• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Since its opening in I'm thinking 2004 or 5 The Inkwell has been a tool to advertise and to find interesting AARs to read. Thank you so much for your stewardship @Lord Durham!

I have updated my page with my latest (pretty sure) but I need to reorganize my page and replace the "cover" image so it doesn't have an imageshack overlay.

Oh, and I suppose maybe I could add a link to my novel, with a cover image? I hadn't thought about that. Is that allowed do you suppose? Maybe a link to my author page and not a direct sales link?

Rensslaer
I believe it was 2008, n'est-ce pas? I had only just discovered AARland a few months prior and was very lucky to be able to make it on the first page.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I believe it was 2008, n'est-ce pas? I had only just discovered AARland a few months prior and was very lucky to be able to make it on the first page.

Indeed, Mr. Alexander Primus (aka @The Kingmaker), you're spot on. Also Johnny on the Spot apparently! :D Alex on the spot??

So just to give everyone an idea of how busy and popular The Inkwell was at the time, you say you got on page 1 in April of 2008 when @Lord Durham first set up the thread. I spent some time formatting, and overdoing the project as I always do (and as I'm about to do again as I revamp my page! :D), and I ended up at the top of page 4 just 3 weeks later!

So that's 60 writers who set up pages in the 3 weeks before I got to it! :D It was like a mad dash for real estate in a MMORG!

Rensslaer

• 2Haha
Reactions:
It was like a mad dash for real estate in a MMORG!
I got very lucky and landed at the very bottom of page 1. Makes it so much easier to update when I need to. ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I keep looking at the link in my sig.

Indeed, Mr. Alexander Primus (aka @The Kingmaker), you're spot on. Also Johnny on the Spot apparently! :D Alex on the spot??

So just to give everyone an idea of how busy and popular The Inkwell was at the time, you say you got on page 1 in April of 2008 when @Lord Durham first set up the thread. I spent some time formatting, and overdoing the project as I always do (and as I'm about to do again as I revamp my page! :D), and I ended up at the top of page 4 just 3 weeks later!

So that's 60 writers who set up pages in the 3 weeks before I got to it! :D It was like a mad dash for real estate in a MMORG!

Rensslaer
Yeah, I decided my old nom de plume wasn't very good considering it used my RL first name. Regrettably, "Kingmaker" was already taken, so I'm stuck lugging around an unnecessary definite article. Still, I'm grateful I was able to change it!

Reactions:
Yeah, I decided my old nom de plume wasn't very good considering it used my RL first name. Regrettably, "Kingmaker" was already taken, so I'm stuck lugging around an unnecessary definite article. Still, I'm grateful I was able to change it!

Actually, I think the definite article works better. No competition, as you are THE Kingmaker. <best Scottish brogue> After all, there can be only one... </best Scottish brogue>

• 2Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions:

Actually, I think the definite article works better. No competition, as you are THE Kingmaker. <best Scottish brogue> After all, there can be only one... </best Scottish brogue>

I agree with @Lord Durham. "Kingmaker" is common, as if you're one of a dozen. Whereas "@The Kingmaker" has an intimation of ultimatality.

You're the one!

Besides, Warwick isn't "Kingmaker". He's "The Kingmaker". <nods>

Rensslaer

• 1Haha
Reactions:
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
Besides, Warwick isn't "Kingmaker". He's "The Kingmaker". <nods>
He thinks so. ;)

Yet I doubt that Richard Neville has half the humility and grace as Alex.

• 2Like
Reactions:
He thinks so. ;)

Yet I doubt that Richard Neville has half the humility and grace as Alex.
Most kind. I imagine his personality was probably the opposite of mine. He doesn't really strike me as the mild-mannered, introspective writer type.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sorry to intrude, but some of us (some in this recent part of the thread too) are carrying on over in the bAAR, if any of you care to pop in there.

But more importantly, @filcat was there and made quite the Public Service Announcement. For those of you with longer signatures, you might want to check it out.

Now, popping back to the bAAR to put new music on the jukebox. Sorry for the intrusion.

• 1Like
Reactions:
@Captured Joe has been added to The Inkwell index. Welcome to your very own piece of real estate.

There's more authAARs out there who can take advantage of this initiative. Come on, don't be shy.

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions: