• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wezqu

Field Marshal
93 Badges
Jun 2, 2007
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Magicka
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
Well this AAR's idea is that I will only rule one nation for duration of one king. Every time the king dies I will stop save the game and change a nation. Only rule that I have set is that I will not make the ruler to general if he already isn't a general as it might make him die sooner. I have special program to give me the next country randomly so I won't even know myself what country I will be playing. Well here is the first chapter of the first king.

Ruler over and over again...​

As long as I remember I have been here in many forms in different rulers. I can't even remember who I really am anymore. Only thing I know I always am the ruler of people king, sultan or any other leader of men there has been. The oldest king that I have been or that I remember was Mallikarjuna King of Vijayanagar. He was king almost six years before I awoke and found myself in his body. The year was 1453 and I was quite frankly in odd who I was and why I was there. There still was some familiar in all of it and I knew everything the king knew. So I decided to lead the nation as best as I could.

8143010478532534389orig.jpg

I ruled a vast kingdom with two vassals Mysore and Travanacore. People worship Hindu gods. My first order was to hire Krishnadevaraya Keshaw to improve our trading and I also hired Mallikarjuna Padmesh and Devaraya Keshaw to improve our goverment.

8143010478532534388orig.jpg

I then put most of our researchers to work in making our goverment stronger and also invested some money to improve our trading changes.

8143010478532534393orig.jpg

Religion matters were little harder as I have large Sunni nation right next to our nation. I decided to promote Hinduism, Buddhism and Muslim. Confucianism and Shinto were let to their own care and I made sure Cristians and Pagans are not welcome.

8143010478532534391orig.jpg

Then I checked our goverment statics and decided to move our nation to lean more on Aristocracy than Plutocracy.

8143010478532534387orig.jpg

Well soon after I had made those changes my two vassals both offered me Trade Agreement I of course accepted their offer.

8143010478532534408orig.jpg

8143010478532534409orig.jpg

Just before the year changed our sunni neighbor Deccan declared war on my vassal Travanacore. I joined the war and launced attack on Deccan's capital and fought troops defending it and drove them to retreat. I besieged the city and soon it surrendered. In the mean while Deccan managed to capture Goa. Travanacore landed some troops to Konkan and was now besieging the city. Soon Deccan offered White Peace as the war was quite a equal neither really gaining upperhand. As I didn't want the war in the first place agreed to white peace. In the middle of the war I also signed alliance with Cealon.

8143010478532534410orig.jpg

8143010478532534390orig.jpg

8143010478532534383orig.jpg

Mallikarjuna died 30 January, 1456 and I thought that this was the end but before I noticed something pulled me back and before I knew I was in new body in some new country. But before the death got him or rather me made formal alliances with my vassals Mysore and Travanacore.

Interesting idea. I love these kind of games, although changing by rulers without defined countries is even better than those changing every ten or so years. Can I wish you luck in this case? Anyway, I'm eager to see what country you will play next time. Just a question though, could you possibly play the same nation twice?

It's Caska meets the AAR. Nice idea. I hope you don't get into too many sad little nations that can't do anything but continue with nations like this one where you can do some things.

CSK said:
Interesting idea. I love these kind of games, although changing by rulers without defined countries is even better than those changing every ten or so years. Can I wish you luck in this case? Anyway, I'm eager to see what country you will play next time. Just a question though, could you possibly play the same nation twice?

Yes you can be same kingdom twice if that program I use randomly choosing the country choose it again, but not right after each other. Like getting the same nation after the king dies. We just have to see what happens.

An interesting way to play - truly guiding a kingdom but allowing them to go their own once your tenure is up. I'm curious to see how effective this will be. Good luck.

Very interesting idea of how to go about things. Just a brief beginning though.

Wezqu said:
Yes you can be same kingdom twice if that program I use randomly choosing the country choose it again, but not right after each other. Like getting the same nation after the king dies. We just have to see what happens.
Good, thanks. :)

What kind of program is it you're using?

stnylan said:
Very interesting idea of how to go about things. Just a brief beginning though.

