• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
yes yes, it had to be THAT. and here I thought I was just mistaken :rofl:
in any case, it might be possibly a false error, so I'll ask novaneko about it before editing them (since it just might be an engine design decision for the "_decision" to be only appended in the plot_decisions.txt )

also, regarding these:
Code:
At <mod>\events\married_life_events.txt [character_event[72]\desc] (Line 4702, Column 2):
"Failed Activity" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\married_life_events.txt [character_event[72]\option[2]\name] (Line 4736, Column 3):
"Let's try again!" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\married_life_events.txt [character_event[72]\option[1]\name] (Line 4708, Column 3):
"Too bad!" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\married_life_events.txt [character_event[71]\desc] (Line 4654, Column 2):
"Perfect Activity" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\married_life_events.txt [character_event[71]\option[2]\name] (Line 4689, Column 3):
"Let's try again!" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\married_life_events.txt [character_event[71]\option[1]\name] (Line 4660, Column 3):
"Friends forever!" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\married_life_events.txt [character_event[65]\desc] (Line 4240, Column 2):
"New Friend" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\married_life_events.txt [character_event[65]\option\name] (Line 4246, Column 3):
"Great!" is not a valid LocalizationKey.
I believe these are false errors. They're missing the localisation key sure, but they'll show up in-game properly. I do recall richvh/novaneko pointing that out a few months ago in a certain thread I started :laugh:

also, some of the missing localisations are apparently vanilla, so do you think that's what's causing the problem - ie. the relevant files "missing" in the Lux Invicta folder but still referenced by the game properly?
... or could they be, stuff that got deleted in the text1.csv's you've uploaded? *staaaaare*
:rofl:
in any case, I do recall them not being in the scan results you've posted some time ago, and since I didn't edit anything with regards to the relevant files, I'm guessing it shouldn't cause a problem, right?
... right?
:laugh:
btw, I'll upload another test archive with your edits and coptic merges finished though the localisation issues partly solved (okay, 30% solved :laugh:), so could you do a quick scan on that and check how much less validator errors show up?

I did include the list of things I wasn't sure about :p If they show up fine, then I'll remember that in future scans.

I try not to delete anything in text1.csv unless it's already commented out :laugh: Some of the issues might be vanilla, yes, but they could still use localisations. Unless, as you said, they will work in game. If I don't remember which ones those are, though, I'll probably continue to include them in scans.

As soon as you upload something, I'll take a scan.

Last edited:
another non-intended-for-general-use update. stick with the may 2 update.
again, don't use this version, since it's both not save compatible, and intended mainly for futuregary's .... prying :laugh:

file: <<download>>
changes:
> added in the lakes-removed edited NBRT+ terrain.bmp map (feel free to use this file in your current LI setups)
> finished integrating the Coptic Merge and added in the Scan Results edits (the localisation edits were copied as is)

I did include the list of things I wasn't sure about :p If they show up fine, then I'll remember that in future scans.

I try not to delete anything in text1.csv unless it's already commented out :laugh: Some of the issues might be vanilla, yes, but they could still use localisations. Unless, as you said, they will work in game. If I don't remember which ones those are, though, I'll probably continue to include them in scans.

As soon as you upload something, I'll take a scan.

I haven't/didn't edit the plot-things yet nor added in the missing localisations, since I'm kind of hoping you'd rescan them this while checking/referencing vanilla files (... I don't know. copy pasting vanilla localisations in a folder, then copy pasting the whole LI+ck2plus+THISlibert3 over it, thus keeping the un-overwritten files within the same folder? ) and eliminating which are vanilla and which are FF/VIET caused.

though in case that isn't it, then please continue adding them to your scan reports so that I could quickly reference them in case I need to manually hunt them down.

oh, btw, the duplicates are still there. I forgot to edit them before uploading :laugh:
I'll probably edit them tomorrow. I'm kinda worn out today and it's 0225 of the next day in this timelinezone

another non-intended-for-general-use update. stick with the may 2 update.
again, don't use this version, since it's both not save compatible, and intended mainly for futuregary's .... prying :laugh:

file: <<download>>
changes:
> added in the lakes-removed edited NBRT+ terrain.bmp map (feel free to use this file in your current LI setups)
> finished integrating the Coptic Merge and added in the Scan Results edits (the localisation edits were copied as is)

