• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tnick0225

Field Marshal
3 Badges
Feb 21, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
A Random Game - Mega-Campaign (TOG Start)
An Attempt to Create a Completely Ahistorical Insane EUIV Europe​

So I haven't done a gameplay AAR, usually just do narratives, but having seen Catknight's Random World Order over in the EUIV forums I began thinking. That thinking led me to wondering what kind of chaotic unrealistic completely ahistorical world Pdox would throw at me, if I just played random characters from the TOG start and port it over to EUIV.

Now if I let the the AI operate and just play completely hands off I'm sure the world would more or less be completely Muslim with some Tengri and Norse thrown into the mix with most of Catholicism destroyed. I don't like that idea, plus watching the game just tick through the years though interesting gets boring. So with Catknight's idea I began wondering what I could do playing as random characters with a set time limit.

Initially I was thinking of just playing one character till his death then using a random number generator to pick the next county. This didn't work out so well as I couldn't really effect anything, as most of the characters I played died with 10 years, or I got a 1 year old Duke that lived 80 years. So that strategy wasn't going to work all that well.

Right now I'm leaning towards a 20 to 25 year term as a ruler before jumping or a 50 year term. That way I can better effect the country/dynasty before handing it back to the AI.

May even steal directly from Catknight and do a 10 year term roll a certain number that decides whether or not I stay in that location for another 10 years. But I haven't quite decided on that yet, still trying to find a way for the best balance and to create an interesting world for the EUIV carry-over.

So as of right now, the only rules are well the usual no save scumming no cheating on rolls, and to decide who I play as I use a random number generator which will tell me which county to play as. If that County is ruled by a mere Count that is who I play, if its ruled directly by a Duke King or Emperor those are who I play as.

With all that said I can not stress enough, that this will be a GAMEPLAY AAR, screenshot heavy, and yeah way way lighter to read then my Return of the Welfs AAR.

With all that said, if you have any suggestions feel free to comment...I'm still playing around with ideas, so it will be a little while before I start this AAR. Just had to get the first post up and feel out the level of interest for this.

List of place/Dynasties Played (with links to where they start)

Duchy of Cornwall > Kingdom of Wales - Cerneu Dynasty
Emirate of Baghdad > Abbasid Caliph - Abbasid Dynasty
County of Varazdin > Duchies of Pest, Pecs, and Transylvania - Mihaljevic Dynasty (Cadet Branch of the Trpimirovic Dynasty)
Duchy of Munster > Kingdom of Ireland & Kingdom of Alba - de Wexford Dynasty
Vahid Shahdom of Persia > Unlanded - Vahid Dynasty (Mazdaki Religion)
Touradant > Emirate of Fez > Sultanate of Mauretania & Mali - Shaiban Dynasty
Petty Kingdom of Sjaelland, Prussia > Fealty to Sweden < Duchy of Prussia (all other titles destroyed) - af Bornholm Dynasty
The Idrissid Emirate of Sana'a > Idrisid Sultanate of Arabia - Idrissid Dynasty
The County of Achaia > Kingdom of Cyprus - the de St. David Dynasty (Bretons in Greece)​

Last edited:
at your orders ! Iam leaning more towards a 50 year routine to have the needed time to affect history

I'm looking forward to this AAR, but why sir? I'm only at Chapter 40 of your Welf AAR. I'm never going to make it to this AAR. ;)

at your orders ! Iam leaning more towards a 50 year routine to have the needed time to affect history

That's kind of what I'm leaning towards at the moment still kickin the idea around though.

@Etzel: No worries if I get this off the ground it won't be a heavy read, if anything heavy on the screenshots...but Chapter 40 is right before the fun stuff begins in the world of the Welfs ;)

Part One: Cornwall​

So I rolled 29 on the RNG...and that gives of us the County of Devon, ruled over by King Dumnarth II Cerneu of Cornwall. Yep a Petty King in the British Isles. We have big old Wessex, Mercia, and the heathen Vikings in Jorvik and other places that are rather far across the wonderful North Sea.

Things could be worse I suppose, I could have draw one of those independent counts in Ireland or someone close to the Ummayads. So this could prove to be a successful run maybe....

Oh by the way I will stay in this country for 50 years, so I have enough time to accomplish something. Or just completely ruin things. Never know what will happen.

Here is our current ruler King Dumnarth II of Cornwall along with his brother Eluid mab Feverdyn, he's a good guy at intrigue so giving him lands may not be a great idea. Besides I don't really have land to give him anyway so shouldn't be something I should worry about yet.

2013-10-12_00001_zpsaeed7cb9.jpg

This is the map of the world we live in. My goal is to form Wales so expanding North is the direction I have to go. But first I need claims, prestige, and gold, so it will be a slow expansion.

2013-10-12_00004_zpsa2cf497e.jpg

This is my council luckily their mostly half-way decent which is refreshing. I'm used to the first council being full of abysmal advisers.

2013-10-12_00005_zps8e179b40.jpg

Next up on the introduction checklist is the wonderful family tree...there's a lot of Cerneu Kings of Cornwall but we don't need to see those guys. Fact of the matter is that our family is rather small at the moment, and procreation is our number one priority. Thus, it is time to find a wife.

2013-10-12_00014_zps4d714d76.jpg

And find her I did. There were plenty of Karling women to choose from, way too many actually. But I chose an Irish woman. I wanted to keep some pure Celtic blood in the family, and well she liked me better than all the others anyway so she'll make good wife. There's also the added bonus that we now have Queen Dub-Dil of Cornwal...so we will just call her Queen Dub, that name makes me smile for some reason.

2013-10-12_00009_zps2fe43392.jpg

With the opening steps of the game underway I go about sending my wonderful advisers out to do the work of the Cornish people.

Spymaster Riaged rides out to Wessex so we can see what is going on over there. Knowing their troop movements could prove to be valuable information.

Steward Brigacos de Dartmouth goes about the villages harassing the poor for taxes.

Marshal Bishop Edouarzh of St. Germans begins Researching Military Tech...this always proves fatal for some reason...

Chancellor Mayor Baldoen of Axminster heads north to our rival Welsh territory of Dyfed to fabricate claims.

Last but not least is our wonderful Chaplain Bishop Brigacos of Exeter. We don't have anything for him to do. Increasing relations with the Pope is an option, but why bother? The Pope is a long ways away. We could have him research cultural tech, but unfortunately we really don't see the need in that either. So the only other option to occupy the Bishop's time is to send him to do what God wanted him to do. To preach.

I decide to send him off to the evil heathen lands of Jorvik to proselytize. Yes we are going to attempt to convert Halfdan before he goes on one of those berserk Viking killing sprees, and who knows if successful we may accidentally save Northumbria....

2013-10-12_00011_zpsf3f6dcdf.jpg

Unfortunately Halfdan didn't want to listen to parables, nor did he think believing in some God that let's his own children be killed was a wise idea. So, our wonderfully skilled Chaplain ends up in Halfdan's prison. Hopefully Brigacos get's used to jail cells because he will probably see quite a few of them in the future.

EtzelHoveri are you sure the next option will be lucky one ? :p Nice choice mate by the way ...Iam afraid though that Vikinhs will soon be in your doorstep ;)

@EtzelHoveri: It probably would be too long if I start as a King or a really powerful Duke. But at the moment I think it will be just about right as a minor Duke or a Count. In fact 50 years as Cornwall is seeming to be a perfect amount of time. The goal is to try and make a stable and powerful enough realm that the AI won't jack up too horribly bad. And if I only did 20 years or 25 I wouldn't be able to form Wales. I guess I could make a rule where if I roll a King or powerful Duke I only play 20 to 25 years as them so that I don't create a gigantic blob. But chances are I'll always be playing a small Duke or Count so not too worried about that happening.

@mike the knight: Eh the Vikings can come, but I don't think Cornwall is a very desirable target for them us being all poor and such. They have Wessex, Mercia and Northumbria to play with at the moment.

