• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they intended to remove the cores on Washington, to give the British a chance at competing there, but got it mixed up with Oregon?

Actually i am quite sure it is the opposite. The whole reason for introducing the cores was to discourage British from claiming parts of the US. I guess they removed the Oregon core because it wasn't necessary, Washington blocks Britain from colonizing Oregon.

I got to admit, forgetting to add the cores to Manifest Destiny is a bit of a brainfart, it is the sort of thing that should be in order on an official patch.

patch comes out just in time for me to not care while i play CKII... and lol at the oregon not being ever a USA core...

Has this stopped, say, conquering Brunei to find it has 40% bureaucrats?

it should do.

As for Oregon it was done to give some more freedom to a player playing mexico. I guess it can be debated that it should have been part of manifest destiny. Mexicos chances of grabbing Oregon is only something like 20% though.

Has the Mexican Conquest War as USA been fixed? A lot of times adding all the cores for USA adds up the warscore to be > 100, therefore requiring 2 wars to be fought. Or is this WAD?

if I remember correctly it was stuff to stop some pop types exploding past any sane limits.

Does this mean I can go back to funding my bureaucracy at 100% for the administration efficiency and crime fighting bonuses without then drowning in millions of bureaucrats? I've only been partially funding my bureaucracy ever since I had one game where I ended up with 40% of my overall population as 'crats.

it should do.

As for Oregon it was done to give some more freedom to a player playing mexico. I guess it can be debated that it should have been part of manifest destiny. Mexicos chances of grabbing Oregon is only something like 20% though.

It seems kinda ahistorical though...Is it possible for Mexico to have a chance even if the US has cores, or what changes there?

I often experience CTDs, do you?

Naval invasion AI still seems broken. As Japan, I'm fighting a war against Netherlands, Spain, and the UK. I have occupied the islands I'm interested in and waiting for the ticking warscore, but none of them have been able to land troops. They TRY to ship troops, but once the ships get close to Japan, they seem to get scared and hightail it back to Europe to get more troops. This is repeated ad nausem without them ever actually confronting me.

it should do.

Debated? Come on, I think its reasonable for a US player to have a relatively straightforward way to core the historical borders of the US...

Did anyone else using the beta patch experience a severe rubber shortage in the late game as well?

My game is at 1917 right now and my factories need almost 200 units whereas my domestic production is about 85. It's so bad that my two plane and tank factories aren't producing anything because all the available product is sucked up by huge electric gear factories, which the capis kept on expanding.

I really wish the game had synthetic rubber factories.

Sad Oregonians, we always get confused with our big brother above us...

Someday Paul Allen will merge the two and then we'll all be better off.

It definitely makes getting Oregon more important through colonization. As far as not having cores, as long as you don't have to take the infamy for it from mexico or UK it's not that big of a deal, I am sure an event would pop up giving USA a core on Oregon by the time the state becomes viable.

I've tried using the check for updates button on my non-steam/bought from amazon.com version of the game and keep being told 'there are no patches available'. Anything I should do? Or just keep trying and it'll work sometime?

I had to go to my list of steam library, right click victoria in my list of games, open up otions or it's equivalent (not looking at it now), and verify my file integrity, it will take a while but when it gets done it should say you have around 9k missing or incomplete files, and it will patch it up for you. Make sure you clear all your map cache files too though, HoD 3.01 and 3.02 may be writing to two separate places so be sure to check 'my documents-paradox interactive-victoria 2-map-cache directory, as well as the cache folder inside your retail or steam copy (don't delete your map folder or you will have problems). The checksum may be correct without doing the map cache but if you ever try playing with others it will give you desync issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.