I haven't/didn't edit the plot-things yet nor added in the missing localisations, since I'm kind of hoping you'd rescan them this while checking/referencing vanilla files (... I don't know. copy pasting vanilla localisations in a folder, then copy pasting the whole LI+ck2plus+THISlibert3 over it, thus keeping the un-overwritten files within the same folder? ) and eliminating which are vanilla and which are FF/VIET caused.

though in case that isn't it, then please continue adding them to your scan reports so that I could quickly reference them in case I need to manually hunt them down.

oh, btw, the duplicates are still there. I forgot to edit them before uploading :laugh:
I'll probably edit them tomorrow. I'm kinda worn out today and it's 0225 of the next day in this timelinezone

As is customary, I've included my edits and a list of all errors, whether or not you've addressed them or corrected them :laugh:

View attachment 80346

Missing Localisations:
At <mod>\common\cb_types\00_cb_types.txt [embargo_cb] (Line 7025, Column 1):
The string embargo_cb_desc was not found in localization.

At <mod>\decisions\loan_decisions.txt [decisions\ai_repay_loan] (Line 485, Column 2):
The string ai_repay_loan was not found in localization.

At <mod>\decisions\loan_decisions.txt [decisions\ai_take_loan] (Line 266, Column 2):
The string ai_take_loan was not found in localization.

At <mod>\decisions\maintenance_decisions.txt [decisions\ai_estates_income] (Line 2, Column 2):
The string ai_estates_income was not found in localization.

At <mod>\common\event_modifiers\jordarkelf_event_modifiers.txt [faction_succ_ultimogeniture_ultimatum_timer] (Line 2, Column 1):
The string faction_succ_ultimogeniture_ultimatum_timer was not found in localization.

At <mod>\common\event_modifiers\jordarkelf_event_modifiers.txt [faction_succ_tanistry_ultimatum_timer] (Line 1, Column 1):
The string faction_succ_tanistry_ultimatum_timer was not found in localization.

At <mod>\common\event_modifiers\VIET_event_modifiers.txt [muslim_paper_makers] (Line 131, Column 1):
The string muslim_paper_makers was not found in localization.

At <mod>\common\opinion_modifiers\ck2plus_opinion_modifiers.txt [opinion_recent_plot] (Line 100, Column 1):
The string opinion_recent_plot was not found in localization.

At <mod>\common\minor_titles\00_minor_titles.txt [title_courtesan] (Line 203, Column 1):
The string title_courtesan was not found in localization.

At <mod>\common\minor_titles\00_minor_titles.txt [title_ruler_consort] (Line 133, Column 1):
The string title_ruler_consort was not found in localization.

At <mod>\common\traits\FF_ck2plus_traits.txt [regency_ai] (Line 156, Column 1):
The string regency_ai was not found in localization.

At <mod>\common\traits\FF_ck2plus_traits.txt [regency] (Line 151, Column 1):
The string regency was not found in localization.

At <mod>\common\traits\targeting_traits.txt [assign_mission_target] (Line 6, Column 1):
The string assign_mission_target was not found in localization.

