• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes,why remove US cores on Oregon?

G6E3o71.jpg

Manifest Destiny doesn't include it?!?

They removed adding USA cores to those areas with Manifest Destiny, because the cores were there from the start. If they removed the cores in Oregon from the start, but didn't re-add the cores to the Manifest Destiny decision, that would mean that the USA never gets cores on Oregon. No idea if that's the case, however-- I've yet to look at the files.

i have installed 3.02 on a fresh victoria 2 installation, but still it crashes back to desktop. anyone else have the same problem?

ok, false alarm, I figured it out.

Last edited:
There might maybe be some wierdness if you didnt have the beta version. The beta version is savegame compatible.

Something just happened that I wonder if might be one of those "wierd things" you mentioned, or if perhaps it is just normal?

I went to war with Spain as Brazil (wanted to take Cuba from them), and then a bunch of other countries that were allied with it went to war with me (UK, Russia, and more). They invaded me and I am getting CRUSHED. However, when I try to use for peace I don't appear to have any option to give them anything in return for peace. My only options are far as I can tell are:

1. Demand Cuba (because it was my original war goal).
2. White peace.

And that's it.

I don't seem to be able to offer them something in return for peace.

Do they have to add a war goal them self's in order for me to give something up to them?

They removed adding USA cores to those areas with Manifest Destiny, because the cores were there from the start. If they removed the cores in Oregon from the start, but didn't re-add the cores to the Manifest Destiny decision, that would mean that the USA never gets cores on Oregon. No idea if that's the case, however-- I've yet to look at the files.
It looks like the decision doesn't include Oregon.

FCKR is quite a checksum...

btw did this patch fix the weird issues with slavery and the civil war that popped up during beta patch, and i wonder if it does will it retroactively help us fix a USA that hasn't had the civil war yet in 1890.

Something just happened that I wonder if might be one of those "wierd things" you mentioned, or if perhaps it is just normal?

I went to war with Spain as Brazil (wanted to take Cuba from them), and then a bunch of other countries that were allied with it went to war with me (UK, Russia, and more). They invaded me and I am getting CRUSHED. However, when I try to use for peace I don't appear to have any option to give them anything in return for peace. My only options are far as I can tell are:

1. Demand Cuba (because it was my original war goal).
2. White peace.

And that's it.

I don't seem to be able to offer them something in return for peace.

Do they have to add a war goal them self's in order for me to give something up to them?

Yep; they have to set up a wargoal on you... So just wait.

I love you Paradox! :wub:

I wonder if might be one of those "wierd things" you mentioned, or if perhaps it is just normal?

That's normal. The AI usually won't accept a white peace if it's winning which can lead to situations like yours where you want out of the war, but have no option to surrender. The AI should add some kind of war goal, probably humiliate or cut down to size, when the one of the defending countries manages to get their jingoism up. Right now they are punishing you for your unprovoked imperialist act of aggression. There really isn't much you can do about it. The lesson is to be very careful which little guys you pick on. Some of them have big friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.