• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

As for Oregon it was done to give some more freedom to a player playing mexico. I guess it can be debated that it should have been part of manifest destiny. Mexicos chances of grabbing Oregon is only something like 20% though.

That's still a 20% chance of having Oregon be a weird green island drowning in a sea of blue...

So I can't update via steam, even when I restart steam. It still says no new patches available. I've tried deleting and installing to no avail. I also had a separate Folder for the Beta patch, and when I run it, it will at least say that 3.02 is out, but when I download it It says HOD cannot be found. Any ideas?

So I can't update via steam, even when I restart steam. It still says no new patches available. I've tried deleting and installing to no avail. I also had a separate Folder for the Beta patch, and when I run it, it will at least say that 3.02 is out, but when I download it It says HOD cannot be found. Any ideas?

Steam auto updates, you dont have to download the patch. If you uninstalled and reisntalled you always get the latest version. Did you actually start the game and see if it said 3.02? There is jsut no way steam could download 3.01 anymore

There is an 80% chance of Germany still being small petty states by 1890's without player intervention, so...

Not in my experience. Germany forms in the majority of my games.

Mexico got Oregon in my game, and I edited the Manifest Destiny event before the USA picked up Romanticism. Worked beautifully, the USA later grabbed Oregon in a war. I assume this will be the obvious fix.

Last edited:
Historically, Oregon Territory was one of the major points of intra-North American migration from the East coast as a direct result of Manifest Destiny (and became a state in 1859 as a consequence) - it's called the Oregon Trail for a reason. Not including it in the decision is ahistorical to the extreme. I'm not really sure why there's a debate over this?

Definately agree.

What's the piece of code I need to add to the decision? Never got around to modding Vic 2 much, is it just USA_whatever Portland's province number is?

In the decisions folder, there's a file marked ACW.txt. Took me a minute to find it as it's sort of an odd way to organize files by previous Paradox standard (though I suppose HOI3's localization folder is the worst). It has all the American decisions, not just Civil War. Under the Manifest Destiny decision, put this:

USA_81 = {
add_core = USA
}

It gives them a core on Oregon and worked great in my game. I get checksum AAWM with only that change.

In the decisions folder, there's a file marked ACW.txt. Took me a minute to find it as it's sort of an odd way to organize files by previous Paradox standard (though I suppose HOI3's localization folder is the worst). It has all the American decisions, not just Civil War. Under the Manifest Destiny decision, put this:

USA_81 = {
add_core = USA
}

It gives them a core on Oregon and worked great in my game. I get checksum AAWM with only that change.

Thanks! So the states do go with just the folder tag and the capital province's number.

POPs now have a massive -100% penalty to promote to bureaucrats when the percentage of bureaucrats in the state exceeds 2%. Since you also fixed the bug that made national focuses ignore all other factors, this makes it impossible to have more than 2% bureaucrats in each state, which is necessary for having 100% admin efficiency if you've passed more than a few social reforms. Is this intentional?

Steam auto updates, you dont have to download the patch. If you uninstalled and reisntalled you always get the latest version. Did you actually start the game and see if it said 3.02? There is jsut no way steam could download 3.01 anymore

I uninstalled and reinstalled several times. The launcher said 3.01 everytime. Just to see the checksum I opened the game and voila, 3.02. Now the launcher is correct as well.

Going back to the Dominion thing. In all of my games so far, the UK has released British Columbia instead of the whole Canada. Despite being from B.C. myself, I'm not a fan of this. Perhaps I'll just erase Columbia as a nation as it's not very plausible, especially after the Oregon Treaty.

Status
Not open for further replies.