At <mod>\events\guardian_events.txt [character_event[64]\option[3]\name] (Line 6774, Column 3):
"EVTOPTC38230" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\hashshashin_order_events.txt [character_event[8]\desc] (Line 646, Column 2):
"EVTDESC88015" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\hashshashin_order_events.txt [character_event[3]\desc] (Line 485, Column 2):
"EVTDESC88008" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\hashshashin_order_events.txt [character_event[3]\option\name] (Line 492, Column 3):
"EVTOPTA88008" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\hashshashin_order_events.txt [character_event[2]\desc] (Line 452, Column 2):
"EVTDESC88006" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\hashshashin_order_events.txt [character_event[2]\option\name] (Line 459, Column 3):
"EVTOPTA88006" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\hashshashin_order_events.txt [character_event[1]\desc] (Line 366, Column 2):
"EVTDESC88005" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\maintenance_events.txt [character_event[5]\desc] (Line 272, Column 2):
"EVTDESC110044" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\muslim_honorary_titles_events.txt [character_event[35]\option[1]\FROM\liege\character_event\tooltip] (Line 3469, Column 6):
"EVTTOOLTIP105055" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\muslim_honorary_titles_events.txt [character_event[5]\option[2]\spouse\character_event\tooltip] (Line 371, Column 5):
"EVTTOOLTIP105007" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\muslim_honorary_titles_events.txt [character_event[3]\option[3]\spouse\character_event\tooltip] (Line 292, Column 5):
"EVTTOOLTIP105007" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\polygamy_events.txt [character_event[23]\option[1]\random_list\50[2]\spouse\hidden_tooltip\character_event\tooltip] (Line 1044, Column 38):
"EVTTOOLTIP89022" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\polygamy_events.txt [character_event[23]\option[1]\random_list\50[1]\spouse\hidden_tooltip\random_list\50[2]\character_event\tooltip] (Line 1027, Column 40):
"EVTTOOLTIP89025" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\polygamy_events.txt [character_event[23]\option[1]\random_list\50[1]\spouse\hidden_tooltip\random_list\50[1]\character_event\tooltip] (Line 1020, Column 40):
"EVTTOOLTIP89024" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\polygamy_events.txt [character_event[17]\option[1]\random_list\65\spouse\hidden_tooltip\character_event\tooltip] (Line 766, Column 38):
"EVTTOOLTIP89022" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\polygamy_events.txt [character_event[17]\option[1]\random_list\35\spouse\hidden_tooltip\random_list\50[2]\character_event\tooltip] (Line 749, Column 40):
"EVTTOOLTIP89025" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\polygamy_events.txt [character_event[17]\option[1]\random_list\35\spouse\hidden_tooltip\random_list\50[1]\character_event\tooltip] (Line 742, Column 40):
"EVTTOOLTIP89024" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\polygamy_events.txt [character_event[8]\option[3]\random_spouse\hidden_tooltip\character_event\tooltip] (Line 380, Column 45):
"EVTTOOLTIP89009" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\polygamy_events.txt [character_event[7]\option\spouse\character_event\tooltip] (Line 342, Column 44):
"EVTTOOLTIP89008" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\religious_events.txt [character_event[32]\desc] (Line 1959, Column 2):
"EVTDESC39254" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\religious_events.txt [character_event[32]\option\name] (Line 1966, Column 3):
"EVTOPTA39254" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\religious_events.txt [character_event[30]\option[2]\name] (Line 1897, Column 3):
"EVTOPTB39252" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\rumours_events.txt [character_event[9]\desc] (Line 583, Column 2):
"EVTDESC69008" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\rumours_events.txt [character_event[9]\option[2]\name] (Line 619, Column 3):
"EVTOPTB69008" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\rumours_events.txt [character_event[9]\option[1]\name] (Line 615, Column 3):
"EVTOPTA69008" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

At <mod>\events\traits_effects_events.txt [character_event[274]\option[4]\name] (Line 15151, Column 3):
"EVTOPTD3602" is not a valid LocalizationKey.

Duplicates:
At <mod>\events\new_plot_events.txt [character_event[57]\option] (Line 4761, Column 2):
There may be no duplications of a "cancel_plot" clause.
There were 2 duplicates.
[I94674|L4764|C3]: cancel_plot = plot_fabricate_treason
[I94714|L4765|C3]: cancel_plot = plot_fabricate_treason_liege

At <mod>\events\new_plot_events.txt [character_event[55]\option] (Line 4721, Column 2):
There were 2 duplicates.
[I93897|L4723|C3]: cancel_plot = plot_fabricate_treason
[I93937|L4724|C3]: cancel_plot = plot_fabricate_treason_liege

At <mod>\events\new_plot_events.txt [character_event[42]\option] (Line 3444, Column 2):
There were 2 duplicates.
[I67225|L3447|C3]: cancel_plot = plot_fabricate_treason
[I67265|L3448|C3]: cancel_plot = plot_fabricate_treason_liege

At <mod>\events\new_plot_events.txt [character_event[39]\option] (Line 3380, Column 2):
There were 2 duplicates.
[I66018|L3382|C3]: cancel_plot = plot_fabricate_treason
[I66058|L3383|C3]: cancel_plot = plot_fabricate_treason_liege

Duplicate ID: EVTDESC1000109045
[1]: <mod>\localisation\VIET_Decisions.csv (45, 1)
[2]: <mod>\localisation\VIET_Traits.csv (22, 1)

Duplicate ID: EVTOPTA1000109045
[1]: <mod>\localisation\VIET_Decisions.csv (46, 1)
[2]: <mod>\localisation\VIET_Traits.csv (23, 1)

Coding Errors:
At <mod>\events\on_action_events.txt [character_event[37]\option\new_character\FROM] (Line 3109, Column 4):
Invalid use of 'FROM': This scope has no FROM due to the fact that [<mod>\common\on_actions\00_on_actions.txt] (1979, 3): on_defect_from_rebels\events\615 has no scope.

