Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah I see all (most?) alien flags are taken from earthen equivalents.

I doubt this earth like planet is their home as there was only 1 ship. If it was their home we should have seen more.
This one ship being detected only when it was so close to our own that our crew could've spotted it by looking through their window.

Last time I checked, they're still part of Beck's map. ;)
I hadn't seen it before, but it's hysterical. Comedy gold - only a clueless moron would make such a list and leave out other countries that would be far likelier candidates.

... WE control that star system! Unless this is a "limited intel" situation, that can't be their home system.
Sending a survey ship will be a good way of checking. If relations drop, it means that this information is junk ;)
Then, if they consider themselves a "corporation", it would tend to mean they're neutral by default and willing to trade, not to shoot the heck out of anyone else.

Now, I don't think these corporate aliens would manage to go to Procyon VII and dig up the percursor stuff before us, would they?

For ships... we have a few Geological scout-ships, two Colony Transports, a Tanker or two, a few Freighters, and over a dozen Fighters.

The scout ships will probably be more useful in the near future since Charlie is friendly. I'll put in for a transfer to active military service if we ever run into something more belligerent.

Damn those lone Martian nights and different time zone in Earth capital and Cydonia. One takes a little nap and when he wakes up, he has alliens by his door... Great job making them friendly. I always say people, that corporations can be trusted. Three chears for our glorious trade neighbours!

Hip hip...
*SILENCE*
Ah, screw you, stupid red rocks...

After eighteen months of dangerous and painstaking work on Procyon VII, our Xeno-archeology team of Julius Strange, Coinneach, Avernite, Seli and Trajan have finally made a breakthrough!

They have managed to enter the underground section of the ruined Alien base, and the records that they obtained and translated give them the locations of NINE sites on this planet where our Engineers can dig up artifacts of the extinct Alien race. We will need to wait until we have built at least one Troop Transport ship (currently being researched) before we can exploit this wealth of Alien data. The records also indicate that the original owners of this planet had called it Dravar XV... and from now on, the planet will be referred to under that name.

Well done to the Xeno team! Julius Strange, Coinneach, Avernite, Seli and Trajan have been awarded the Xeno-archeology Badge.

Yeah team!

oh, real life aliens as well?
we will have to wait if those will yield some interesting ruined bases later

*keeps digging*

Julius Strange reporting in.

The ruins give up there secrets. After 2 months of struggling to get past the blast doors, we enter the depths. Into total darkness. Then Avernite pressed the light switch (I have begun a paper on how technology evolves along similar lines), and it glowed. Glowed a deep red. A warning red: the warning lights of a base under attack? That we never discerned. We did find other info though. We need some serious equipment though to analyse it. And that is years away... Years of waiting to discover the treasure of this burnt out place. And now I hear there are living aliens. Perhaps my faithful companions can be sent on a new mission. T scout out new worlds. To boldly go, where no man has gone before

Strange out.

Very interesting!

Since my successes as a Geo-Surveyor have been less than stellar (pun intended), could I apply for a transfer to one of those to-be completed destroyers?

And regarding the Charlie, I propose colonizing the Groomsbridge system and turning it into a galactic Maginot line.

Very interesting!

Since my successes as a Geo-Surveyor have been less than stellar (pun intended), could I apply for a transfer to one of those to-be completed destroyers?

And regarding the Charlie, I propose colonizing the Groomsbridge system and turning it into a galactic Maginot line.

And where would be the ardennes?

Hm, so we are France and Charlie is ze Germanz? Guess I`ll switch sides.

Hmm, if we discover Charlie's homeworld then we'll be in a bit of a pickle should their oceans have any particularly good surfing spots. In such a situation how could we not go to war to secure that most precious resource.
After all:
[video=youtube;aLEjr4eg8rA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLEjr4eg8rA[/video]

I suggest caution for now. We don't wanna annoy the aliens until we have enough ships of our own.

Yep.

We still don't even have any of our proposed carrier designs built yet.

Hm, so we are France and Charlie is ze Germanz? Guess I`ll switch sides.
I think the Charlies Coroprate Goons could play the early 20th century US. Willing to trade like good businessmen, but remaining aloof and neutral until fighting begins and there's some as-yet-unknown alien behemoth to fight.

I think the Charlies Coroprate Goons could play the early 20th century US. Willing to trade like good businessmen, but remaining aloof and neutral until fighting begins and there's some as-yet-unknown alien behemoth to fight.

Communist aliens?! :eek:

Communist aliens?! :eek:

They are closer than you might think. :D

fidel_castro_32.jpg