Part 1.1

@Verdas: Glad that you are enjoying it thus far! Landing a Spymaster can have positive and negative things. But my current Spymaster is Lowborn anyway. My brother Eluid mab Feverdyn could potentially become Spymaster with that awesome intrigue he has, but since he has a strong claim, giving him a County and therefor half the Petty Kingdom of Cornwall would be disastrous. I'm sure he'd set up an assassination immediately after taking over a fief. So keeping him in court is by far a better plan.

Part 1.1 - Cornwall​

With Bishop Brigacos cooling his heals in Halfdan's dungeon, I'm not sure what else to do at the moment so I let time tick by a little bit. Besides all I can do right now is save money for mercs and hope my prestige continues to grow. I will be needing that money and prestige for these claims.

While I wait Gisele Karling comes of age and marries our brother Eluid mab Feverdyn. This will bring us a great and powerful alliance with the Franks, so any incursion from Wessex or Mercia or even the Norse is more or else put to a stop with this. I highly doubt any of them could come close to touching the might of Karling arms.

2013-10-12_00016_zpsb2c9d705.jpg

However, with such a great alliance I get the annoying Karling War spam. Unfortunately Gisele is the daughter of the King of East Francia and also the sister of the King of Aquitaine, and because Aquitaine borders that wonderful green blob of the Ummayads I'll be on the receiving end of many of these calls for war. But the good thing is I have zero boats so I can't help, and the cost of refusing the call to war is 100 prestige. So, I accept, only because our little Kingdom of Cornwall can't do anything anyway so the peasants won't have to worry about fighting the Muslims in Barcelona.

2013-10-12_00017_zps941c76f8.jpg

Shi'a Islam breaks unto the world stage just then. I don't really know how that will effect anything at the moment so I don't really care. Besides the Muslims are way too far away to really care about. My concern is the Norse.

And just then Queen Dub becomes prego. And in celebration I go on a hunt.

2013-10-12_00017_zps941c76f8.jpg

While hunting Barcelona gets taken over by the Ummayads, which isn't a big deal at the moment.

Unfortunately even though I claim this isn't a big deal it seriously made me unable to hunt and I become the laughing stock at court since I can't even shoot an arrow at a deer. I lose prestige but just having the hunt will make up for that loss anyway.

2013-10-12_00027_zps84c7dbbb.jpg

Then the Karlings once again ask us to join a war. This time its the King of West Francia wanting our help in taking over Flanders. Flanders is much closer to us, but once again no boats! You would think the Karlings would at least pony up some cash for us to hire a boat or two from the Republics. Or maybe send us some wood to build some so we could you know actually help! But alas no such consideration, the Franks it would seem aren't the sharpest rocks in the sea.

2013-10-12_00031_zps1b182378.jpg

Then Bishop Brigacos of Exeter is finally released by Halfdan. So I give him back his position as Chaplain, but why? Because he's the best damn Chaplain in Cornwall is why! Anyway, plus I want to send him to Halfdan's relative next. Maybe he'll have better luck talking with King Ivar about Jesus.

2013-10-12_00032_zps83b487ef.jpg
2013-10-12_00033_zps86f392c5.jpg

Or not.

There is a reason to the madness of sending my Chaplain off to proselytize. Ultimately the goal is to end the Norse occupation and convert them so I don't have to worry about those crazy invasions anymore or those raiding parties. It seems to be useless but it really does work out. Even while said Chaplain is in prison. If your playing during the Mongol Invasion, and you have a super-duper powerful Chaplain, try Proselytizing in the Horde Capital. Trust me it works you could have a Catholic Golden Horde 10 years after they appear. I learned this through experience...

Although it doesn't seem to be rolling in my favor just yet...

Queen Dub ends up giving birth to a girl named Gaela verch Dumnarth. I was tempted to rename the child Dub to honor her Irish mother but managed to resist that temptation this time around. Along with the birth of Gaela, I have a new nephew Feverdyn mab Eluid. Eluid's wife Gisele having sons is actually a great thing. I will be able to marry them off to single Countesses and Baronesses, and if luck will have it a few Duchesses. Its all about getting the Dynasty on foreign thrones so that's the gameplan for now. Besides there's no reason to keep these freeloaders around in court at the moment.

2013-10-12_00035_zpsb08a621b.jpg
2013-10-12_00040_zps7e89d480.jpg

Apparently I mispoke earlier about the war on Flanders. It was the Flemish Independence War...but anyways it ended. King Charles the Bald won of course even without us Cornish men there.

2013-10-12_00042_zps013f51a4.jpg

With the end of that Karling War another sprouts. This time the Ummayads have decided to invade Toulouse. This isn't looking very good for Europe...and of course I accept the call to war, as I said earlier joining costs nothing and refusing costs 100 prestige. So might as well fight a war that I can't fight.

2013-10-12_00043_zps4ee57ccc.jpg

With this war started Queen Dub is once again prego.

Finally my Chancellor manages to fabricate claims...but let's not get all excited yet. Sure I can go to war right now, but I will wait and try and collect one more claim. If I can get two claims inside that Duchy I will be able to press both at the same time. Costing me less money on mercs and also the added benefit of being able to usurp the duchy and not having to wait out a ten year truce timer. However, if my Chancellor takes his sweet ass time I may declare war anyway...so I will probably give him a few years to prove his worth.

2013-10-12_00047_zpsae4628d5.jpg

Queen Dub once again gives us a daughter by name of Elen verch Dumnarth.

2013-10-12_00048_zps9929ba7a.jpg

The birth of Elen it seems attracted a bunch of merchants. How they got to Cornwall from there far away land or why they would even visit is beyond me. But regardless they give me some eunuch from Hindustan or some such. This Eunuch isn't even worthy of a position on my council so this whole chain of events is really rather useless at the moment.

2013-10-12_00053_zps8c8348ed.jpg

But anyways Ivar released Brigacos and I once more reinstate the Bishop of Exeter as Chaplain. I'm curious about where I can send him next, and discover that Brittany (my Welsh cousins) has been taken over by the Viking Haesteinn. So of course that is where Brigacos will be sent to. He's seen all the Viking prisons in the region so he might as well cross Brittany's off his list as well.

2013-10-12_00049_zpse8b0ef6a.jpg

With Brigacos imprisoned, I appoint this guy named Bran who is rather as adept in the Gospels as Brigacos. So I decide Bran should start the same circuit of Viking prisons that Brigacos ventured out on. Thus, Chaplain Bran is thrown into Jorvik's prison by Halfdan.

2013-10-12_00054_zpsd2f1e169.jpg

For the first time ever I actually see something amazing happen in Aquitaine. It seems the Karlings were actually able to put up a unified defense of Toulouse and repel the Ummayads! I honestly have never seen that in the ToG...and it surprised me. Perhaps there is hope yet for Christendom.

2013-10-12_00055_zpsd80b6e26.jpg

Part 1.2 - Cornwall

Part 1.2 - Cornwall​

So the Karlings finally beat back the Ummayads. Christendom is saved! Well for now anyway. So I go back to watching my little Petty Kingdom of Cornwall. And end up having to decide between two men for the position of Steward. Since Mr. Dartmouth isn't landed it won't matter much if I fire him in favor of the exile from Brittany.

2013-10-12_00058_zpsdc21db45.jpg

I send our new Steward out to collect taxes once more. I then fall in love with my wife.

2013-10-12_00060_zps2602d476.jpg

This is rather funny considering an image we will see soon enough.

My brother then graces the Cerneu Dynasty with yet another son named Riaged, I assume he was honoring our current peasant Spymaster in the naming of my nephew. But apparently seeing the fruitful multiplication of Eluid's line I become stressed. I am assuming the game decided any ruler with one child that has a brother that has high intrigue and three sons should be stressed. And I am rather stressed, beginning to fear my brother Eluid has some rather nasty ambitions in his head.

2013-10-12_00061_zpscba5d3f9.jpg

Apparently that worry was misplaced though for a few weeks after Riaged was born Eluid my brother died at the young age of 33. Now I'm beginning to stress that Dumnarth may fall victim to the same illness.

2013-10-12_00063_zps15b0de2b.jpg

My Chancellor somehow is doing a good job holding the realm together and I have to pick between increasing relations with Castle Vassals or City Vassals. Thing is I have no vassals in Castles. So I suppose choosing that option would be rather goofy, so I choose the option to make our Mayors like us more.