At <mod>\events\maintenance_events.txt [character_event[2]\option\cancel_plot] (Line 131, Column 3):
"yes" is not a valid Plot.

At <mod>\common\cb_types\00_cb_types.txt [claim_on_vassal_plot\is_valid_title\ROOT\has_plot] (Line 896, Column 4):
"plot_gain_vassal_title" is not a valid Plot.

At <mod>\decisions\ao_ambition_decisions.txt [decisions\reveal_plots_dec\allow\any_backed_character\OR\has_plot[1]] (Line 20, Column 7):

At <mod>\decisions\ao_ambition_decisions.txt [decisions\reveal_plots_dec\effect\any_backed_character\if\limit\OR\has_plot[1]] (Line 48, Column 8):

At <mod>\decisions\plot_decisions.txt [plot_decisions\plot_gain_vassal_title_decision\potential\has_plot] (Line 8, Column 4):

At <mod>\events\job_spymaster.txt [character_event[5]\trigger\location\any_province_lord\OR\has_plot[1]] (Line 390, Column 6):

At <mod>\events\job_spymaster.txt [character_event[1]\trigger\location\any_province_character\OR\has_plot[1]] (Line 46, Column 6):

At <mod>\events\job_spymaster.txt [character_event[1]\option\hidden_tooltip\location\random_province_character\limit\OR\has_plot[1]] (Line 208, Column 8):

At <mod>\events\maintenance_events.txt [character_event[3]\trigger\NOT[3]\has_plot[4]] (Line 149, Column 4):

At <mod>\events\maintenance_events.txt [character_event[1]\trigger\OR\has_plot[4]] (Line 13, Column 4):

At <mod>\events\maintenance_events.txt [character_event[1]\option\if\limit\NOT\has_plot] (Line 39, Column 13):

At <mod>\events\plot_events.txt [character_event[2]\trigger\any_backed_character\OR\has_plot[4]] (Line 321, Column 5):

At <mod>\events\plot_events.txt [character_event[2]\option\random_backed_character\limit\OR\has_plot[4]] (Line 400, Column 6):

At <mod>\events\plot_events.txt [character_event[1]\trigger\OR\has_plot[4]] (Line 41, Column 4):

At <mod>\events\plot_events.txt [letter_event[41]\option[2]\cancel_plot] (Line 3173, Column 3):

At <mod>\events\uncover_plot_events.txt [character_event[1]\trigger\location\any_province_character\OR\has_plot[1]] (Line 28, Column 6):

At <mod>\events\uncover_plot_events.txt [character_event[1]\option\location\random_province_character\limit\OR\has_plot[1]] (Line 87, Column 7):

At <mod>\events\plot_events.txt [letter_event[34]\option[2]\cancel_plot] (Line 2961, Column 3):
"plot_gain_title" is not a valid Plot.

At <mod>\events\republic_trade_events.txt [character_event[39]\option\cancel_plot] (Line 2245, Column 3):
"plot_seize_trade_post" is not a valid Plot.

At <mod>\events\republic_trade_events.txt [character_event[37]\option[2]\cancel_plot] (Line 2195, Column 3):

At <mod>\events\republic_trade_events.txt [character_event[34]\option[5]\cancel_plot] (Line 2112, Column 3):

At <mod>\events\republic_trade_events.txt [letter_event[3]\option\cancel_plot] (Line 2409, Column 3):

Total Error Count: 68

For some reason none of my armies are moving, does anyone know how to fix this?

Before following Darkgamma's instructions, delete your gfx/flags folder, then patch over.

Two things.

First, I think the cost of creating an empire is far too high. 2.000 piety is a ridiculous amount, the best I have ever managed to stack on a single character was about a 1.000.
Perhaps the religions that can declare sacred wars are able to gather the needed piety, I wouldn't know any other way.

Second: View attachment 80348
Stats get rounded down and since I have never seen another modifier or trait that gives half a stat, the martial bonus is completely useless this way (if I would hover over martial I would see: Platonic Islam +0) and the diplomacy penalty is smaller than desired.

Stats get rounded down and since I have never seen another modifier or trait that gives half a stat, the martial bonus is completely useless this way (if I would hover over martial I would see: Platonic Islam +0) and the diplomacy penalty is smaller than desired.
Can you confirm that two stats that give half a bonus also total to zero bonus? I.e. traits A and B both add +.5, but having both yields a bonus of +0?