Well these are short for a reason there is quite hard to keep these rulers alive they always seem to die on the worst moment. How long the chapter depends how long I manage to play with the king. In some cases he might even die month later I took control. The chaos in the system is the thing I'm trying to make here. I already finished the second king and to say I only controlled him for about a year believe or not. As I might asume control when they are already ending their tenure.

CSK said:
Good, thanks.

What kind of program is it you're using?

Its quite basic random generator that takes random line from a text file. I have listed all the countries in one notepad file and use it to determine what country I will play.

It's not going to be quite as fun if you start getting those 2-3 year kings a lot, though.

Great idea, anyways.

Wezqu said:
Well these are short for a reason there is quite hard to keep these rulers alive they always seem to die on the worst moment. How long the chapter depends how long I manage to play with the king. In some cases he might even die month later I took control. The chaos in the system is the thing I'm trying to make here. I already finished the second king and to say I only controlled him for about a year believe or not. As I might asume control when they are already ending their tenure.

Oh I quite understand. It was more a comment on that facet of the game than a criticism of the post :).

likk9922 said:
It's not going to be quite as fun if you start getting those 2-3 year kings a lot, though.

Great idea, anyways.

Yeah if I have some short time kings I will make several kings to same update to make it bigger update. Also the country that I had only one year long playing time could be explained that the country really needed better leader that it formerly had. He might have been good military leader but domestic issues were bad. The country was almost bankrupt.

You know what would be interesting... if you took a big and powerful country (France, OE, Ming) and intentionally drove it into the ground, to see how the nations around it would react to the new power vaccuum. Besides, this Quantum Leaper guy probably gets bored once in a while from being such a do-gooder... So it'd still be in character. ;)

Lol, now I know why some countries just get pwned in history. It's the guy being bored. Wow, that'll explain quite a few things.

Hitler started WWII because he was annoyed having to play some European king during the 100 years of peace before WWI. :eek:o

Sr. Toledo said:
You know what would be interesting... if you took a big and powerful country (France, OE, Ming) and intentionally drove it into the ground, to see how the nations around it would react to the new power vaccuum. Besides, this Quantum Leaper guy probably gets bored once in a while from being such a do-gooder... So it'd still be in character. ;)

Well I third leader has been played I will update this in couble of days about to second and third. I was quite happy that the third country was destroyed so I could finally get to another country that damn leader didn't want to die it seems.

Don't wait nothing big from those two nothing too spectacular happened in them.

Chapter 2 - To dust till yawn...

Well next thing I knew was that it was cold as Russian's hell. What the hell I just said? I looked around seeing me to be standing outside a tent staring down group of other tents. I sighted upwards and saw banner of blue that had three crowns on it. I shouted in suprise "Sweden! why the hell I ended up here and top of it middle of winter!!". Some soldiers looked me like I was gone mad. Well of course yelling to be in Sweden when I should really know I'm in Sweden as I am the king is quite sane... Who am I again. I searched my brain for a answer and finally found it. Gustav I son of Karl VIII who died fighting Denmark's and Norway's armies. This Gustav I was living up to his father as military leader. He had managed to keep Sweden in one piece by some miracle.

I soon went to Stockholm to check how the rest of the things is going. It was my luck indeed Sweden was going bankrupt and this Gustav I only hired more troops to make it even faster. So first thing was to disband some unneeded troops. Our dear general somehow thinks that Sweden should be a great naval power as his first national idea was to get more prestige in naval battles. Well his great navy was not much as great but not bad start. The war really did its job to get people to be quite angry as army got most of the food so I decided to spent money to get people to be happier. In mean while I arranged a deal of marriage of my or his cousin to Scotlands prince. As I knew this Gustav I was growing weaker every day. I knew that he will die any day. So in 30, June 1457 he died.

