• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh yeah, I should vote before I potentially forget to. Sadly the game started at an inconvenient time for me, this will be a busy weekend but in any case.

I propose we all write our theories on who we most suspect of being a necromancer

Arkasas - 8/10 suspicion - A historian, historians are well known for being interested in what is long dead and trying to restore it
Captain Grimlock - 9/10 suspicion - Vlad, it sounds like a vampire, but we have it on good authority that Vlad is NOT a vampire, so perhaps Vlad is a necromancer
EnvyDemon - 10/10 suspicion - Oh my, a person who revives a 10-year old thread, the very definition of a necromancer!
Beartjah - 8/10 suspicion - As we know, a Beartjah is a meh-bear, but real bears are very awesome and not meh, so what could make a meh bear? Well, perhaps being a necromancer
aedan - 9/10 suspicion - He has the dubious honor of never missing a single werewolf game. As werewolf is a dead game, we know that only a necromancer could enjoy it so
Culann - 8/10 suspicion -
Wagonlitz - 9/10 suspicion - He is known for dying early, yet he always comes back. How is he here if he has a reputation for dying early? Well, he must / might be a necromancer
EUROO7 - 8/10 suspicion -
PanzerCorps - 0/10 suspicion - Clearly not a necromancer
Claude LC - 9/10 suspicion - Has frequently been called a zombie, but I think that is a common misconception. The zombie is Claude LC's *monster*, the real Claude LC simply calls the zombie back to life
R.Graymarch - 7/10 suspicion - What does the R stand for?? Likely Revenant, if I had to guess
Yakman - 9/10 suspicion - We all know that only the second most common type of undead - after the werewolf - is the wereyak (followed by the werepenguin in distant third), meaning a yak-man is a very likely wolf-man as well.
Stellar analysis

Last edited:
Votecount, 12 hours, 21 minutes to deadline:

Aedan777 - 1: CaptainGrimlock [54]

Wagonlitz - 1: beartjah [59]

Not-voted - 7: aedan777, Wagonlitz, PanzerCorps, Claude LC, Culann, R.Graymarch, Arkasas2.0

To win we need to find wolves. For a better way than aimlessly guessing, we need voting information and activity to work off of. People who do not vote or post give us nothing to work with. They could be wolves and valid targets, or they could be villagers. The longer they live the time and votes might be spent against them, which can be a real problem if they're villagers. Removing non-active players day 1, even if they are villagers, can help the village.
I agree with this. I found Grimlock's analysis pretty bad. I'm not going to vote them for it though, I've made the mistake in the past of voting people who make points I dislike - but this ends up focusing on villagers that I simply disagree with, discouraging people from talking, and allowing werewolves to just sneak by, saying little.

So let's put some pressure on someone who hasn't yet voted or been voted today instead

Vote Culann

I want to see what happens

• 3Haha
Reactions:
I liked Beartjah's post, seemingly honest attempt at analysis which makes me more rather than less suspicious of them since I don't trust anyone in werewolf. Normally, I would just vote off at this point and see what happens but as Beartjah correctly asserts we probably don't have the time to dilly-dally and creating a monstrous one vote tie in a game with little to no activity doesn't bode well for the village or for me, since I would be involved in said tie. Which means I have no other choice but to make some waves.

Out of the two other candidates available, I'm not sure who is the better choice if either of them is worth putting in the lead. While Beartjah's point does make sense that a wolf would rather slink in the shadows, Aedan is the bold sort who would do the exact opposite, though I see little reason logically why he'd do so. There isn't much activity, and he gains nothing putting himself in the line of fire other than to confuse the few of us who are paying attention. I admit it isn't much of a theory. Leaving Wagon who hasn't said or done much of anything - though that can be said about almost everyone.

I suppose for now I'll vote for Wagon.

Vote Wagon

I wanted to vote Panzercorps as he might try to fool me yesterday by being sympathetic but I agree it's better to vote for people who did not vote yesterday. EURO is subbed, so
vote Wagonlitz

The trouble with games this small and quiet is that the village routinely sleepwalks into defeat.