Two things.

First, I think the cost of creating an empire is far too high. 2.000 piety is a ridiculous amount, the best I have ever managed to stack on a single character was about a 1.000.
Perhaps the religions that can declare sacred wars are able to gather the needed piety, I wouldn't know any other way.

River Knight, take heed!

This is a mistake in incorporating SELIN modifiers. The Matrix uses whole values for those attributes in the Civilization factor, and since Ascendants use half of whatever the corresponding Civilization values are, the attributes come out halved. I think Numahr's solution was to round up, but it looks like something got through the cracks. (Not to say it was Numahr's doing, there were other people coding for the religions as well.) Riknap, you might want to fix this, too.

Can you confirm that two stats that give half a bonus also total to zero bonus? I.e. traits A and B both add +.5, but having both yields a bonus of +0?

No, I can't confirm that, however I do believe so.
Because if trait A and B both add 0.5 then in when you hover over the stat it would say:
Trait A +0
Trait B +0

But I have never actually seen another stat or modifier that gives 0.5. For as far as I know there are only the religion modifiers that give 0.5 of a stat.
Like so:
13435.jpg

Also, Africa needs an empire. It's so dark there when you select empire view. Possibilities are the empire Africa requiring the kingdom Africa. Or a Carthagian empire: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Carthaginianempire.PNG :)

No, I can't confirm that, however I do believe so.
Because if trait A and B both add 0.5 then in when you hover over the stat it would say:
Trait A +0
Trait B +0

But I have never actually seen another stat or modifier that gives 0.5. For as far as I know there are only the religion modifiers that give 0.5 of a stat.
Like so:
13435.jpg

Also, Africa needs an empire. It's so dark there when you select empire view. Possibilities are the empire Africa requiring the kingdom Africa. Or a Carthagian empire: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Carthaginianempire.PNG :)

There are two empires in Africa, neither are de jure though. One is the Carthaginian Empire, which you need to be Vandal, King of Carthage and Siracusa, Duke of Sardinia and Granada, and own Murcia (Carthago Nova). The other is the Amazigh Empire, which requires you to be Berber, King of Mauretania, Duke of Tripolitania, and own Constantine. I had plans to make a de jure African Empire, but I figured that would lessen the chance of formation of the Amazigh Empire. Not that with an outrageous piety requirement that any AI would make it, let alone a human :laugh:

Edit: Does anyone know what location_ruler_title does in landed_titles.txt? Also, what happens if a landless title that does not own any territory doesn't have a defined capital?

Last edited:
There are two empires in Africa, neither are de jure though. One is the Carthaginian Empire, which you need to be Vandal, King of Carthage and Siracusa, Duke of Sardinia and Granada, and own Murcia (Carthago Nova). The other is the Amazigh Empire, which requires you to be Berber, King of Mauretania, Duke of Tripolitania, and own Constantine. I had plans to make a de jure African Empire, but I figured that would lessen the chance of formation of the Amazigh Empire. Not that with an outrageous piety requirement that any AI would make it, let alone a human :laugh:

Edit: Does anyone know what location_ruler_title does in landed_titles.txt? Also, what happens if a landless title that does not own any territory doesn't have a defined capital?

37740270.jpg

Well, that was rather obvious I guess.
Sweet.

Not that with an outrageous piety requirement that any AI would make it, let alone a human :laugh:
Don't make me cry. I had captured the entire empire of Pontus in my first generation only to then sit there twiddling my thumbs hoping for 2k piety.

Maybe a Ptolemaic Empire for Northeastern Africa. I don't know if it would fit in there, but just throwing a suggestion.
If there are going to/would be De Jure Empires in Africa, then this one does sounds pretty good.
Kyrene and Aegyptus as De Jure kingdoms, seems rather small but who cares :p.
Maybe make Alexandria the capital of the emperor, must be easy to do in a single generation. :laugh:

Last edited:
I actually have a really good game going as Carthage, may be able to form the empire with my first king, or at most his son. On that note, it keeps crashing. The first time I play it on install, it works fine, but every time after that it crashes when i enter the game. Its really, really annoying. On another note, is random trait losses which you have no control over going to be changed later? Its kinda hard to RP when you just arbitrarily lose traits without your consent.

