• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Absalon II Hvide (Blue Demes)
Absalon looks over at young Nikephoros Salamis with a smile, and for once he takes effort to hide his black teeth. "Come Easter she will be nineteen, she and her brother is currently on her way home to Castle Hvide for our new years celebrations, i can arrange a meeting."

Absalon leans over to Colombo and says: " He is expecting us to bicker among ourselves, however he will not expect unity, so i suggest that we nominate Senator Este-Ravenna for the position, it will throw the president off of his game and show the Reds that we are serious about our alliance with them."

Senator Zeno Urbicus Mojmirid
*Upon hearing the words of the President of the Senate Zeno understood exactly what was going to happen. It would devolve into a clash of reds and blues as they all clamored for control. Leaning over, he once again whispers into Senator Este-Ravenna's ear.*

The white speaker seeks to divide us, I implore you to nominate the von Habsburg to the position. Again an unaffiliated should have no ties to any group, thus removing the need for any one group to gain too much control. If you do nominate an unaffiliated dem I will support you with all the weight my name holds.

Senator Alexius Colombo (Speaker of the Blue Demes):

*Alexius smiles. Does Pylaeus think he can outfox and outwit him? Absalon is quite right, Este-Ravenna will appreciate the show of trust, if nothing else. Pylaeus can enjoy his petty power for now, but it will be the Blues who control the destiny of the Imperium..*

"Acting President, I do not think I am best suited for the office of Vice-President. However, I do know someone who is. Senator Alexius Este-Ravenna, the Red Speaker, is more than capable of such an important role. If he accepts the role, I should like to support him."

I also hereby propose the following Senate Policy in the name of the Blue Demes, for the purposes of "Reducing expenses and increasing revenue of the Imperial Treasury".

{{ +15% Trade Efficiency, -10% Army Maintenance }}

I would like to remind the Senators that support of this policy does not imply support of Administrative Focus, nor support of the Whites Demes.

*Alexius turns to the President after finishing*

"May you live in interesting times, Pylaeus"

Reactions:
Senator Marius Serapis of the White Demes

Marius smiles at Lazarus Melissenos, congratulating him on his new title, before opening the note from Senator Mojmirid.

*Pulling out a small piece of paper, Zeno scribiles a quick note, folds it up and hands it to a slave.*

Please deliver this to Senator Marius Serapis. Tell him it is from House Mojmirid.

Dear Senator Serapis,
Our families have had ties for nearly forty years. If stories are to be believed your grandfather was a just and honest man. Holding to that belief I wish to discuss some matters of the state with you. If you find the time join me in the section with the unaffiliated dems so we may speak in private.
Sincerely,

He quickly pens his reply, hands it to the slave and rises from his seat to walk towards the unaffiliated section.

Honourable Senator Mojmirid,
Once our Houses were allies in the Senate. I have been told your ancestor was a wise and valued friend of our House, and perhaps the time is right to rebuild those ties. I am eager to discuss your views on the matters of state, and will of course agree to keep our discussions private.

Marius Serapis
[/spoiler]

Senator Leon Taurinus (Red Demes)

*Whispering to the other Reds*

"We cannot trust the Blues, they would use us only to climb to the heights the Whites have attained, using us as nothing more than stepping stones. Let us join with the Whites, the Imperium's good must come before internal politics. If we join with the Whites in alliance we will aid the Imperium's recovery and the Reds themselves will rise. We have been weakened by the execution of two of our senators, we should side with the Whites and gain what advantage we can from such an alliance."

Senator Nikephoros II Salamis (Blue Demes):
To Senator Hvide:
*Nikephoros nods*
I will be happy to join you in the new year's celebration and meet the lady Caroline.
*To the other Blues*
Aye, I agree. We should ally with the Reds... Perhaps promising that if the situation of the Imperium will be better in the next session, we will support their policy?
Also, if we do not propose an amendament the only policy to vote about will be the administrative revolt... Though if all the Blues vote against it, it will not reach the required majority... What do you say?

*Upon receiving the note, and witnessing Senator Serapis' movement to the Unaffiliated section, Zeno rises from his seat and swiftly goes to join his families old friend. Sitting down next to Senator Serapis, Zeno begins to speak quietly.*

Senator Serapis, thank you for meeting with me. I wish to discuss a few matters with you, the most important will come last. I know that our families have been friends for years, however I feel it would be in our best interests to join our blood lines. Many of the men in my family were wiped out by the plague, along with a large portion of the women. That being said, I seek a wife, and I have a few women of my own in mind if you are interested. What say you?

*Upon receiving the note, and witnessing Senator Serapis' movement to the Unaffiliated section, Zeno rises from his seat and swiftly goes to join his families old friend. Sitting down next to Senator Serapis, Zeno begins to speak quietly.*

Senator Serapis, thank you for meeting with me. I wish to discuss a few matters with you, the most important will come last. I know that our families have been friends for years, however I feel it would be in our best interests to join our blood lines. Many of the men in my family were wiped out by the plague, along with a large portion of the women. That being said, I seek a wife, and I have a few women of my own in mind if you are interested. What say you?