2013-10-12_00064_zps2a1dcb2a.jpg

Remember me saying a couple paragraphs up that I love my wife and yadda yadda yadda. Well here is an event that made me laugh just a little bit. A cow rampaged through some poor peasants house apparently, and my wife wishes me to side with someone. I choose the peasant, only because Dumnarth is Just and this gives me a great opportunity to RP a little bit. But, Queen Dub is very unhappy about my decision. Apparently she feels the peasantry shouldn't be treated the same as us "Nobles". Which is rather funny since if I hadn't of married her she would probably be some lowly noble one step away from peasantry herself.

2013-10-12_00066_zps772f9f13.jpg
2013-10-12_00067_zps315955c2.jpg

Queen Dub, I love her so much...but I also think she is a damned idiot.

2013-10-12_00068_zpse3723c31.jpg

Next up to bat is that wonderful little event where I get to nail stuff to people's heads or send a bouquet of roses to my neighbor. Once again I'm going to RP this decision and send flowers. Only because it gives Piety and King Dumnarth II of Cornwall is a rather pious dude anyway. So a dozen roses to my anonymous neighbor.

2013-10-12_00070_zpsd31ef2e1.jpg

After I send some roses to whoever it was that was to receive them. I declare war for the County of Gwent. I got tired of waiting for my Chancellor to get another claim so I jumped the gun. I also decide to send my Chancellor to those more Northern Welsh counties to fabricate claims. And I also hire the Saxon Band to do my dirty work for me.

2013-10-12_00071_zps53965e90.jpg

Our little war gets off to a wonderful start with our Saxons leading the way.

2013-10-12_00073_zpsb622fdca.jpg

Meanwhile Brigacos once more is released from prison and I happily send him back to talk with Ivar the Boneless who in turn puts our Chaplain and Bishop of Exeter back into Prison.

2013-10-12_00076_zps924522cd.jpg

While all that is going on I finally get an event to increase my Stewardship. This is a godsend as Dumnarth is pretty much a blithering idiot when it comes to counting coins and such.

2013-10-12_00078_zpsa085dde8.jpg

And then the Pope Nicholas II dies, and a new Pope Victor II would be elected. This Pope's name isn't a sign of the Papacy becoming Victorious though, as our beloved new Pope will find the sting of defeat soon enough at the hands of the Ummayads.

2013-10-12_00081_zpsf4ee04d8.jpg

We then when the siege of Caerwent, unfortunately still not enough war score to force a surrender.

2013-10-12_00083_zpse023676c.jpg

I then notice an interesting development over in Wessex. It seems King Alfred had died in battle against Ivar the Boneless, and had had no male children to inherit that powerful Petty Kingdom. So, some other dude inherited by the name Eadric Stawell. Eadric would be rather ambitious and teach his son and heir the same. If I were Halfdan in Jorvik I would be a bit worried about the rise of this new dynasty in Wessex.

2013-10-12_00086_zps928f03d3.jpg
2013-10-12_00087_zpsfda1c561.jpg

After that we finish the siege of Newport which finally gives us a 100% warscore and therefore we can finally force King Hywell to surrender.

2013-10-12_00089_zps5b7d6def.jpg

We have finally added one more County to the lands of Cornwall. Meaning that we only need two more Welsh Counties before we can form the Kingdom of Wales and become the first true King to occupy the British Isles. Hopefully we can do all of this within King Dumnarth's lifetime. But time will tell. For now we are quite pleased by the addition of Gwent.

2013-10-12_00090_zps94704228.jpg

Part 1.3 - Cornwall

Part 1.3 - Cornwall​

Our first war went rather well, securing one County and bringing us to needing one or two more before we can form the Kingdom of Wales. So things are going well for our upstart Cerneu family. Hopefully by the end of the fifty years they will be a player in the Isles and strong enough to last for centuries...

Anyways the Magyars settle down finding a home for themselves finally.

2013-10-12_00091_zps472c155a.jpg

Then, my census of my land comes back increasing my Stewardship by 2 points, and fulfilling that ambition finally.

