• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(106498)

Lt. General
Jul 5, 2008
1399 DW 5.1 Hard Gameplay AAR.

Single player playing OE

For all the times England, Spain, France, Venice, Timurids, GH, Austria, Mamaluks, Byzantines, and everyone else has been in Turkey when they shouldn't have....

I will give the Ottoman Empire some payback!!!

Objectives: Kill everyone everywhere as much as possible.

Awesome! I'm going to play an Ottomans game soon, and I'm interested in your plans.

Just sped through your Vij AAR, and of course I'm a fan of Crimson Snow, so I will subscribe to this one as well!

Mmmkay. Rules: No save-reload, no modified files, no mods, no console commands, no war without CB, will attempt to do missions but may cancel if I think I can do more killing with an alternate mission. Everything in my AAR will be the result of luck (or lack of it) player strategy, and the randomness of the AI as coded in DW 5.1. Therefor anything you see should be able to be duplicated in your own game.

I will attempt to be at war at least 90% of the time with at least 1 country, and no 'fake' wars vs some guy landlocked in the center of the HRE, at least not intentionally. Well, until I -reach- the center of the HRE at least. I will try to expand as frequently as my nation can tolerate, attempt to wipe out armies whenever possible, (especially Engish and Spanish armies! GRRR!) and be belligerent to all nations who are not my vassal, and maybe even them.

Diplomats dispatched to the world: Crude drawings of an explicit and derogatory nature sent to everyone explaining just what the OE thinks of them!

And with that, I begin!

Awesome. Eternal war!

Any long term goals regarding colonisation, China, India, Russia ETC?

It's really not super complex this time, just going to kill everyone I can. :) First 25 years or so I don't think I've been not at war once yet, lol, and usually at war with many at once. :p I've nicked provinces off all 3 hordes I border so I'm just colonizing in every direction more or less.

This one will take a while, have to play at speed 2 with a 360 degree front and lots of naval forces landing troops everywhere.

Great, another one! I'll follow, and for the sake of full disclosure, I haven't played an Ottoman game in a while. :laugh:

Day one. OE was at war with Timmies. Slider shift-->Centralized. 3 Diplomats. 3 wardecs declared on neighbors with cores. They made alliances, called in allies.

Whatever. Die.

I started war taxes, because if I was going to be at constant war, it would be more fun to have high WE to go with it. With the money came more troops, so I didn't care. I wanted to kill people, and rebels are people to. I didn't discriminate.

In alternate parallel timelines, OE had been wronged. Abused. Invaded. Subjugated. Converted. Humiliated. Rarely did it reach it's true potential or fullfil it's rightful destiny. Now it was time to undo all of that!

OE13991.jpg

I got another diplomat and declared another war. Byzantium tried to ride the OE victory wave. HA! They would get theirs soon enough. Byz troops looked for some territory to attack, but it was too late. OE armies were everywhere. I started annexing.

Timurids sent some forces in. OE troops killed them. They sent a few more forces and they died too. Allies of our victims sent in troops. They died. Their navies died. They sued for peace. I gave it too them, for now. In 1402 I annexed the last Turkish nation with our cores. Yawn. My troops played poker. No massive Tim army yet.

OE14021.jpg

I decided that the 20% stability increase in cost in stability from Jizya isn't horrible enough, so the Sultan became Khalifa, adding another 8%. Sweet! The Mamaluks declared war. Mmmkay.

OE14023.jpg

The Tims sent more token forces, and they died. Mams sent a 25k force to the border, but were affraid of the 15k stack in Mus. I Killed many Mamuluk ships, because their leader was obviously brilliant and sent them to block our strait one at a time. Jalayarids attacked Mamaluks after making peace with Tims. Mams split their force.

Mistake. I wiped out half of that 25k army. Jalayarids got the other half I 'think'. Tims sent another attack on Mus, but my border force got their first to beat them down.

OE14031.jpg

I chased the Tim army and destroyed it. ZZZzzz Boring. Where were they?! Still no mega-doom stacks from Tims. I assaulted Van, and sent colonists. Tims sent more men and they died. GH captured Budjak, and soon I'd have another Horde war. 15k troops were waiting.

OE14034.jpg

In 1404, the war with GH started. I WP'd Mams, thinking I was about to be in huge fights on two fronts. Someone else was assaulting in Budjak, so I just waited. I continued fighting the Tims in the East. I now had 20k on the Eastern front.

The Tims 'almost' pushed me out of Van, until I doubled up on them with both armies in the East. I realized my troops were not indestructable enough to take on the odds I was intending for them to take on.

OE14051.jpg

I changed my NI to Mil Drill. Conscripts wasn't worthwhile at that point. I got kinda bored with no big Tim attacks or GH attacks, so I attacked and annexed Georgia, getting another Horde on my border.

OE14055.jpg

Qara Koyunlu. Whatever. I went after their army. They ran. I chased. They died. I looked at my mission. Vassalize Wallachia. Snore. I started another war. They became my vassals. Meh. Where were the Hordes!?!

OE14056.jpg

New Mission. City of the World's Desire. Yay! I started building more troops. I killed more Tims, still comming in a trickle. They were eating half of India it looked like. Then for reasons unknown...

OE14061.jpg

Cool! More people for me to kill. They brought allies. Their navy kicked my navy in the nuts. Too many Carracks! I started building a couple. I killed their armies, but they were arriving all over in little groups. I peaced out with GH since they were too busy to fight me for now. My troops started killing naval landing forces instead of standing there scratching themselves waiting for the GH to come.

Tims offered concead defeat. Declined. I had a colony baking. Colonist failed. Over and Over. Sigh. A couple years passed with me killing small naval invasions and single Tim stacks that happened into my area. Then Tims made peace. Not with me. With everyone else. And then their first big army showed up. Yay! I had armies too, so not that big of a threat. I took heavy losses this fight because it took a long time for my reinforcements to show up.

OE14081.jpg

Then FINALLY my first horde province defected to me. Erserum did earlier, but from rebels who I didn't even sponsor. :p

OE14082.jpg

After killing all the naval landing forces that showed up, Morocco asked for peace. Mmkay. For now. Till I have more naval power. Shouldn't Spain have been killing them by now? Fighting France. Never mind. Game was taking an odd turn already. And then came the Tims! Yay!!

I was so happy to see them. And then more of them. And then more of them. Hmm. Ok, maybe too many. I moved all my troops over to fight them back, but then the Qara whoever guys who'd built another stack started sieging from the other direction. I was chasing armies around and driving them back, but they'd move south and regain strength while mine were still fighting other stacks. Then they'd come back and reinforce, and my troops were starting to have trouble!

OE14091.jpg

I hadn't moved enough forces over from the West in time to deal with everything the Tims were throwing at me with this rotating army thing that was wearing down my armies. I had another problem too! I knew I'd be at war with the GH soon who was beating the snot out of everyone in the West. With only so many colonist per year I didn't need to be at war with all three at once all the time, I couldn't sustain it if they were all focused in on me, so I peaced out with the Tims.

Over the first decade there were also a few other wars not mentioned as you might have seen from the war icons in the screenshots. In situations where the other nation(s) did not do anything significant (sending 1 transport with 1 army every 6 months for example) I am not going to bother mentioning it, because I'll have -many- of those wars and they're just not worth discusing. And that is where I'll leave the first update!

Last edited:
Wow, this update is so bloodthirsty! Incredible!

Nicely done.