Marius smiles, "Thank you for your offer. I would be honoured to join my House to one as great as yours. Serapis too has suffered from the wars and is in need of new noble blood. My younger brother Theophilus, a half-Melissenos by his mother, will soon some of age. His younger sister Sophia is already thirteen but she's a clever girl if no great beauty. My cousin Livia is one of the loveliest women in Jerusalem, but already 28 and unmarried because of her difficult temper. She needs a strong and wise man to tame her. Angelina is of a distant branch of the House, but she's by all accounts a sweet and caring girl, though she's lost her entire family to the Timurid vermin. I have yet to father children of my own, alas, but I can vouch for the virtue of them all."

Senator Alexios von Hohenzollern (unaffiliated):

Alexios was silent as everything in the Senate unfolded around him and at least two senators, one from the Reds and one from the Blues sat down quite near to him and the Habsburg. By now he was quite confused. "The Senate has seen better times," the Whites had told him a while ago. Those words resonated in his head.

Whispering to Senators Mojmirid and Serapis:
"Senators, I hope I am not interrupting something important (and I apologize if I did), but may I ask why you chose to sit next to us? We are simply two unaffiliated senators. Unless there is something you would like to discuss with us..."

((Which was the ruling family of Dubrobnik at the end of CK" paret @CzokletMuss ))

Marius smiles, "Thank you for your offer. I would be honoured to join my House to one as great as yours. Serapis too has suffered from the wars and is in need of new noble blood. My younger brother Theophilus, a half-Melissenos by his mother, will soon some of age. His younger sister Sophia is already thirteen but she's a clever girl if no great beauty. My cousin Livia is one of the loveliest women in Jerusalem, but already 28 and unmarried because of her difficult temper. She needs a strong and wise man to tame her. Angelina is of a distant branch of the House, but she's by all accounts a sweet and caring girl, though she's lost her entire family to the Timurid vermin. I have yet to father children of my own, alas, but I can vouch for the virtue of them all."

Your cousin, Livia, seems like my kind of woman. I always prefer one who can hold her own in a fight rather than cringe under a forceful hand, not to mention the fact that I have always preferred older women. As for your half-brother, I do have a niece, Theodora, she was spared from the plague by pure happen chance. The man whom she was betrothed to perished in the riots that occurred during the plague. However I hear that she is none too upset about it seeing as she told me on more than one occasion that she hated the man. She is a highly intelligent girl, has a better sense of business than most of the men here. *Zeno chuckles lightly.* As for her temperament, she is a little shy, probably what caused her to bury her face in books. I have it on good authority that she has a rather voracious appetite for the carnal delights, however I am assured that she has remained pure.

Senator Alexios von Hohenzollern (unaffiliated):

Alexios was silent as everything in the Senate unfolded around him and at least two senators, one from the Reds and one from the Blues sat down quite near to him and the Habsburg. By now he was quite confused. "The Senate has seen better times," the Whites had told him a while ago. Those words resonated in his head.

Whispering to Senators Mojmirid and Serapis:
"Senators, I hope I am not interrupting something important (and I apologize if I did), but may I ask why you chose to sit next to us? We are simply two unaffiliated senators. Unless there is something you would like to discuss with us..."

I apologize Senator... von Hohenzollern? Is that correct? I wished to speak with Senator Serapis alone, and away from the politics of the other dems. The unaffiliated hold no ties to any groups so our discussions should not be viewed with concern. Which leads me to my second reason for calling you over Senator Serapis, however I would like to finish this discussion first. Do we have an agreement? If not I have a couple other young women, however Theodora is by far the woman of highest breeding.

Senator Decius Pylaeus (Acting President of the Imperial Senate):

Senator Alexius Colombo (Speaker of the Blue Demes):

*Alexius smiles. Does Pylaeus think he can outfox and outwit him? Absalon is quite right, Este-Ravenna will appreciate the show of trust, if nothing else. Pylaeus can enjoy his petty power for now, but it will be the Blues who control the destiny of the Imperium..*

"Acting President, I do not think I am best suited for the office of Vice-President. However, I do know someone who is. Senator Alexius Este-Ravenna, the Red Speaker, is more than capable of such an important role. If he accepts the role, I should like to support him."

I also hereby propose the following Senate Policy in the name of the Blue Demes, for the purposes of "Reducing expenses and increasing revenue of the Imperial Treasury".

{{ +15% Trade Efficiency, -10% Army Maintenance }}

I would like to remind the Senators that support of this policy does not imply support of Administrative Focus, nor support of the Whites Demes.

*Alexius turns to the President after finishing*

"May you live in interesting times, Pylaeus"

And so it begins.

"Thank you for the proposed policy, speaker of the blues. Even though I cannot begin to fathom why you'd want to bring separation to a senate that can finally act united, without interference of a dynatos. Do you not see the opportunities this provides for all of us?"

Decius smile widens.
What a fool the new Colombo is. He clearly went for the obvious trap and pledged his support for Este-Ravenna. As if Decius wanted someone like Colombo as Vice-President! But now, without anything done by him, he surrendered the post to Este-Ravenna, a person who Decius values and who can be cooperated with. Divide et impera.

"What a wise councel you are granting us, blue speaker. That leaves only Senator Este-Ravenna as a candidate for the post of Vice-President, so please speak up if you would accept said post. Before I can express my support for the blues policy, I want to hear the opinion of the red demes on the matter."

{{ The proposed policy is within the 20 point limit.

4uo6LUy.png

}}

Kentarchos Nokas:

Suddenly commander of the Imperial Senate Guard enters the peristyle accompanied by two guardsmen, all of them armed. As always, he wears a long white cape and his armor, not so long ago stained with blood, has been cleaned and now once again shines in the sun, decorated with silver and gold. He looks around and then approaches the nearest senator from the White Demes - as it happens, it's senator Marius Serapis.

- Senator Serapis. Tell me, where I can find His Excellency Vice President?

{{ @Serpent }}
*Upon hearing the words of the President of the Senate Zeno understood exactly what was going to happen. It would devolve into a clash of reds and blues as they all clamored for control. Leaning over, he once again whispers into Senator Este-Ravenna's ear.*

The white speaker seeks to divide us, I implore you to nominate the von Habsburg to the position. Again an unaffiliated should have no ties to any group, thus removing the need for any one group to gain too much control. If you do nominate an unaffiliated dem I will support you with all the weight my name holds.

Senator Alexios Este-Ravenna (Red Demes Speaker):

Alexios is furious; not at the White Speaker- he fully expects all men in the Senate, including himself, to be short sighted and ambitious- but at the Dynatoi, and at the president who cares so little for them.

He stands to his full and impressive height. "So we see at last how little the Senate means to the Dynatoi! Scarce hours ago Dalissenos beheaded two of our number and scourged two more- harsh measures, but not uncalled for in the name of discipline- but he further ordered the purging of two Aristoi houses, their women turned to whores and their boys to eunuchs! Now he departs us- would that he had done so sooner! and scurries away like the opportunistic rat he is! He tosses us scraps and arrogantly thinks we shall fight amongst ourselves for his amusement? I nominate Senator Azizid as Vice President! A mongol by birth, yet more of a man than the Roman who just departed."

We were called here to advise the Sacred Emperor. He is surrounded by flatterers and fools, bloated dynatoi who care more for their own ambitions than the fate of Rome! The threat comes not from the Jews, nor the Church- but from the Dynatoi themselves, whose lands are vast and rich and useless to the army!

I hereby propose a
General Land Reform against the Dynatoi estates. This reform will free up men and material for the army and increase the effectiveness of our merchants. And I strongly suggest that the Imperium consider whether their estates are better left alone or confiscated by the Imperial Throne, for the good of Rome."

Senator Alexios Este-Ravenna proposes the policy General Land Reform

-10% army Maintenance
+10% Trade Income
He sits, sulking.

{{CzokletMuss, can we please please PLEASE get a decision, or at least a policy with greater benefits but also drawbacks, e.g. a penalty to stability cost or unrest or something in exchange for double the normal points? If not now than in the future?}}

Last edited:
Reactions:
{{ @Undead Martyr

So, you are proposing someone who cannot become Vice-President. Additionally, you propose a policy consisting of 3 items, while Czoklet said a while ago that the policy may only contain two items.

Nice RP on your part, but can you at least try to follow the rules? This way I don't know how to react and may default action is purification by fire}}

Absalon leans over to Colombo. "If we name Azizid the leade of the blue demes we would have Senator Este-Ravenna backing him. Azizid is a loud man, but he is also a priest, and therefore harder to act against, this is our chance i suggest we take it."

{{ @Undead Martyr

So, you are proposing someone who cannot become Vice-President. Additionally, you propose a policy consisting of 3 items, while Czoklet said a while ago that the policy may only contain two items.

Nice RP on your part, but can you at least try to follow the rules? This way I don't know how to react and may default action is purification by fire}}

{{Give us a chance to respond, the blues could declare Azizid our leader should colombo stands down right? This is not over just yet.}}

{{ @Undead Martyr

{{Are we really not allowed to nominate anyone? I don't see why given the unprecedented nature of the situation, if there's enough support.}}

{{

Absalon leans over to Colombo. "If we name Azizid the leade of the blue demes we would have Senator Este-Ravenna backing him. Azizid is a loud man, but he is also a priest, and therefore harder to act against, this is our chance i suggest we take it."

{{Give us a chance to respond, the blues could declare Azizid our leader should colombo stands down right? This is not over just yet.}}

Just another reminder: You cannot change your faction speaker while in a session. Czoklet PMed me that I had the chance to give away the post of faction speaker as an exception because my character got promoted. The rules say you have to stick with your faction speaker through the entire session, which caused problems with absent speakers in earlier debates.}}