich history. The Cossacks repeatedly laid siege to Moscow, raided the Turkish coast and even looted the outskirts of Istanbul. They defended Vienna from the Ottomans, captured Dunkirk, helped Poland in the war with Sweden, and sank the entire Swedish fleet. The Turkish fleets also suffered losses from the Cossacks, although they were a storm in the Mediterranean and dominated the fleets of Venice, Spain and France. And the national liberation war of Khmelnytsky destroyed the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. Also very interesting are their original ships - seagulls - which were small but very efficient. Is it possible to implement something in the game, and is it planned to expand the capabilities of the Zaporozhian Sich? sorry for my english)))

Last edited:
Hi! I wanted to ask whether the countries of Eastern Europe will continue to develop in the EU4? I am especially interested in Zaporizhzhya Sich. It has a very interesting and rich history. The Cossacks repeatedly laid siege to Moscow, raided the Turkish coast and even looted the outskirts of Istanbul. They defended Vienna from the Ottomans, captured Dunkirk, helped Poland in the war with Sweden, and sank the entire Swedish fleet. The Turkish fleets also suffered losses from the Cossacks, although they were a storm in the Mediterranean and dominated the fleets of Venice, Spain and France. And the national liberation war of Khmelnytsky destroyed the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. Also very interesting are their original ships - seagulls - which were small but very efficient. Is it possible to implement something in the game, and is it planned to expand the capabilities of the Zaporozhian Sich? sorry for my english)))
This thread is for topics not covered elsewhere. Your post would be better in the EU4 forums, thanks.

Hello! Is a name change feature in the forum possible, and is it something you guys have considered adding?
The Forum Help forum would have been a better places for this, but the short answer is 'no'.