• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations @Darknotez !

I've poked my head in over at your AAR, and I'm quite intrigued. lol It's more how I imagine things will go if Earth tried to unify for stellar travel! :D

Rensslaer

• 3Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Oh my God, thank you so much @Nikolai, I am humbled by your choice :D
I hope you will enjoy reading future chapters as well!!!

Thank you to the others' for their kind words ^-^!!

Best wishes,
Darknote

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Congratulations, @Darknotez. I took a quick look at your Nations of Steel AAR. Looks interesting. It's going on my to read list.

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Congratulations @Darknotez! Your AAR is now on my reading list.

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Thank you all!! Just finished another chapter. I feel a bit overwhelmed with this appreciation :D

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Congrats to @Darknotez . This post guided me to check it out. Now, back-reading to catch up with the story. How could I not like a style that incorporates graphic novel elements, much like one I favor?

Thank you for the kind words! I have to say, I wasn't even aware of your AAR until @Macavity116 told me about it :D

It's masterfully accomplished there. And the AI generated art is very appropriate for the time as well! Bravo!

• 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you for the kind words! I have to say, I wasn't even aware of your AAR until @Macavity116 told me about it :D

It's masterfully accomplished there. And the AI generated art is very appropriate for the time as well! Bravo!
Well, these things happen. Sometimes the Forum is so segmented it is difficult to find new AARs, which is one of the purposes of this feature.

Thanks for the compliments. However, this style is something that evolved for me. I wonder what inspired you to try this in your AAR?

Perhaps together we are the pioneers of a new AAR style: graphic novel style?

• 5Like
Reactions:
Well, these things happen. Sometimes the Forum is so segmented it is difficult to find new AARs, which is one of the purposes of this feature.

Thanks for the compliments. However, this style is something that evolved for me. I wonder what inspired you to try this in your AAR?

Perhaps together we are the pioneers of a new AAR style: graphic novel style?

I'll tell you what inspired me, friend! Two things. It was efficiency. Why tire the eyes and mind in search for starting row or context; when it's there. Easy for the reader to imagine each and every situation, especially when it's segmented. It is not about style, and definitely not about exposition.

Though, you must've noticed, it isn't perfect. Unlike normal novels, graphic novels and to some extent, our approach to it, lack a very important part, and that is, the delay. The tease to the reveal. You may notice even when we talk about any situation respective to the techniques of AAR's, our posts have in themselves, an integrated delay to the answer. It's intentional in mine, sure, but it isn't for most of them.

An AAR with a lot of text detailing each and every character has a massive gravity pull for the reader, unlike our AAR's. But they (the readers) need to really be in the mood to read them (Just like needing to be in the mood to read novels). Ours don't have the same pull sure, but second of all, it's easy! (OCDeasy xD)

And I'll tell you another thing, it is my honor to share the idea of being a pioneer, with someone of your caliber!

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Thank you for the explanation @Darknotez . I think our inspiration comes from similar places! I too thought perhaps folks on the Forum would like something better with more visuals. You are right about pacing, tension, and as you say "integrated delay to answer." Thank you so much for telling us all not just about your inspiration but also why you are demonstrating so much creativity in your work.

(I don't know about others but I think an awAARds thread about writAARs should at least give them an opportunity to discuss writing, and maybe engage others too on that topic.)

And I'll tell you another thing, it is my honor to share the idea of being a pioneer, with someone of your caliber!
The feeling is mutual @Darknotez . Perhaps we will see others adapt this style in the future. Looking forward to more from you. Still catching up with your AAR.

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
A delayed congratulation to @Nikolai and a just about on time congratulations to @Darknotez

Also;
Thank you for the kind words! I have to say, I wasn't even aware of your AAR until @Macavity116 told me about it
Incredibly on-brand for a Stellaris writer. 10/10, no notes.

• 5Haha
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Thank you @El Pip !

I think its nigh time I award this honor to an old AAR writer that brought me nostalgia from my old Kaiserreich playing days of HoI2-DH, as well as his extensive use of prologue material to carry the story forward. Maybe also inspiring me to use some of his social media analogy on my own story!

All in all, his story incorporates historical characterization of people in an excellent way and his writing sparked my interest further.

After reading his Die Wacht Im Raum - A Kaiserreich Stellaris AAR, I wish to nominate @Side the WritAAR of the Week award! Congratulations! It's well deserved! I truly hope Humanity and Germany will triumph over her enemies! (Still half-way through reading, pesky work got in the way).

• 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Congratulatioms @Side !

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congratulations @Side !

I've pulled up your AAR for a look - at first glance it looks quite interesting. And the Kaiserreich setup sounds intriguing.

Rensslaer

• 4Like
Reactions: