• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
I pre-ordered but that was more because I got the money now and I'm might be moving at any time within the next 6 months. But I wouldn't deny that some kind of pre-order bonus would be very welcome, I just hope that if PI decide to add a bonus it retroactive for those who already pre-ordered it.

Otherwise I would like to thank PI making CK2, I never stopped playing CK1.

We got quite alot of things planned for those who pre-order it. I expect details to come out during the next 2 months.

In a mail from Fredrik II, the CEO and main owner of the company to some people internally this morning.

"me and Johan discussed how to create a non-Steam CK2 GM. There will be one and we are doing our best to deliver on time."

So yes, there will be a non-steam GM, and gamersgate will sell that one, and it will be released at the same time as the steam version is.

Is that only for those who preorder it on GG/Steam, or will there also be goodies for those who preorder a physical copy through play.com and the like?

pretty sure its just digital download perks though.

I'm wondering...

Can the devs say if it will be an easier task to have a Steam copy of CKII with regards to the new policy upon DLCs and the like?

Or do they estimate it to be roughly the same with GG? With GG just requiring a manual install of the DLCs among other things?

When it comes to DLC's and expansions, both GG and Steam versions will be fine and similarly solved.

so that quote sounds like the two versions are separate, so if you pre-order, do you get to choose what to download? or do you have to choose which one to buy when you pre-order?
Just alittle lost and confused here

And which one is the disc one?

Seems pretty clear to me "So yes, there will be a non-steam GM, and gamersgate will sell that one, and it will be released at the same time as the steam version is."" GG sells only the non-steam version.

Box is steam.

I remember Johan saying that people who bought on day 1 would get bonus stuff also, so why not people who register their box versions on day 1? £17.95 seems very reasonable. Plus the hut are saying RRP is £24.99, so why is GG selling at £5 over the RRP?

I'm pretty sure that anyone who registers within the first day/week/whatever gets access to the Paradox pre-order bonus stuff, regardless of where you got the game. Some online portals may have their own pre-oder bonus in addition though.

Also pretty sure thehut is just making up that RRP.

Wow, $2 to play with historical coats of arms? So starting up as a Plantagenet will cost me more money?? Didn't take long for you to jump down the monetization hole did it Paradox?

No. Its free for everyone that pre-order. Its included in the game for free for everyone that pre-orders through the channels that handles DLC's.

We've always done music and cosmetics for dlc's, as they are not "things removed from the game", but something that can be developed by external people, which these have been.

What does this mean?
I want the game from steam, and I want the preorder bonus. What do I have to do?

According to the information I have, it should be on Steam as pre-order bonus when the Steam pre-order goes live.

When I talk about DLC I don´t mean about format. I´ve donwloaded every game I´ve bought since LOTRO, and that´s about 4 years ago.

With DLC I mean smalls amount of content sold by small amount of money. Usually the price is very small, and the content even smaller, but being just 1-2 € people doesn´t notice.

When it´s things like sprite packs, or extra music, I don´t care, but when it´s something I feel should be in the game from the beginning I just wait and buy later. That way I don´t have to buy soemthing every other month t get what I think it´s the complete experience, and it´s cheaper as a bonus.

I agree with you. Thats why we added graphical "extras" which were not originally planned for CK2.

and apparently pop into your shelf as things you own for free without any notification or warning or anything if yourve pre-ordered CK2. which is not only awesome but also troubling.
Graphics is what Paradox DLCs have always been this has nothign to do with the new DLC strategy, its the last appearance of the old one. And its FREE, sneaky, underhanded free but still free

Not really sure how to read this, are you upset you got free stuff added?

Im curious about the policy towards potential COA mods. If i released a COA mod which included my own versions of the COA in this DLC would that be frowned upon and banned?

not at all.

just don't copy the files we have in the official dlc.

For a console game maybe. Not for a pc strategy.

We've always sold our games for 40€. That has been the baseline price for PC games since the mid 1990's.

If we had changed our price by inflation since 1999 when our first game was released we'd be now charging about 54€.

So which is it? 'everyone that pre-orders' is very, very different to 'everyone that pre-orders from GG/Steam'.

For every pre-order that is a digital download there SHOULD be pre-order dlc's.

To preorder or not preorder, that is the question. :p I just cant make my mind, i started playing CK like a week ago and loved it.

If you can't decide and the amount of money is a lot for you, then wait until we release the demo before you pre-order. We want people who buy the game to be satisfied and feel it is worth their money.