Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do the Paradox developers intend to expand the Search function for the forums? The Search function currently appears to be limited to a maximum of 200 threads with no option to continue searching.
No, since they do not work on the forum software. They work on the games.

You might try this thread for that query.

ou might try this thread for that query.
This thread?

Reactions:
In game (EU4), Orissa never expands southwards into Vijayanagar and Bahamani contrary to history (Kapilendra Deva and Hamvira Deva's Campaigns)

Orissa always has a negative income at the start of the game while all other civs I have played have atleast slightly positive income.

Also why Garjat (who are actually Oriyas and fictionally represented as some other culture in game Garjati are not in the same culture group?)

Prepare for Conquest Mission does not give claim on Adanki province which is required to complete next Mission Conquer Andhra.

In game (EU4), Orissa never expands southwards into Vijayanagar and Bahamani contrary to history (Kapilendra Deva and Hamvira Deva's Campaigns)

Orissa always has a negative income at the start of the game while all other civs I have played have atleast slightly positive income.

Also why Garjat (who are actually Oriyas and fictionally represented as some other culture in game Garjati are not in the same culture group?)

Prepare for Conquest Mission does not give claim on Adanki province which is required to complete next Mission Conquer Andhra.
You should go here with that questions:

• 1Like
Reactions:
If I were to post a number of suggestions and critiques for Imperator Rome based on my playing experience, and were to post it in the Imperator Rome sub-forum, would the Devs actually see or read any of it? While I want to be helpful, I don't want to spend a considerable amount of time writing something up that is never going to be seen in the first place.

If I were to post a number of suggestions and critiques for Imperator Rome based on my playing experience, and were to post it in the Imperator Rome sub-forum, would the Devs actually see or read any of it? While I want to be helpful, I don't want to spend a considerable amount of time writing something up that is never going to be seen in the first place.
Everything posted in Suggestions forums is read, although now would not be a great time as almost all of Paradox are on their annual summer break. Maybe wait until you see a new dev diary in that game, presumably in August.

I can't believe I'm asking this, but will there be more merch?
I got this really nice CK2 pint glass which has the added benefit of not being excessively nerdy so I actually get to use it.
So there needs to be more of that. You've got this game coming up that involves drinking liquids from nice glassware. Just saying.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Any chance Paradox could re-examine it's Steam regional prices? Right now Paradox seems to be using default Steam pricing recommendations which are unfairly high for Ukraine. I am Ukrainian and our prices are 40-50% higher than for Russian users. This is despite the fact that average Russian income and purchasing power is higher than in Ukraine. Another wealthier countries that have the the pricing lower than Ukraine are Argentina, Turkey, Kazakhstan, Brazil. Would gladly purchase more games and DLC's for fairer price.

I know it's something our sales team has been working on. It's a complicated topic, and last time we tried to do some adjustments to local pricing, it wasn't handled in the best of ways and things didn't go super well. But it's definitely something we monitor, and while I can't make any promise regarding specific countries as it's not my field of expertise at all, I know we're working on it!

• 2Like
Reactions:
I got this really nice CK2 pint glass which has the added benefit of not being excessively nerdy so I actually get to use it.
So there needs to be more of that. You've got this game coming up that involves drinking liquids from nice glassware. Just saying.

Yes! We've been working to find partners to produce and sell cool merch (our previous store was, I believe, costing Paradox more than it was bringing back, hence why we stopped doing merch outside of events a while ago). I don't know when and which brands have things planned already, but yes, we'll have merch again in the foreseeable future :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi, I have really enjoyed playing EU IV and Imperator Rome. In particular, I am excited for the upcoming Epirus pack and Menander update for I/R. My question is: Is Paradox open to making a game covering the Late Antiquity Period? This would cover right before the Western Roman Empire fell apart and go through the time of Charlemagne perhaps. Like EU IV, there could be different start dates to cover events like fall of WRE, Justinian’s rule, and rise of the Muslim Caliphate. It is just a suggestion. Thanks!

Great merch.

IMG_20200618_182240.jpg

If you could meet any mythic figure or creature, what would it be & why?

With the recent opening of new studios, does that mean more new games will be developed in parallel or more studios will cooperate in terms of working on particular games?

Since Whitewolf is now owned completely by Paradox Interactive, would an open world MMO potentially be in the works combining the entire world of darkness? Seattle is nice, but can you imagine a pack of Garou roaming the Blue Ridge Mountains?

How many people do you, on average, have working on a particular title?

• 2Like
Reactions: