• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i want Serb empires or atleast some Neapolitan :/

eu3mapser1733371.jpg

eu3mapser1733372.jpg

Good enough? :D
It's 1733. I wen't on a conquering spree in west Africa afterwards, but I forgot to take a pic.

wait... whats that bright yellow in south america?

Genoa. 90% of their provinces are in South America. Whole Tuscany is in North America and Venice in Africa. It's the great Italian migration :D

Also, Hansa holds much of North America, and even Karaman has a dozen of colonies there (they had even more, but I'v made them release the Native American nations).

Oh and that blue thing west of Madagascar is not France - it's Korea :)

Macknull - I minted at full level for my initial war with Manchu, and built up an army of about 11,000. I retreated into Korea, scorching the border provinces, and attacked the Manchu stack after they had moved further in, encircling them and destroying them. Their war exhaustion got pretty high and the Mongols revolted from them, so they faced a two-front war and were soon annexed. Then I took on the Mongols using similar tactics. From there expansion was pretty smooth going. My inflation got up to about 7, but I got it back down to 0.

TheCheeseMaster - I am thinking about it, but my focus at the moment is on dominating mainland SE Asia (the mega-Lau Xiang on my map collapsed into several nations after my wars with them, and I'm picking them off), and getting a border with a Muslim-tech country for Westernization.

An update of my HRE game, notice that Portugal, Castille, Aragon, and Spain exist at the same time.

EU3_6-1.jpg

EU3_7-1.jpg

EDIT: Spains capital is Tangiers, and Great Britain has collapsed several times over since my war with them and my constant funding of rebels. I intend to have GB release England as a free nation soon.

EDIT: oh and a final note, this is newest beta patch, but the game started in vanilla as Holland.

Last edited:
i want Serb empires or atleast some Neapolitan :/

images

This is all I have so far, but then again its only 1448, so I think that this is pretty impressive:

EU3_24-1.jpg

EU3_25-1.jpg

Now, if you look closely, you can see that the Ottomans are my vassals! PAYBACK!!!!

What isn't shown on here is the fact that Castille is no longer Catholic: its orthodox! We went to war against each other a while ago, and due to the fact that I had military access through just about everybody, I was able to march my army all the way from Serbia to Castille and occupy enough provinces to force them to accept Orthodox, the only true faith!

EDIT: Played a little farther, no wars, but instead I secured a PU! Wanna know who it is? Here ya go!:

EU3_27-1.jpg

Oh those poor, poor Frenchies....

Last edited:
I dont think youll be able to keep it though.

I was worried about that, too, so I immediately concentrated all funds on french-serbian relations. I managed to get +1 relationship mere days before my monarch died.

I was worried about that, too, so I immediately concentrated all funds on french-serbian relations. I managed to get +1 relationship mere days before my monarch died.

Did you inheirit, if you did, i would reccomend releasing them as a vassal.

Did you inheirit, if you did, i would reccomend releasing them as a vassal.

No,thank god. I would have released them as a vassal immediately. Me and rebvels don't like each other after the time I inherited Ming as Hindustan.

No,thank god. I would have released them as a vassal immediately. Me and rebvels don't like each other after the time I inherited Ming as Hindustan.

That would have been ugly, luckily you wouldve had a land connection though.

I started playing EU3 Complete (via Steam) some weeks back, but while learning I used some cheats (SHAME ON ME!! :rolleyes:). I was completely hooked since then and decided to buy DW on Steam, starting with achievements etc, without cheats..
Started as France first on normal difficulty but that was darn hard! Since I started with Castille on my first game, I restarted a campaign on easy, doing it the right way. This is my current empire:

eu31c.png

It's 1518 with my 4th ruler. Had one regency council due to a premature death (a 3 year old girl can't rule a country :D). Had Portugal as an ally for a long time. They've helped me conquer Morocco, but kept two regions for themselves. Also, the red/turquoise you see is a disputed part of Great-Brittain/Guyenne. I think that in a few years most of France is gone..
Songhai is also on the brink of war. I beat them down once already, creating Kanem Bornu, but they keep sending insults etc.
One thing you might notice is my large expansion drift.. Since I didn't want to involve myself with GB (their armies and navy is HUGE), I went south and west (partially due to some missions I got).

eu32.png

Here is a religion map.. I converted all of Algiers and Morocco to Catholisism. A few years back protestantism began to spread, which I denounced. I became DoF and papal controller. My next mission is to conquer Pisa and Rome, 'Gods will' :p.
You can see that some of my colonies are somewhat Protestant. This is due to mass migration or something. I have a few years until the negative modifier for my missionaries wears off. After that everything will be Catholic again :rolleyes:.

eu3mapcas151811211.png

The current world map.. As you can see Great Brittain has been busy. They have Iceland, part of Norway, Aragon and Caux/Callais. For myself (Castille) I would really like to make one Spanish Nation, but since GB keeps pushing Aragon, I'm skipping it for now.
(I started as an allied Iberia, having captured Granada solo, allying Portugal, Navarra and Aragon. Eventually England (before GB..) declared war on Aragon. Portugal joined our side in the war and we managed to recapture parts of Aragon that were taken by England by then. After a while England came back with huge armies, capturing Aragon leaving only Allicante and Barcelona. They left the alliance and since then I haven't tried anymore)

eu3mapcas151811212.png

Well.. me and my vassals. Here you can clearly see the extend of my Empire. I have colonised La Plata, the lesser Caribbians, most of Western Africa. I also control Cape Verde, The Canaries and Azores. My latest conquest is Protestant Modena, which wanted to overthrow Catholisism. Eventually I want to control most regions around the Holy See so that it is 'safe'.
As you can also see, Mali is a vassal. It gave me too much trouble in the beginning but I don't know what to do with it yet. Also, Tunesia was a vassal for almost 70 years. They helped me defend against the Ottomans (Jihad :/), and serve as a 'buffer' between the rest of Arabia.

Next up: strengthening my trade, lowering the inflation and rebuilding armies (the expansion took a heavy toll during the regency council at 1490-1500). When I'm on my feet again I will colonise the rest of the coast of South America (so that everything is interconnected), getting dominance over exotic trade goods. Eventually.. one Spain and a Catholic Italy under Spanish protection :D.

Sorry about the long post, but I'm just THAT excited about this game.. ;)

Last edited: