• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Uniting the HRE is always fun.
Year 1600. Roughly 80 years I think since I united the HRE as Bohemia.
I finally finished colonizing all of the Timurid provinces a decade or so ago. Most of the nomads survived long into the 1500s until getting crushed between me and Manchu.
f3U5k.jpg

This is my Aragon game, I did finish this game all the way, but I didn't take a screenshot, because I go Divine Wind, but worked hard for pretty borders and would like to share anyway.
EU3_MAP_ARA_174381_1.jpg
heres the just aragon
EU3_MAP_ARA_174381_2.jpg

Here is my unfinished Ethiopia Empire. This was easily the hardest most frustrating game. The rebels were crazy. Luckily Venice took and coverted Judea and I took a neighboring province from a weak Mamluks, westernize and sold it, because a gaint ottomon empire and morrocan empire were heading that way.
If you were reading this and looked at the picture you would say what Morrocan and ottomon empires. Yeah those are gone now, one was invaded by france and the other one became a cluster f*&# of rebels.

Also Blue in India is me and one light blue colony in South America is mine
EU3_MAP_ETH_1630310_1.jpg

Also notice those hideous new world colonies? Well these all the colonists of the world...
In south america...
Leige, France, Ethiopia, Naples, Holland, Sweden
North America
Leige,Holstein, Hansa, England, Scotland,Russia,Venice,Sweden,Castile, hainuat and denmark.
Africa
Ethiopia, Holland, Holstein, Papal States, Galica,England, Naples, Leige, France, Vijayanager

Impressive Ethiopia. Are you spreading the orthodox faith?

I did a few Ethiopia games in HTTT, I agree one of the most frustrating games you'll ever play, but very rewarding if you can pull it off.

so far in DW all my new worlds have looked hideous just like yours. I hope the trend doesn't continue. Its just seems like Castille/England/Portugal always get dragged in some continental war, end up forgetting to colonize until most of europe can and then its all piece meal provinces scattered everywhere.

nice arnold quote too ;)

oh one last thing... is that Malaya I see? lol, I just did a Makassar -> Malaya game. I could recognize that ugly orange brown color anywhere. I was really kind of disturbed when my borders changed from that beautiful green color to this hideous orange-brown... love the flag though.

Last edited:
Had us fooled there Boyo'

Also here's my Italian Colonial empire.

I control the Yugoslavia area, the Carribean and some Indian islands.
I am also Number one in everything except prestige because of high BB and low legit.
But I am extremely far ahead in Tech :D
It's only 1508 so I have a long way to go.
EU3_MAP_ITA_150869_1.jpg

who is in france, never seen that colour

Oh it's Provence alright....It was a 'bout of rage at France Embargoing me for the 18th time. So I invaded him after DiploAnnexing my Vassal (Provence). Then Steamrolled France with my MIGHTY ITALIAN ARMY

Really really really short game as Athens, start in the 1454? scenario and ended in 1462 due to bankruptcy etc etc...

Too tiny too be viewable from space so here's a close up.
athenia.jpg

Yeah... :p first DW game.

Try 1405-1409. 1453 leaves you without weak states to pry on, and also with less time to get your trade tech on par with Castile's before the colonial race begins, if you go that avenue.

Edit: About bankruptcy, mint a bit. :p As such a small state, you can handle inflation without your tech costs getting too high.

Lorraine in 1820:
EU3_MAP_LOR_1820629_1.jpg

Been the HRE forever, enacted reforms to make it hereditary but stopped there. I intended to release the nations of the new world and organize them via selling provinces but I was unable to release any state in the new world for some reason. So I had to make due w/ aiding the ones that revolted elsewhere. Chile(orange in South America) got the most of my favor w/ provinces and war subsidies, though it still couldn't extricate itself from a war w/ Scandinavia. :/ USA revolted in Georgia/Florida, Haiti is in Nova Scotia, Paraguay at the mouth of the Amazon, Brazil in Brazil but smaller and La Platia to the north of Chile(modern Para/Uraguay and S brazil). Colombia, Peru, UCA, and Mexico all had cores but like I said I couldn't release them for what ever reason.

You couldn't release them because their primary culture was incorrect. Also, Brazil is in Brazil... that's something you don't see everyday. Heck, Brazil in South America is enough surprise on its own.

I decided that since my empire now only barely fits on a single image, this is a good time to post an update (previous image is in post #1443)
rqOIH.jpg

Planning to go after Oman or Manchu next, or maybe take the rest of the Indian sub-continent.

I've already taken some of their land. I'll take the rest of their European provinces (they own quite a bit of Northern America. They also owned some of South and Central America, but I made them release that) later sometime.
I don't have any CB on them, though.

I'm now at war with Oman, BTW. Planning to take some of their northern provinces.

Meneth, you've conquered a lot of non-HRE countries (all of Russia, most of Scandinavia, Hungary, the Balkans, France)... it's 1644 and you barely have any BB; since I'm playing a similar game but am WAY over the BB limit, I'm wondering what you did.

Meneth, you've conquered a lot of non-HRE countries (all of Russia, most of Scandinavia, Hungary, the Balkans, France)... it's 1644 and you barely have any BB; since I'm playing a similar game but am WAY over the BB limit, I'm wondering what you did.
My game is somewhat modded, so BB cost per province is only 2.5 instead of 4.
But the main reason why my BB is so low, is that most of Russia was occupied by hordes, as colonizing their provinces gives no BB. For the rest of my wars I've mostly used Cleansing of Heresy (from the NI Unam Sanctum) and Holy War CBs. Sadly, as I just passed 1650, I'm no longer getting Holy War CBs.
Also, controlling cardinals helps reduce infamy by 0.1 per cardinal per year. Currently I'm getting -1.3 infamy from cardinals alone.