A list of non-de-jure empires (all but the Latin Empire are in use at the moment, I believe):
Code:
e_carthage = {
	color = { 181 181 181 }
	capital = 817 # Tunis

short_name = yes

allow = {
#		OR = {
			culture = vandal
#		}
                has_landed_title = k_carthage
                has_landed_title = k_siracusa
                has_landed_title = d_sardinia
                has_landed_title = c_murcia
                has_landed_title = d_granada
			}
}
e_celtic = {
	color={ 5 222 31 }
	capital = 29 # DumnoniaDevon	
	short_name = yes

allow = {
		OR = {
			culture = norsegael
			culture = irish
			culture = brython
			culture = scottish
			culture = welsh
			culture = breton
			culture = galatian
			culture = romanobrython
			culture = sarmatobrython
			culture = pictish
		}
		has_landed_title = k_ireland
		has_landed_title = k_scotland
		has_landed_title = c_nantes
		has_landed_title = c_gwynedd
		has_landed_title = c_devon
	}
}
e_greatmoravia = {
    color={ 166 115 32 }
    color2={ 255 255 255 }
    capital = 437 # Praha
	short_name = yes

allow = {
		OR = {
			culture = pommeranian
			culture = sorbian
			culture = polabian
			culture = slovakian
			culture = bohemian
			culture = polish
		}
                has_landed_title = k_bohemia
                has_landed_title = c_plauen
                has_landed_title = c_varadzin
                has_landed_title = c_nitra
                has_landed_title = c_galich
			}
}
e_egoth = {
	color = { 102 97 97 }
	capital = 560 # Cherson
	short_name = yes

allow = {
		OR = {
			culture = teutonic
			culture = german
		}
                has_landed_title = k_taurica
                has_landed_title = d_moldau
                has_landed_title = d_wallachia
			}
}
e_berber = {
	color = { 109 130 20 }
	capital = 821 # Constantine
	short_name = yes

allow = {
#		OR = {
			culture = berber
#		}
                has_landed_title = k_mauretania
                has_landed_title = d_tripolitania
                has_landed_title = c_constantine
			}
}
e_jews = {
	color={ 225 250 235 }
	capital = 774 # Jerusalem
	short_name = yes

allow = {
#		OR = {
			culture = jewish
#		}
                has_landed_title = k_judea
                has_landed_title = c_alexandria
                has_landed_title = c_jerusalem
                has_landed_title = c_baghdad
                has_landed_title = c_antiocheia				
			}
}
e_rashidun = {
	color={ 6 100 2 }
	capital = 719 # Mecca
	short_name = yes

allow = {
		OR = {
			culture = kurdish
			culture = bedouin_arabic
			culture = sabaean
			culture = maghreb_arabic
			culture = berber
			culture = levantine_arabic
			culture = nabatean
			culture = egyptian_arabic
			culture = andalusian_arabic
		}
                has_landed_title = k_arabia
                has_landed_title = k_egypt
                has_landed_title = k_saba
                has_landed_title = c_kairwan
                has_landed_title = c_mecca
                has_landed_title = c_medina
			}
}
e_palmyra = {
	color = { 255 120 0 }
	capital = 730 # Palmyra
	short_name = yes

allow = {
		OR = {
			culture = hellenistic
			culture = greek
			culture = nabatean
		}
                has_landed_title = k_palmyra
                has_landed_title = c_ankyra
			}
}
e_archeseleukeia = {
	color={ 206 203 203 }
	capital = 764 # Antioch
	short_name = yes

allow = {
		OR = {
			culture = hellenistic
			culture = greek
		}
			}
}
e_archemakedonia = {
	color = { 23 53 53 }
	capital = 693 # Baghdad
	short_name = yes

allow = {
		OR = {
			culture = hellenistic
			culture = greek
			culture = indohellenic
		}
                has_landed_title = c_balkh
                has_landed_title = c_thessalonike
			}
}
e_hellenic = {
	color = { 8 45 129 }
	capital = 482 # Athens
	short_name = yes

allow = {
		OR = {
			culture = hellenistic
			culture = greek
			culture = indohellenic
		}
                has_landed_title = c_atheniai
                has_landed_title = c_monemvasia
                has_landed_title = c_smyrna
                has_landed_title = c_limisol
                has_landed_title = c_sinope
			}
}
e_huns = {
	color = { 25 48 48 }
	capital = 444 # Esztergom
	short_name = yes
	tribe = yes

