• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The checksum change after resigning is both normal and WAD, it's to prevent cheating in MP games.
Sorry about that, I take my word back about the WAD. But surely, this mechanism appear more a bug, than a feature.

Question: Why the checksum changes after resigning from a single player game?
Answer: Because I can cheat myself.:p

if it is to prevent mp cheating, then why does it make certain mouseover function cease to work properly, and has to reinstall miscrosoft c++ 2005 (need I remind you a completely separate piece of software that has nothing to do with Paradox), in order to have the correct checksum again?

to me sounds like a lame excuse honestly, and its annoying knowing that if I ever resign (or want to, to see the comparison screen) then I will have to go through 5 minutes of verifying and downloading every single time.

Or even being able to go the main menu after playing a session and load up a save game or whatever... is that too much to ask?

if it is to prevent mp cheating, then why does it make certain mouseover function cease to work properly, and has to reinstall miscrosoft c++ 2005 (need I remind you a completely separate piece of software that has nothing to do with Paradox), in order to have the correct checksum again?

to me sounds like a lame excuse honestly, and its annoying knowing that if I ever resign (or want to, to see the comparison screen) then I will have to go through 5 minutes of verifying and downloading every single time.

Or even being able to go the main menu after playing a session and load up a save game or whatever... is that too much to ask?

You normally can do anything except enter an mp game after resigning/reloading.

You normally can do anything except enter an mp game after resigning/reloading.

well maybe the steam version is messed up or something. When I resign/load/play another game and just for example go to the budget screen and mouse over artisans, it will not show me anything, that particular mouseover function (and I'm sure others) ceases to function properly after resigning. And as previously mentioned it installs the c++ redistributable when I fix it, indicating that the v2 program is actually changing something in there.

I notice a lack of events playing as japan i was added to the USA influce and i was not told till il check also there a lack of military missons events too :S

This isn't a problem with events but your message settings, you should simply add those to the ones that get displayed, if you want to be bothered.

This isn't a problem with events but your message settings, you should simply add those to the ones that get displayed, if you want to be bothered.

The default message settings are really weird...I haven't been informed when other countries discredit/reduce opinion of/ban me in some other country...

nationalistmovements events should be less spammy in large nations

i this why i have no nationalist events after conquering korean cuz the korean just took it like nothing happen i rember a while geting event like a soldier hitting a korean kid ect

Is the correct checksum OXEX and if so send me a message if you want to play a game.

Added Poland-Lithuania, United Baltic Provinces, Belarus and Arabia and Gran Colombia

Niiiiiice! Especially the United Baltic Provinces, which was always an idea that was considered. Will definitely try a game with UBP as a goal in a few months.