• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Archael90

Field Marshal
18 Badges
Nov 30, 2017
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Majesty 2
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
I got special project in my neighbour empire, when i did it, the site spawned. My neighbour finished site... and nothing happened... I tought that other project will shows up untill precursor chain is finished...
What i have missed?

I've had precursor archaeology sites spawn on the other side of a marauder empire, and then the AI empire on that other side went and did it long before I could punch through. I really dislike the archaeology-chain precursors; even if they're not blocked off by a FE or something and rendered uncompletable, they still tempt me towards expanding in ways / directions that might be overextensions / indefensible, and then unlike the anomaly precursors, there's no "spend minor artifacts to get progress later" mechanic to catch up if you got unlucky in the earlygame. Whenever I get Zroni or Baol, I basically accept that there's a 30+% chance that I'm just not gonna get to finish it.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
I thought that those precursors advance if AI finish sites, ending with precursor system spawning connected to my empire.

I've had precursor archaeology sites spawn on the other side of a marauder empire, and then the AI empire on that other side went and did it long before I could punch through. I really dislike the archaeology-chain precursors; even if they're not blocked off by a FE or something and rendered uncompletable, they still tempt me towards expanding in ways / directions that might be overextensions / indefensible, and then unlike the anomaly precursors, there's no "spend minor artifacts to get progress later" mechanic to catch up if you got unlucky in the earlygame. Whenever I get Zroni or Baol, I basically accept that there's a 30+% chance that I'm just not gonna get to finish it.

There should be an exception to the spawning: System not Occupied, must be X jumps away from the current area (And make a new one if no available systems), and a check so the AI can't research them.

I get that it's probably working as intended though, for the most part - like the end chains that spawn the precursor systems do tell you to get there ASAP but it still feels a little unfair the way the Archeology ones work.

The screwy placement of precursor dig sites is one of the reasons I don't play ironman. One time I had to reload a save four times to get the game to stop spawning the rubricator system somewhere I couldn't even see. It doesn't help that there are still events in the game where clicking the locate icon takes you (un)helpfully to the center of the galaxy. In the aforementioned case, each time the system spawned where I could not see it, clicking the locate button took me outside the galaxy. Real useful, that.

• 2Like
Reactions:
The screwy placement of precursor dig sites is one of the reasons I don't play ironman. One time I had to reload a save four times to get the game to stop spawning the rubricator system somewhere I couldn't even see. It doesn't help that there are still events in the game where clicking the locate icon takes you (un)helpfully to the center of the galaxy. In the aforementioned case, each time the system spawned where I could not see it, clicking the locate button took me outside the galaxy. Real useful, that.
YOu can ask situation log to mark the system, and it will despite of where it is.