2013-10-12_00092_zpsaf8befcc.jpg

And just when I think I may be on a path of building a successful nation for the AI, Halfdan decides he wants to ruin it all for us by invading our newly acquired land of Gwent.

This has me a little concerned when I first started the game I saw Jorvik was a HUGE stack I suppose event troops. And I definitely was not prepared to hire that many mercenaries. But luck will be on our side this time.

2013-10-12_00095_zps34af5fc2.jpg

Halfdan brings in an army of 1345 men, I almost have twice that. And they begin to battle in Newport, where once of my courtiers would end up dying. But no loss he wasn't all that special anyway.

2013-10-12_00098_zps55c3a26a.jpg

While the war is getting under way. Brigacos that surveyor of Viking prisons, decides he's had enough of the Catholic faith, and decides to go heretical on me. So this time instead of winding up in some Norse dungeon, he finds a new home in our Cornish dungeons instead.

2013-10-12_00101_zpse9e61eec.jpg

With the first battle of the invasion won and Halfdan's forces running back to Jorvik to meet up with Ivar's forces, our men begin to chase. They meet up in Jorvik's lands, and engage the Viking menace. Once again it was a battle well in our favor and we even captured King Ivar the Boneless himself! He'll be a good addition to our dungeon and to make things even more fun he gets to be Brigacos's roomie.

2013-10-12_00107_zps93540591.jpg

I begin laying siege to York itself, the capital of Halfdan's Viking Kingdom, and it seems now that I'm laying siege to it that I'm allowed to proselytize there.

2013-10-12_00108_zps034d5b43.jpg

And then that neighbor I sent the roses to finally responds rather astonished and happy at my gift.

2013-10-12_00112_zpsb4c1b2fe.jpg

The war is going well two counties have been occupied at the moment slowly ticking our warscore upwards.

2013-10-12_00113_zpsdda5d9c8.jpg

I think I probably should have executed Ivar though, unfortunately I never did. But judging by successions and how the dynasty names are for these Norse, I dare say if I had executed him his Kingdom would lose their alliance with Halfdan. Not sure if I'm right on that and wish I would have tested it out, but Ivar gets to live all the same.

Speaking of executing prisoners I capture yet another wonderful Viking. This one Halfdan's own son!

2013-10-12_00118_zps0b8de51a.jpg

Remember how in the previous update I would say Pope Victor II isn't all that Victorious in life? Well I wasn't lying in fact I was referencing this...

2013-10-12_00120_zpse91af22a.jpg

Sultan Abdallah of the Ummayads killed him in battle. And Pope Victor is then succeeded by Sylvester II who well hopefully lasts a little longer on St. Peter's throne.

Then the final siege in our defensive war against the Viking heathens comes to an end, and Halfdan has finally had enough and we agree to a peace. His son stays in my dungeons but Ivar is allowed to leave unfortunately. I was kind of hoping I'd get to keep the Boneless in there forever, but alas such plans are seldom allowed in the world of CKII.

2013-10-12_00124_zps20d4602d.jpg

After the war, Brigacos decides to revert back to Catholicism which is good, because I could use him as a Chaplain once again.

2013-10-12_00129_zpsd3835092.jpg

And just as I release him our current Chaplain Hoel is arrested by Halfdan. Apparently once a war is over your Chaplain once again becomes fair game for the Vikings. But this alright because I can make Brigacos Chaplain again and send him to go talk to his old Ivar again.

2013-10-12_00130_zps64ec536b.jpg
2013-10-12_00132_zps8a415da0.jpg

Ivar the Boneless apparently wasn't happy about his former celly coming back to visit and reminisce about their few years in the dungeons of King Dumnarth II of Cornwall. But it is quite alright, Ivar would prove to be a good host to his old friend and release him rather quickly.

Meanwhile I decide to bring in special entertainment to help convince Queen Dub to return to the marital bed. I need more children! More alliances, more lands to acquire for the family via weddings. And wouldn't you know the entertainment paid off, because a week later Queen Dub announced she was with child.