Anyway, I'm sympathetic to the position that yesterday's nonvoters should DIE, but I'm skeptical that wolves would ignore their PMs that much. (Also, I am one of yesterday's nonvoters, and I would rather like to avoid dying. Bad for the complexion.) Killing a non-wolf-finding aedan is always a good strategy, but he's only had a day; give his nose another shot. This leaves A) Culann or B) coming up with some other target, and B) requires entirely more effort than I am willing/able to invest, therefore...

vote Culann

I think Wagon's a fine candidate since we have nothing on him still, not voting day 1 or so far day 2. But he's leading and I don't want to bandwagon. Culann also hasn't voted today, though he at least voted yesterday. Speaking of bandwagoning, Graymarch put Wagon up to three votes when no one else had more than one vote. Also on day 1 he put another first vote on a candidate when everyone was tied at one. These are two very different actions, but both are suspicious. In one case he just follows along with the already leading case, limiting information gain and minimizing his own contribution to finding wolves. In the other he expands an already large tie, diluting what information could be gained since the situation had moved to a point where consolidation made more sense than continuing to one vote candidates.

So I think Gramarch could also be a good candidate today.

Vote R.Graymarch

Votecount, 32 minutes to deadline:

Wagonlitz - 3: beartjah [59], Culann [66], R.Graymarch [68]

Culann - 2: PanzerCorps [64], Arkansas 2.0 [69]

Aedan777 - 1: CaptainGrimlock [54]

R.Graymarch - 1: Aedan777 [70]

Not-voted - 2: @Wagonlitz, @Claude LC

Since we can’t afford another tie (and that my vote was mostly just a lack of better ideas)

Unvote Aedan
Vote Wagonlitz

Deadline + 10

Votecount, deadline:

Wagonlitz - 4: beartjah [59], Culann [66], R.Graymarch [68], CaptainGrimlock [aedan777 54 -> 72]

Culann - 2: PanzerCorps [64], Arkansas 2.0 [69]

R.Graymarch - 1: Aedan777 [70]

Not-voted - 2: Wagonlitz, Claude LC

Gonna need an hour before the update, today. Sorry

Day 2
Wagonlitz the Necromancer (Wolf) was lynched.

Night 2
CaptainGrimlock the Villager was hunted.

This deadline really wasn't working for me. Just plain out didn't really look much at the fora today at all, and not for the past 3 hours at all, so never saw any of the pings sadly.

CaptainGrimlock is subbing for Claude LC.

WHO DARES DISTURB MY SLUMBER!

Good that we got a wolf, though since Wagon never voted the information we gained is somewhat limited. He wasn't voted day 1, so nothing there. Day 2 he was voted by Beartjah, Culann, Graymarch, and Grimlock 1.0. That version of Grimlock died, so we know he was good, and means nothing for present Grimlock subbing in for Claude. Beartjah started the case on Wagon, so some solid goodie points for him. Culann broke an existing tie to put Wagon ahead, a second vote can be pretty dangerous in a low activity game. I'm thus disinclined to try to lynch either Beartjah or Culann. Graymarch's vote put Wagon at three to nearest candidates at one. Made it very likely Wagon would hang, but also something of a run-away. Could be a sell out, but it might not be. I voted him yesterday either way, so won't repeat that.

This leaves Panzer, Arkasas 2.0, and Grimlock 2.0 as surviving players who didn't vote Wagonlitz. Day 1 none of them voted for each other (Arkasas is subbing for Euro who didn't vote day 1). Day 2 Panzer and Arkasas voted Culann, who was basically the counter candidate to Wagonlitz. Makes me even less inclined to vote Culann. I think most likely both of the remaining two wolves are in this trio- Panzer, Arkasas, and Grimlock.

Not too much to distinguish them, but perhaps I'm leaning Arkasas. His vote on Culann yesterday was based on nothing more than Culann already had a vote, since Panzer had only voted Culann because Culann hadn't voted yet, but Culann voted between Panzer and Arkasas (I erred when I also said Culann hadn't voted yesterday in my post then, mixed him up with Claude in the votecount).

It's really not much, but slightly more than against Panzer and Grimlock, and I don't think anyone else should be lynched.

Vote Arkasas 2.0