allow = {
#		OR = {
			culture = hunnic
#		}
                has_landed_title = k_huns
                has_landed_title = c_sarkel
                has_landed_title = c_esztergom
                has_landed_title = c_praha
                has_landed_title = c_wurttemberg
                has_landed_title = c_chalons
			}
}
e_ptolemaic = {
	color={ 243 209 23 }
	capital = 802 # Alexandria
	short_name = yes

allow = {
		OR = {
			culture = hellenistic
			culture = greek
		}
                has_landed_title = c_cyrenaica
			}
}
e_latin_empire = {
	color = { 150 105 56 }
	capital = 496 # Byzantion
	short_name = yes

allow = {
		OR = {
			religion = catholic
			is_heresy_of = catholic
		}
		e_byzantium = {
			has_holder = no
		}
	}
}

Note: This doesn't count caliphates or invading titles (Mongols, Aztecs, etc.).

Edit: In reference to de jure titles in Africa, in a way it does make sense. "De jure" literally means "by law", as in that land legally belongs to whatever kingdom or empire owns it. Most of Africa is relatively-unreformed in legal terms, and while everything belongs to kingdoms, the concept of an enveloping empire (which, let's face it, would be massive given the size of kingdoms in that part of the map) would be rather sizeable. Not to mention that most (if not all) of the de jure empires were actually very massive empires that occurred in history (or became so through the deevolution of other empires, such as Britannia, Hispania, Gallia, and Francia out of the remnants of the SPQR and HRE). The idea of create-able empires like Shaytana implemented is more fitting for areas like the Sahara, which haven't had any empires that changed history significantly at this point.

Last edited:
I actually have a really good game going as Carthage, may be able to form the empire with my first king, or at most his son. On that note, it keeps crashing. The first time I play it on install, it works fine, but every time after that it crashes when i enter the game. Its really, really annoying. On another note, is random trait losses which you have no control over going to be changed later? Its kinda hard to RP when you just arbitrarily lose traits without your consent.

I think that might be somewhat representative of people's arbitrary nature. As a devout D&D fan, one of the things my DM loves to stress is the randomness of life. Shit tends to happen to you that you have no control over, and it might change you into someone you don't want to be. Maybe you lost your Charitable trait because the old mentor you let stay in your house is suddenly in bed with your wife. Maybe you picked up a phobia of driving because some kid walked into the street and you couldn't stop in time.

Still, it does make for annoying gameplay :laugh: Usually what I do is just roll with the punches. So I lost my Kind trait, now instead of asking everyone to stop their plot, it's just the dungeon for them. Maybe I'll lop some heads off, who knows?

I would still prefer the choice rather than it just being forced upon me. I mean, if there is a little story that you go through and it results in that because of your decisions, sure, not just "I dont feel like giving money any more" and losing charitable

A list of non-de-jure empires (all but the Latin Empire are in use at the moment, I believe):
Code:
e_carthage = {
	color = { 181 181 181 }
	capital = 817 # Tunis

short_name = yes

allow = {
#		OR = {
			culture = vandal
#		}
                has_landed_title = k_carthage
                has_landed_title = k_siracusa
                has_landed_title = d_sardinia
                has_landed_title = c_murcia
                has_landed_title = d_granada
			}
}
e_celtic = {
	color={ 5 222 31 }
	capital = 29 # DumnoniaDevon	
	short_name = yes

allow = {
		OR = {
			culture = norsegael
			culture = irish
			culture = brython
			culture = scottish
			culture = welsh
			culture = breton
			culture = galatian
			culture = romanobrython
			culture = sarmatobrython
			culture = pictish
		}
		has_landed_title = k_ireland
		has_landed_title = k_scotland
		has_landed_title = c_nantes
		has_landed_title = c_gwynedd
		has_landed_title = c_devon
	}
}
e_greatmoravia = {
    color={ 166 115 32 }
    color2={ 255 255 255 }
    capital = 437 # Praha
	short_name = yes

allow = {
		OR = {
			culture = pommeranian
			culture = sorbian
			culture = polabian
			culture = slovakian
			culture = bohemian
			culture = polish
		}
                has_landed_title = k_bohemia
                has_landed_title = c_plauen
                has_landed_title = c_varadzin
                has_landed_title = c_nitra
                has_landed_title = c_galich
			}
}
e_egoth = {
	color = { 102 97 97 }
	capital = 560 # Cherson
	short_name = yes