2013-10-12_00137_zps747c186d.jpg

With this bit of good news came bad news as it often does in game. King Arthfael II of Deheubarth, declared war for Gwent. This aggravates me in more ways then one. I will beat him of course. But I'm still recovering from defending against Halfdan. And the kicker to it all is that because of this war I will have to wait another ten years before being able to attack him unless I want to take the massive prestige hit. Perhaps my goal of unifying Wales under the Cerneu banner is a bit premature.

2013-10-12_00140_zps180411f6.jpg

This war stresses Dumnarth II out even more than he was previously. And unfortunately he ends up dying of stress. His son Ricat mab Dumnarth Cerneu would assume the title as King of Cornwall and hopefully he will prove to be strong and capable enough to turn his father's dreams into reality.

2013-10-12_00143_zpsc053f28b.jpg

It seems that even the fearsome Norse can be captured :p Meanwhile Iam a bit concerned about the war at South ....

Part 1.4 - Cornwall

@mike the knight: I should have executed Ivar lol, oh well. I was very happy about capturing him though. And the war in Wales, well we will see how that turns out.

@Morosaurus: Thank you for commenting! Comments are great on AARs motivates us writers :) Anyways glad you are enjoying it and thank you for popping on in!

Part 1.4 - Cornwall​

With the death of King Dumnarth II Cerneu of Cornwall and the coronation of King Ricat Cerneu, I begin to get a bit weary due to the war defending Gwent. Never a good thing when a King dies during a war. Creates a lot of friction. But luckily we have a small realm and really no vassals so nothing major will probably happen.

Meanwhile the former Queen Dub gave birth to twins.

2013-10-12_00147_zps2664c7d2.jpg

Thankfully she gave birth to Koulizh mab Dumnarth and Klaoda mab Dumnarth after Dumnarth II died, otherwise my land would have been split with all three of us being given one little county. So this time on the Gavelkind roll I got lucky and didn't have to resort to any gamey tactics or set kids up as Bishops. So I'm thanking my lucky at the moment.

My mercenaries are then victorious at the battle of Newport.

2013-10-12_00148_zps461dfa4c.jpg

And then in 884 the siege of Cardiff is won capturing Rhys Morganwgg and Owain Morganwgg. I really detest these Welsh names by the way.

2013-10-12_00150_zpse198a083.jpg

Winning the Siege of Cardiff makes the King of Deheubarth surrender finally.

2013-10-12_00153_zps11f5c1a3.jpg

With that little defensive war complete and Ricat's lands successfully protected it is time to marry off some relatives. First up is my half-sister Gaela ferch Dumnarth, who I send to marry the Duke of Aquitaine Robin de Poitou. If he were independent this would give me an alliance, but since he's not it really has no effect. It really just serves to get rid of a sister since there wasn't really anyone else available and of the proper age to marry.

Next up is my cousin Alan mab Eluid, who I send to the Barony of Tivoli to marry Baroness Marcella di Tivoli. Why marry a son to a Baroness? Well its a rather simple idea really. Its all about getting the family titles. A Barony is much better than marrying him to some random princess whose claim I will never be able to press. And ontop of it all a Baroness isn't going to ask the relative of a Duke for a matrilineal marriage. So basically Alan's children will become Cerneu Barons of Tivoli, adding to our family score. Sure Barons don't get many points, but there is always that off chance that they rise higher through time. So, this is my strategy with Cousins, plus it gets them out of my court and far far away from me.

2013-10-12_00155_zps5e8f2fdf.jpg

A few months pass and then my betrothed comes of age meaning King Ricat can finally marry and hopefully have some lovely children. So who is he to marry? Well his betrothed is the Countess Beorhtgyth of Bristol (of Bristol is merely her surname) she is the Countess of Gloucester. I marry her, because my son will more than likely inherit her County, meaning the peaceful addition of land that belongs to the Kings of Wessex. This could ultimately cause a war a generation from now, but by then I dare say the Cerneus will be strong enough to repel an invasion from Wessex.

2013-10-12_00160_zps71fdfad7.jpg

Unfortunately celebrations for Ricat's marriage aren't long lived for another Norse ruler decides he wants to take Devon from me. This guy is named Olafr Yngling the Count of Dublin or in his Norse tongue Dyflinn.

2013-10-12_00161_zps65810b06.jpg

Unfortunately I have no boats so there is no way I can possibly invade Dublin to drive the warscore up. So my only option is to play defense and hopefully force a White Peace as soon as possible.

And as the Norse invasion party lands on my shores I begin repelling them and capture one of Olafr's sons at the Battle of Axminster.

2013-10-12_00167_zps8d71ba44.jpg

While I am spilling Norse blood on my shores I receive word from our Chancellor that he has fabricated claims on the County of Powys. This is good it means I can claim one more County and technically be able to form the Kingdom of Wales. But I wait on that, deciding to send the Chancellor to fabricate claims upon the bordering County as well. Once again I'd rather fight a war for two counties instead of just one and wait out a ten year truce timer.

2013-10-12_00168_zps847cf844.jpg

And that is when I receive word that my wife Beorhtgyth (forever will be known as Queen B because I really don't want to try and spell that shit anymore) is prego.

2013-10-12_00170_zps70dd387b.jpg

It seems having captured Olafr's child Karl made the warscore tick up to a high enough level that he will accept a white peace. So the Dublin Invasion of Devon has failed.

2013-10-12_00173_zps6737513f.jpg

After the White Peace with Olafr Yngling is signed, my cousin Feverdyn mab Eluid can marry. So I send him off to marry the Baronness Beatrix d'Arlon of Arlon.

2013-10-12_00175_zpsdc37cfc1.jpg

And then my first son is born named Dumnarth mab Ricat.

2013-10-12_00176_zps121d143e.jpg

I then get a chance to send Brigacos back to Jorvik to Proselytize and jump on that opportunity. King Halfdan once again imprisons his favorite prisoner.

2013-10-12_00178_zps6b2695d4.jpg

Halfdan then does something I really did not expect. I had rather forgotten another former Chaplain of mine Hoel had never actually been released by Halfdan. The Norse King of Jorvik was obviously displeased at having two Christian Priests in his prison, so he decided to offer Hoel up as a sacrifice to the Norse Gods.

2013-10-12_00182_zps8e39af3e.jpg

Apparently Brigacos is a much more complacent prisoner? Whatever the reason Hoel is now dead, and Brigacos is once more living in a cell.

My half-sister Elen comes of age and I send her off to Iberia to marry King Sancho de Cantabria of Asturias. This actually provides us with an alliance, although the position of Asturias is such that this alliance will probably prove to be more of a nuisance than our previous alliance to the Karling King of West Francia.

2013-10-12_00185_zpsd10c96ee.jpg

And then Queen B is pregnant once again.

2013-10-12_00187_zps2ee8e4d0.jpg

During her pregnancy another of my cousins Riaged mab Eluid is allowed to marry his betrothed the Baroness Helene von Andechs of Andechs. So with the marriages of my cousins that brings in 3 future Baronies into the Cerneu family estates should all three have healthy happy children. This may not seem like a huge victory but as was discussed further up, having three Barons is better than zero Barons.

And after the marriage a few months later Queen B goes into labor and poops out another son Briac mab Ricat.

2013-10-12_00188_zps2fe2057c.jpg

This gives us two sons so under gavelkind succession we will now see our lands torn asunder by squabbling siblings. But that is okay. We need to expand and get more lands anyway. So with luck it won't hurt us too terribly bad.

At the end of the year 890 I get a message that my Chancellor has once again fabricated claims upon a County. This time it is the County of Gwenydd, giving us strong claims on two of Queen Madrun's lands. This also means it is almost time for WAR!

2013-10-12_00192_zpsb6069566.jpg

You repelled the invaders,get rid of possible relatives pretenders and now you are ready to lcaim Wales! You are so great

@mike the knight: Why thank ya, just trying to leave Cornwall's Cerneus in a better position than I found them ;) hopefully they can keep all I've given them when we leave.

@Morosaurus: Almost!!! Should be King by the end of the next update I'd imagine...got to get the territories and money first ;)