What do YOU want from factions?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
oh yes that would be great if the factiosn could create a civil war or break and leave and form their "perfect empire" somewhere. Or if you repress too many ppl they could be like RL puritans and say screw the motherland and found their perfect empire/colony somewhere else.

Reactions:
What I want from factions and in general Internal Politics is something which gives you a real challenge. I would want to see happiness being way more impactful, as of now is ridicously simple to raise it up to max values even if you are a slaver/genocidal empire (100% happiness should only be possible for utopian pacifist empires with a heavy focus on civilian economy, for example).

There's also the problem which makes always 80/90% of your pops attracted to governing ethics factions (which are obviously super-happy) but this doesn't feel right, expecially for democracies.
The idea that more happiness=more governing ethics attraction is just... Stupid, alongside many other modifiers of this kind. Having pops in your preferred factions should be a really difficult challenge, not just an automatic passive thing you get because yay.

In general, I want a far more dynamic and challenging political gameplay, with factions which change their demands based on how the empire and the galaxy evolve themselves because, for now they're just a +10% happiness (on top of all other overabundant boni of the same type) for like the vast majority of your pops.

I would love to see more factions, for all ethic combinations.

Factions...?
A switch to turn them off at game start would be fine.

IMHO factions are one of those things where it shows that at several development steps Stellaris wasn't able to decide wether it wanted to be a grand strat game or a kind of Tamagotchi-game where the player has to micromanage each single pop.
Factions sounded fun when thinking about it, boring and/or annoying after implementation.