• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are gamers gate and impulse the same? I would like to get the pre order, but i am travelling in central america until april and steam wont let me buy games down here. But Imulse let me buy sendoku. Will i be able to get the pre order version through impulse?

AFAIK impulse will be the steam activation version

I'm wondering...

Can the devs say if it will be an easier task to have a Steam copy of CKII with regards to the new policy upon DLCs and the like?

Or do they estimate it to be roughly the same with GG? With GG just requiring a manual install of the DLCs among other things?

Did not they say management of DLC will be integrated to the game instead of downloading endless spritepack as for EU3 ?

Not with paradox games or we would see people demanding impulse versions, it appears that Gamersgate is the bigger competitor, in the 10%
I am not sure how long Steam has been offering Paradox games, but GamersGate was originally the only digital distributor that did. I bought EU3 through GamersGate in January 2007, had a good experience, and have remained a loyal customer. I suspect that this is a common story among folks who have been here for at a few years.

I am not sure how long Steam has been offering Paradox games, but GamersGate was originally the only digital distributor that did. I bought EU3 through GamersGate in January 2007, had a good experience, and have remained a loyal customer. I suspect that this is a common story among folks who have been here for at a few years.
Indeed started to use digital retailer with EU3 on GG and remained loyal since then (was it not GG and Paradox the same company at the time ?)

More or less the same for me really, albeit a bit later.

Only used Steam for games that actually require steam, and will conteniue to do so for as long as i can :)

What about patches and beta-patches? Do you know yet if they will be supported differently? I.e. will both version get access to beta-patches, will patches for one version be released sooner, etc.?

Will there still be non-Steam beta patches in the future?

Edit: emu'd

Yes. Beta patches will be steam-only.

There's the answer. So I'd say it all depends on estimating how long patches will stay in beta.

Not with paradox games or we would see people demanding impulse versions, it appears that Gamersgate is the bigger competetor, in the 10%
My point is why would impulse sell anything steam activated, they are competitors and that is basically giving the competition free advertisement.

AFAIK i dont think so, previously in the new internal patch thread they said they overcome the technical difficulties to use there new DLC system, sometime after that johan made a post about GG saying its existance depended on overcoming techincal difficulties, i assume from what i have read that they will have expansions for both.

If it's a Steam exclusive, I shan't be pre ordering it, let alone buying it.