The same rutine than before and again I found myself in somewhere else. I couldn't believe it I was huge. This guy has really had totally too much to eat. Even getting up was hard, but at least the senery was great. Nice ocean view. Then I again started to search my new name from this brain and I manged to find it even it made me hungry. I'm Giovanni Compagnoni elected leader of small Italian state Siena. It was really great Tuscany in north with huge army and my ally Papal State in the south. I quite frankly guessed already that this might get really boring as I can't attack Tuscany or Papal State and even if I attacked either of them they would run my army over quite fast. Well couble years gone past as I tried to get some trading money. I was quite frankly bored out of my life until Papal State was attacked by Sicily. I didn't even bother to check who they were allied with I joined the war to defend our ally. Then I see Aragon and Venice in war with us great more the merrier. Well I sent my troops to defend Rome but they were quickly beaten. Sicily quickly conquered and annex them. Suddenly I was not anymore war against Sicily or Aragon but I was still against Venice. So I sent all my troops to Romanga and besieged it until it surrendered. I was quite frankly sure that Venice can't launch a big attack as they didn't have military access trough Ferrara. So they only did small landings that was easilly stopped. This went on several years as I didn't anymore even care and the war didn't really hurt our economy. They suffered more of the war than us and soon their revolt risk was on the roof. Then Sicily decided that it was Siena also and I knew that it was the end I didn't have any chance to win them and I was quite close to be in bankrupt. Well Aragon joined the war and landed troops taking Siena. They still couldn't annex as we were still holding Romanga. They several times tried to turn us in to a puppet country I knew if that happens this country wont never get up and it would be same as giving it to them. Well soon Sicily's troops invaded Romanga and sieged it. I could see Aragon destroying the last pieces of Siena's goverment until I once again found myself in someone elses shoes.

Last edited:
tsoky said:
Can you take control of a republic? I think their leaders change regularly, don't they? What will you do in this case?

Well yeah you can. Also in the game rebublic rulers don't always change so frequently, because even in real life there is rebublics where there has been rulers that have ruled almost to their death. Siena was a rebublic and that guy didn't die or change. I was quite fustrated when he just kept going. I was quite happy that it got annexed.

Let's hope the next one gives you some chance to get stuck in.

Chapter 3: Peace and War...​

Well I didn't go too far as I was again staring the Mediterranean sea. I quickly checked where I ended up to. Little to the west it seems as I was now the king of Savoy Amedeo VIII son of Ludovico I. He really liked the booze that might have also been the reason that killed him. This Amedeo VIII was quite a fellow. He had himself included in three different war. Two of those were succession wars and one aggression war. In one of those wars he had lost Savoie to Bradenburg. I already knew that I wouldn't be in this body long as he was deadly ill. I tried to improve what I could but at 30 November, 1470 he died and I found myself somewhere else.

Dry weather is nice after several years near a ocean. I took the place of Chief 'Ali III ruler of Timurin Empire. History of the chiefs of this arabic nation was grim. Both 'Ali III father and grandfather had died inside one year of taking the reigns of power and both in the same war. The war started when Persia attacked Najd ally of Timurin Empire. They honored the call and what they get from it. Two dead kings and still they lost the war and several provinces had to ceded to Persia. Stability of the nation was in the gutters but I managed to improve it a little. I still thought that I will not let 'Ali III to go down in history as a man who lost a war. I turned my eyes on Rajputana who has involved himself in several wars with his many neighbors. I saw my opportunity change how the history will remember him. Soon I moved my troops to the border and declared war. Battles were massive and me leading the main troops we managed take several provinces and free some other nations of Rajputana's troops. After two years of fighting they finally agreed to our demands and ceded Thar, Jaisalmer, Jodphur and Kathiawar. After the peace was signed I went after rebels who plagued our nation as our main force was in the battle field. In Indus we finally managed to face the rebels and the mist of the battle I was killed by some rebel scum. I saw the battle go on as I was once again draged away to some other country.

Last edited: