• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Register your base game and check out the tech support forum.

Since I cannot start threads in this forum section for some reason, I have a question-

I just bought Victoria 2 Gold Edition 2 with Vicky 2 + the House Divided expansion. I see no option to install the House Divided, it doesn't seem to automatically install, it is not even in the setup menu. I can install and run/play the basic game, but it only has 1836 as a starting option, not 1861. What is going on?

Also, I just registered the game to my account, so I do have the game.

Good to see that I'm not alone with that problem. I've bought the expansion 3 times (Steam, Gamersgate and the Gold CD) and still can't get it to work.

===

After a dozen tries it finally works! The only thing I changed was that I let Paradox put it where it wanted to put it on MY computer.

Last edited:
I want to play with a friend but he bought a house divided and I didn't. This I suppose gave him the Version 2.31 patch, but I am still on 1.3. Does this mean I need to buy the DLC so I can play with my friend??

Manually update it, I get "Could not find A House Divided installed". Help?

Sorry for necromancing this, but I'm facing the same problem too.

Can someone help?

You complete b'tard!, I thought this was a new Vic 2 patch out. What a bloody come down. You utter ... complete ...:huh: :eek:hmy: :angry:

Sorry for necromancing this, but I'm facing the same problem too.

Can someone help?

It's probably just an issue of the installer not finding the right registry entries. It usually happens when you mix DLCs or the base game from different vendors; they're usually compatible (some people will tell you they're not) but you may need to do registry editing.