Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you for the holiday greetings 2019 message on YouTube.

For each department/team at Paradox, what's one thing you want for Christmas?

I have quite a number of your titles on Steam and they of course link with your site/my PDX account for owned items display within the forum. Are there any plans to allow us to link with the MS Game Pass/Store to do the same?

We would love to enable users to link EA Origin, Epic Games, Microsoft Game Pass and all other places where you can own our games alas Steam is the only platform that has an API that is "user friendly" :p. Hopefully this will change in the future!

We would love to enable users to link EA Origin, Epic Games, Microsoft Game Pass and all other places where you can own our games alas Steam is the only platform that has an API that is "user friendly" :p. Hopefully this will change in the future!

It wouldn't really make sense to add Game Pass though. Content accessible by a subscription service isn't actually "owned".

But regarding the "owned items", could we get an improved interface at https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?account/owneditems?
I'd already be thankful for an option to swipe my current list, to make a new one. The option to sort icons by base game and release date would be even better.

The whole forum is being updated to new software at some point in the not-too-distant future, so no substantial changes will be made before then.

The whole forum is being updated to new software at some point in the not-too-distant future, so no substantial changes will be made before then.
will this address the spamfests that occasionally crop up?

will this address the spamfests that occasionally crop up?
I would hope and assume it will allow them to be dealt with outside user experience, yes. But I'm not across the details, sorry.

I'm not quite sure if this is the right thread, but I would like to ask Paradox to buy the Might & Magic franchise from Ubisoft.

I know this isn't something that can be done on a whim, but you did that with World of Darkness. I don't know if they would want to part with it, but I also don't feel like they actually need it. This is a heavily PC-oriented franchise and Ubisoft simply cannot or don't want to work with the PC audience. The two last Heroes games were panned by both, critics and fans and I cannot possibly describe how I feel about their remaster of the iconic third game without breaking the forum rules. As of now, in the 17 years since they took that franchise from 3DO there were like 3 decent games and none of them were developed by Ubisoft themselves: Heroes V (2006), Dark Messiah (2006) and Clash of Heroes (2009).

I think Paradox has the necessary expertise and development resources to revive the franchise and produce a new good Heroes game. I know this will be another outrageous DLC fest, but you cannot have everything and it would definitely be better than what we have right now.

Last edited:
Everyone has their own favorite era, but mine is the French revolution. My thesis work "The Female Assassin", a game manuscript, is based on events that happened during this time.
Charlotte Corday?

If you had an opportunity to interview anyone from history, who would it be & why?

Why do I need 5 posts before I can make a decent and well made post on the EU4 boards, to explain my current situation and ask for advice?

Like, you have a spam filter but make me post 5 messages before I can actually post the original post I intended to post.

Only gives more spam as people have to post 5 'semi useless' posts before they can post what they intended.

(Also, 3 more messages to go! yeey :) )