• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm just posting here as a notification that I'll be gone on vacation for 3 weeks from now. So be nice towards the team working with Crusader Kings in the meantime and I'll be back soon enough. Hopefully I'll be able to concentrate more on one project at a time then rather than keeping track of all of our projects at the same time. But time will tell what my tasks will be.

Happy modding while I'm brb.

Have a good vacation!

@Divine did you ever get the time by the way to look into other ways of handling the number of patricians in a republic? I still support moving the define value from defines.lua to government types, so that we can have special kinds of republics with more patricians rather than having every MR having more or less.
It's still only a define as of now.

Reactions:
AH one final question, was there any intention when you get around to an event command to trigger a tactic, to add a condition to check if a tactic is active? If not can this also be added, just to help with more efficient combat pulse events?

AH one final question, was there any intention when you get around to an event command to trigger a tactic, to add a condition to check if a tactic is active? If not can this also be added, just to help with more efficient combat pulse events?
Good idea, that will probably be very needed to manipulate the tactics properly.

Reactions:
It could also be used on its own, for charge tactics to give the flank commanders traits like brave, or in things like the Warhammer Mod to drive increased combat duels. Really the options are limitless.

A couple of further options would be checks to see if the tactic is valid for that commander, though that might be resource intensive. Another one would be the check the combat phase you are in, and perhaps a command to directly alter the phase, though that can be done via tactics I suppose.

EDIT*

Actually on further reflection, a conditional to check combat phase, and having the tactic command either forcing the phase change or having a seperate command to do so would be next to essential I think with most proper applications of triggering a tactic directly from an event. Just thinking of for instance a general self event chain, where you can influence combat on a flank directly by choosing a tactic or a phase, and without the ability to for instance check your current combat phase and let that be the modifier for what options are available for the event your are likely to need to do a substantial amount of coding to work around any potential errors it will throw up.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I had some time to do some fixes. Unfortunately there hasn't been any real additions to the script apart from that recently but I hope some of you find these fixes helpful.

Code:
- Fixed failed scoping with random_hospital and any_hospital effects.
- Another safeguard for divide by zero crash in the ai.
- Added any_close_relative, random_close_relative effects.
- A lot of fixes for tooltips for inverted triggers.
- Fixed an issue where titular titles could be usurped if they had titular dejure vassals.
- Fixed an issue where dejure lieges were not saved for titles which had no original dejure liege.
- Fixed issues where creating custom trade routes led to some paths being permanently disabled. This fix also changed a behavior in scripting the paths. For a path of a trade route to successfully connect to another path it now requires the end province to be the same as the start province of another path. Previously paths could be connected to an arbitrary province along the path.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Divine said:
Fixed issues where creating custom trade routes led to some paths being permanently disabled. This fix also changed a behavior in scripting the paths. For a path of a trade route to successfully connect to another path it now requires the end province to be the same as the start province of another path. Previously paths could be connected to an arbitrary province along the path.
Hurray for this one! Lux Invicta's trade routes might finally all start working.

I assume these won't get in until 2.7? Or will we be lucky and get them in 2.6.2?

mmmmm I am praying we get some more modding commands before 2.7, I am almost ready to sell my students into slavery for commands to manipulate tactics... And I am not entirely joking...

Code:
- Fixed an issue where dejure lieges were not saved for titles which had no original dejure liege.

Hooray! Finally!

Code:
- Fixed an issue where titular titles could be revoked if they had titular dejure vassals.

Did you also fix the issue with usurping such titles?

For a path of a trade route to successfully connect to another path it now requires the end province to be the same as the start province of another path.
What if two trade routes have the same start province (that is the end province of a third route)?

mmmmm I am praying we get some more modding commands before 2.7, I am almost ready to sell my students into slavery for commands to manipulate tactics... And I am not entirely joking...

I'd stay focused on what is possible with the current scripting commands: we know from the start that many suggestions will never be implemented, and for the ones that are, this is just pure bonus, not something that we're entitled to ! ;)

Reactions:
Hooray! Finally!

Did you also fix the issue with usurping such titles?
Yes, my bad it's a fix for the usurpation bug.

What if two trade routes have the same start province (that is the end province of a third route)?
Those paths should connect properly. Assuming that the third trade route path passes trade the two other trade route paths will pass on the trade further. It might require some mods to rewrite some of their paths so that they align their start and end provinces but hopefully splitting and converging trade routes should now work properly.

Reactions:
Just examine the common/custom_localisation/00_custom_localisation.txt file.
Code:
defined_text = {
   name = GetActressActor

text = {
     trigger = { is_female = no }
     localisation_key = Actor
   }
   text = {
     trigger = { is_female = yes }
     localisation_key = Actress
   }   
}
Code:
ACTOR;Actor;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
ACTRESS;Actress;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Reactions:
Code:
defined_text = {
   name = GetActressActor

text = {
     localisation_key = Actor
   }
   text = {
   } 
}
Code:

Thanks, but how do I use them? Do I need to put them in brackets preceded by an scope like localisation commands?

Edit, the comment in that file says "#Returns the string named "GetActressActorMale" for male characters, "GetActressActorFemale" for female characters ". Doesn't that contradict what you've said? I'm a bit confused by that.

Last edited:
Take it up with the dev who wrote the comment, then didn't follow the comment guideline. And yes, I'd expect that you'd use it like [cast_member.GetActressActor].

Code:
defined_text = {
   name = GetActressActor

text = {
     localisation_key = Actor
   }
   text = {
   }  
}
Code:

Holy crap that's awesome.

Take it up with the dev who wrote the comment, then didn't follow the comment guideline. And yes, I'd expect that you'd use it like [cast_member.GetActressActor].

Is there any chance that custom localization system would ever allow the keys you create to themselves contain keys?

So like "[Root.GetFirstName] the Actress" instead of just "Actress"?

Not that the system isn't cool and appreciated even so. :)