• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fantastic! Africa getting attention and navigable sea zones around Arabian Peninsula were a demanded features for a long, long time. And it's going to be released in March! How are they going to do this? The Old Gods took like 4-5 months and it's nothing compared to RoI scale!

I have a feeling this was in developed long before SoA was released.

Loving the sound of the East African changes. I had no idea Paradox had genuinely contemplated doing an African expansion next, so to see those changes included for free in a patch is fantastic news. Thank you! :)

RoI preview!

[video=youtube_share;jsBLPHY4-Ww]http://youtu.be/jsBLPHY4-Ww[/video]

I'm thinking they meant "Ethiopia, Nubia, and Aksum," to be honest. Though we'll see about Mali.

This. I think they're doing it so that the Arabian Sea becomes more exciting (which Indians, Ethiopians, Arabs and Turks will all use), which fits in with the RoI DLC quite well.

Given how West Africa is now going to be more important, and it is quite different anyway from East Africa, I'd say we should be expecting one of the frontrunners for the next expansion to be a West Africa DLC, with significant fleshing out of the religion and culture of the region.

Last edited:
whoa. I just keep getting more and more pumped for this. and 15 dollars?!?! I was expecting 20! sweet!!!!!

I'm thinking they meant "Ethiopia, Nubia, and Aksum," to be honest. Though we'll see about Mali.

I think it's a typo...Ethiopia and Abyssinia are interchangeable, Aksum is even interchangeable with those two as all three were Empires of pretty much the exact same geographic region at various points in history.

I'm thinking they meant Mali.

Whether it's a typo or not though, I'm happy to hear to they're going to flesh things out or at least show East Africa some love. It definitely needs it so looking forward to hearing what those changes will be :)

So... Viking raids on Ganges? :D
roi1.jpg

Burma! That means Tibetan Empire should be there up north (China is still dodgable, though, except maybe the huge Tang dynasty blob.)

Diplomatic distance introduced? There you have, all you nay-sayers, pessimists and indophobs!

African rework? Hopefully it includes West Africa, too. I was a little skeptical first, although I thought all the pessimism and hostility got really out of hand and ridiculous, but noy I have to admit I am beginning to get a little bit pumped... Can't wait for the Dev Diaries!

Tibet and China will be in future expansion (according to video)

This was pure speculation, he stressed it quite clearly.

I am so glad to see the pictures of the map looking good. I just wish that paradox devs ever used anything other than terrain mode.