• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am so glad to see the pictures of the map looking good. I just wish that paradox devs ever used anything other than terrain mode.

They don't want to reveal that all the Indian kingdoms will be using bright yellows and pinks as their colours just yet.

So....Much....Terra Incognita...

You mean wasteland? Unless I've missed something in the video there's no terra incognita in CKII. Everything looks visible.

I'm no game dev myself but I don't see why March 2014 sounds so strict.

Now I have no doubt that RoI will have dry features, because all CK2 DLC have had dry features, but to me there is little to worry about thus far.

Yet more info!

"I believe actually the island was called 'Sri Lanka,' but it's ruled by Ceylon during this time-period, I believe."
"Don't worry about this land bridge, that's going to be removed."

I really had to cringe... :wacko:

(Actually thought the chat ate up my post, didn't know that the video was posted on two different threads. :p)

Last edited:
So I just noticed, the Caspian Sea is now multiple zones, which seems to suggest that is navigable? So that would mean they fixed the AI problem? And thus a pseudo-Suez canal is unlikely?

So I just noticed, the Caspian Sea is now multiple zones, which seems to suggest that is navigable? So that would mean they fixed the AI problem? And thus a pseudo-Suez canal is unlikely?

Given the fact that the Caspian sea has sea zones i would say yes. But i'll still be asking a dev for confirmation :D

Given the fact that the Caspian sea has sea zones i would say yes. But i'll still be asking a dev for confirmation :D

The Caspian has been navigable since Old Gods. Only Vikings can get in though, as they reach it via the Russian/Tatar river system.

Maybe but it does mean they will be real seazones and might mean that the other sea/lake next to it and the lakes near Finland which are navigable but don't count as sea zones will have been fixed too, which in turn means we might be able to build ships in those zones and even have merchant republics bordering them.

Looks like the Volga is navigable, so it might just be connected to the Baltic via portage, which I think would count as a connection for the AI [edit: apparently it already is. I need to play in Russia more, apparently].

Might be a plausible staging-post for a Viking invasion of India, too (even without a pseudo-Suez). Invade Persia from the north via the Caspian (which would only be ahistorical if it succeeded), then work your way eastwards from there.

Guys, the Caspian is already navigable. This is not a change.