allow = {
		OR = {
			culture = teutonic
			culture = german
		}
                has_landed_title = k_taurica
                has_landed_title = d_moldau
                has_landed_title = d_wallachia
			}
}
e_berber = {
	color = { 109 130 20 }
	capital = 821 # Constantine
	short_name = yes

allow = {
#		OR = {
			culture = berber
#		}
                has_landed_title = k_mauretania
                has_landed_title = d_tripolitania
                has_landed_title = c_constantine
			}
}
e_jews = {
	color={ 225 250 235 }
	capital = 774 # Jerusalem
	short_name = yes

allow = {
#		OR = {
			culture = jewish
#		}
                has_landed_title = k_judea
			}
}
e_rashidun = {
	color={ 6 100 2 }
	capital = 719 # Mecca
	short_name = yes

allow = {
		OR = {
			culture = kurdish
			culture = bedouin_arabic
			culture = sabaean
			culture = maghreb_arabic
			culture = berber
			culture = levantine_arabic
			culture = nabatean
			culture = egyptian_arabic
			culture = andalusian_arabic
		}
                has_landed_title = k_arabia
                has_landed_title = k_egypt
                has_landed_title = k_saba
                has_landed_title = c_kairwan
                has_landed_title = c_mecca
                has_landed_title = c_medina
			}
}
e_palmyra = {
	color = { 255 120 0 }
	capital = 730 # Palmyra
	short_name = yes

allow = {
		OR = {
			culture = hellenistic
			culture = greek
			culture = nabatean
		}
                has_landed_title = k_palmyra
                has_landed_title = c_ankyra
			}
}
e_archeseleukeia = {
	color={ 206 203 203 }
	capital = 764 # Antioch
	short_name = yes

allow = {
		OR = {
			culture = hellenistic
			culture = greek
		}
			}
}
e_archemakedonia = {
	color = { 23 53 53 }
	capital = 693 # Baghdad
	short_name = yes

allow = {
		OR = {
			culture = hellenistic
			culture = greek
			culture = indohellenic
		}
                has_landed_title = c_balkh
                has_landed_title = c_thessalonike
			}
}
e_hellenic = {
	color = { 8 45 129 }
	capital = 482 # Athens
	short_name = yes

allow = {
		OR = {
			culture = hellenistic
			culture = greek
			culture = indohellenic
		}
                has_landed_title = c_atheniai
                has_landed_title = c_monemvasia
                has_landed_title = c_smyrna
                has_landed_title = c_sinope
			}
}
e_huns = {
	color = { 25 48 48 }
	capital = 444 # Esztergom
	short_name = yes
	tribe = yes

allow = {
#		OR = {
			culture = hunnic
#		}
                has_landed_title = k_huns
                has_landed_title = c_sarkel
                has_landed_title = c_esztergom
                has_landed_title = c_praha
                has_landed_title = c_wurttemberg
                has_landed_title = c_chalons
			}
}
e_ptolemaic = {
	color={ 243 209 23 }
	capital = 802 # Alexandria
	short_name = yes

allow = {
		OR = {
			culture = hellenistic
			culture = greek
		}
                has_landed_title = c_cyrenaica
			}
}
e_latin_empire = {
	color = { 150 105 56 }
	capital = 496 # Byzantion
	short_name = yes

allow = {
		OR = {
			religion = catholic
			is_heresy_of = catholic
		}
		e_byzantium = {
			has_holder = no
		}
	}
}

Note: This doesn't count caliphates or invading titles (Mongols, Aztecs, etc.).

Aaah... I knew that a non-de jure Ptolemaic title did in fact exist, but since I'm not at home I couldn't check for sure. There should be some kind of manual for this, besides the first post.

Aaah... I knew that a Ptolemaic title did in fact exist, but since I'm not at home I couldn't check for sure. There should be some kind of manual for this, besides the first post.

I agree, but then we would have to just keep referencing that like the do the other numerous posts :laugh: It takes a lot of dedication to stay on top of the ins and outs of this mod.

River Knight, take heed!

This is a mistake in incorporating SELIN modifiers. The Matrix uses whole values for those attributes in the Civilization factor, and since Ascendants use half of whatever the corresponding Civilization values are, the attributes come out halved. I think Numahr's solution was to round up, but it looks like something got through the cracks. (Not to say it was Numahr's doing, there were other people coding for the religions as well.) Riknap, you might want to fix this, too.

Futuregary has it right. By rule the modifier has to be rounded up. This was a common mistake of those helping me, normally I was debugging them, but I may hae missed some...