• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
EDIT: I have a question. Since I have pretty much done just about everything I can with this game, except for, of course, the eventual conquering and hindu-ising of Europe, what should I take on as my next challenge? I took on this playing as Vijayanagar since playing Euros/Otto's were getting maybe a little TOO easy :p. Should I perhaps up the difficulty to hard and try a Euro country again(playing on normal. Its the most fair cause I can't exploit the VH AI for cash and we are on even ground in all regards, with only lucky AI's getting bonuses), or something else?

Tried Ireland yet? That'll give you a proper dislike for the English. I've had some amazing luck in my current game(like Castille destroying the English navy) and its still a pain. Though France finally ate enough of its vassals for myself to sneak into their alliance so it should be smooth sailing now.

Hm, Greater Germany? Red? 2114? :S

I used Nazi red as the nation color of Greater Germany because to form it one needs to own and have cores on all germanic nations/provinces which was one of hitlers goals in annexing austria. After forming Greater Germany your government changes to facism which decreases revolt risk and population, but increases infamy by 1.5 a year. And yes, I run a no time mod because I think its silly that the world ceases to exist after 1820. If there were working EU3 to Victoria 2 converters I would get that game and wouldnt worry about no time mods in this one.

I used Nazi red as the nation color of Greater Germany because to form it one needs to own and have cores on all germanic nations/provinces which was one of hitlers goals in annexing austria. After forming Greater Germany your government changes to facism which decreases revolt risk and population, but increases infamy by 1.5 a year. And yes, I run a no time mod because I think its silly that the world ceases to exist after 1820. If there were working EU3 to Victoria 2 converters I would get that game and wouldnt worry about no time mods in this one.

But using Napoleonic Lancers till 2114 is kosher?

Time doesn't end. The ability of the game to properly(or as close to as possible) model the world does.

Last edited:
EDIT: I have a question. Since I have pretty much done just about everything I can with this game, except for, of course, the eventual conquering and hindu-ising of Europe, what should I take on as my next challenge? I took on this playing as Vijayanagar since playing Euros/Otto's were getting maybe a little TOO easy :p. Should I perhaps up the difficulty to hard and try a Euro country again(playing on normal. Its the most fair cause I can't exploit the VH AI for cash and we are on even ground in all regards, with only lucky AI's getting bonuses), or something else?

Conquer/colonise all of Asia, then Africa, but don't take a single province in Europe. Who needs them anyway? :p

Heres my current Moscow game:

After a somewhat slow start due to everyone making alliances with each other, now im starting to expand beyond Russian lands. Most of the land i took came from defensive wars, so with reduced BB - awesome.

First 50 years Ottomans were kicking everyone's butt in Balkans and Anatolia (they annexed Aydin, Saruhan, Knights and snatched a few islands from Venice/Genoa) but then they made a mistake of answering Golden Horde's call to arms against me, which ended badly for them in the long run. Here you can see results some 25 years later: Byzantines have revived from being reduced to 3 province minor - they kicked Italians out of most their provinces and Crusader states were also destroyed. A few years ago they even went on a personal crusade to Syria, passing through Ottomans, which was great, i couldnt believe it, since i removed all Anatolian cores and stuff. :D

Byzantium, 1713.

eu3.jpg

Seems like I'm doing pretty well, right? Well, looks can be deceiving. I inherited Austria, and a globe spanning Great Britain at the same time as I had a huge amount of war exhaust from a long war.

Now I have no troops or ships near any of GB's areas, and by the time I got any out to there I had already lost a lot of territories to the rebels, then I'd get that event where more rebels spawn when a province is occupied, and the game's just been an annoying game of whack-a-mole for the last five years. Least fun experience of eu3 in a while.

An inheritance should be a good thing! Not...This. Why don't you keep their troops, anyway?

Freaking Kosovo, always a liability hey?

Grats on non-ugly borders and a fine case of Wondering Georgia. :D

111755702-4.jpg

111755698-4.jpg

No, I did not cheat the money. I have demanded max war score in every war I could since the beginning of the game, often gaining 2-3k per war from countries like lithuania, poland, persia, and many other mega blobs that no longer exist in a worthwhile form. Throw in the massive number of CoTs I control and you have a recipe for gold to rival King Midas. I earn -135d a month and +3000 at the end of each year with 0 inflation.

Lol how about Greater Germany dictatorship in 1488 with cores on Polish lands and Himmler as 5-star Grand Judge
That would be more appropriate I guess?

Take and Convert all of Asia first

(In regards to Hindustan on page before this one)

Convert most of my provinces to Hindu, take the rest of Asia, convert those provinces, hold back the European hordes, AND fulfill my goal of colonizing the New World?

challenge-accepted.jpg

My Russian Empire

eu3russiaworldmap.jpg

The Russian Empire, 1618, the most powerful and blobby nation in the world, with the largest armies, income and the most provinces, not even le blob could tackle it. Constantly pestered by annoying rebels, the creator of this Empire has decided to ragequit the boring life of Czar of the most powerful nation in the world to play as one of the other nations, maybe that tiny little Prussia over there...
Im westernized but haven't yet reformed the Military, and if I were to continue playing my goal would be to conquer all of mainland Europe, but that would be pretty boring, except for the encounters with France, the Holy Roman Emperor, and watching my little 7-ship fleet get sunk by the Wooden Wall of England if it decided to leave its port. Instead, Im going to switch to another nation and dismantle Russia. Maybe I'll make an AAR out of it...
Military:
eu3russiaarmies.jpg

Pie Charts:
eu3russiappiecharts.jpg

You'll see that Im not fully Orthodox, thats because the penalty from Innovative put me at
-25 missionaries per year or something like that.
I had some close calls making the Empire, mainly after diplo-annexing Novgorod, where I had a lot of rebels pouring out of everywhich where, a war with Genoa and most of Europe, and then Blobthuania wardecced me, but I managed to crawl out of that. And then I had another one where I just had bad luck and got put down to -3 stab by events and such, with 0 legitimacy, and wars with every horde nation around me and Lithuania.
Ming used to be massive, stretching all the way to that inland sea, but something happened, I think they released Oirat Horde as a vassal when they had too many revolts, and Wu emerged. They're now a pretty minor player. Korea used to be large as well but Manchu managed to fight them back into there peninsula where they belong.
Funny stuff happened in Africa as well, with Morocco controlling the entire north and even a part of Northern England o_O, which caused Northumbria to revolt as a muslim Sultanate...
The HRE title switched hands a lot, Bohemia lost it to Austria, who lost it to Hesse of all nations, who lost it to Austria, who lost it to Brabant, and between them they've enacted all of three reforms -.-.
Oh, and as you can see, Denmark into'd space. They won the wars against Sweden (mainly because of me force converting them to Orthodox :cool: and destroying there army) and I think they're going to form Scandinavia soon!
EDIT: Sorry about the wall of stuff, its larger than I expected it to be :S