• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Blinkingsky

Second Lieutenant
40 Badges
Dec 16, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III
Hello, and welcome to my first AAR in a while(hopefully this one will last from beginning to end!).

I'll use the Ottomans for this AAR because they are the nation I have used by far the most, and thus I know them better than any other nation. I am also playing the Balance Improvement Mod version 2.4b instead of vanilla DW, because I find the mod more enjoyable than vanilla. It'll be normal difficulty and default settings for the most part.

House Rules:

1)No DOW'ing without a CB
2)No breaking the infamy limit, if I can help it
3)No cheating, no save and reloading unless something gamebreaking happens, and no rage-quitting if I just fail instead of the game failing.

Goals:

1)Establish the historical Ottoman empire at its height, as seen here: http://www.allaboutturkey.com/img/ottoman-empire-1580.gif, before the year reaches 1580.
2)Convert all provinces I control to Sunni by the end of the game
3)Conquer all of Italy and link it up with my empire in Greece
4)Do what the historical Turks failed to do, which is conquer the area Vienna is in and the area Malta is in.
5)Conquer all of Russia
6)Reestablish the Achamenid Empire

The first update will be tomorrow morning for me, after I wake up.

Last edited:
You could do what the Turks failed to do, Take Vienna and/or Malta. Or you could conquer Russia

Thanks everybody for the goal suggestions-I am going to attempt all of them, although taking over Russia and reestablishing the Achamenid Empire are the least likely to succeed. But anyways, on to the first update!

Update 1-Beginnings

Ah, you always gotta love the start of a new game-so fresh and full of opportunities for victory, defeat, and for Europe to go completely bonkers with borders. Hopefully those last two don't happen, but at least if Europe does go bonkers we can all laugh. But now, on to evaluating the state of the Ottomans:

EU3_1-1.png
EU3_3.png

Pretty good ruler+heir, a great starting advisor, and one of the better starting missions that I have ever gotten. Now, to do the first slider move of the game.

EU3_2.png

A hell of a lot better than a negative stability hit, that's for sure.

EU3_4-1.png

Might as well get started on that mission of mine.

EU3_6-1.png

The only battle of the war, really, and besides Achaea reaching Morea before me and thus controlling the siege, there was nothing else of note.

Once Thrace was occupied, I decided to get started on a shot-term goal of mine: reclaiming all of my cores.

EU3_11-1.png
EU3_13-1.png
EU3_16-1.png

Each of those wars only had 1 major battle at most before the enemy armies were wiped out and their provinces put under siege.

EU3_20-1.png

I just can't deal with the nomads right now without focusing on them entirely, since they have no other enemies in this theater for them right now besides the Mamluks. I'll try and get them next time they come knocking instead.

And then suddenly, there was annexations everwhere.

EU3_21-1.png
EU3_25-1.png

Oh yeah, and Achaea made white peace with Byzantium, allowing me to finally take Morea and finish my mission.

EU3_29-1.png
EU3_30-1.png

Meh. After I finish off Ramazan, I'll start that mission.

EU3_32-1.png

Speak of the devil. Well, lets get this war started then!

EU3_35-1.png

I'm not even going to bother saying how ridiculously easy it was to beat these guys. I'll just show you the peace deals I gave them:

EU3_38-1.png
EU3_42-1.png
EU3_43-1.png

The Knights was taking too long to siege, so I let them live a little while longer-until I get the mission to conquer them, in any case. Speaking of missions...

EU3_44-1.png

Not that bad of one. Venice'll be annoying to fight, but nothing that I can't handle. Before I start another war, though, I better release Ragusa.

EU3_45-1.png

I only annexed them the first time around to make them Sunni so they can convert that province for me. I'm going to be pretty innovative for a while to westernize, after all, so having as many people converting provinces to Sunni will be a big help. I didn't do it to Trebizond because I don't want to get too much infamy yet.

And that's the end of the first update! Overall, I have made some good progress with reclaiming my cores-only 3 of them remain, and I plan on getting them all.

Now, to list my short-term goals:

-Conquer southern Greece and complete my mission.
-Reclaim my cores, which will drive the Italians out of Greece.
-Make government type into empire and move capital to Thrace(didn't have enough income/high enough ruler admin before).

And that's it. Expect my next update some time in the next 1-2 days.

Great beginning and how do you get "The rise of an empire"??

For once go for narrow minded and hire a missioner, there is a decision for yearly missioner increase. Then if I were first go after the centralization then innovativeness...