• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hail Brasilia! Hail Reverse Colonisation!

Well I must say... I was lucky! I managed to amount a high enough warscore really fast to get my goals, but those Spanish troops turning around would really cause me trouble if I refused their offer. Their war exhaustion was terribly high, so I guess they were a bit lenient with me :p

Great update again, thank you for chapter 5, you are set for the contest with that!

Please keep updating neverthless, I surly want to read on and my congratulations to Brazil :)

@ Commandante: I hope that will be a part of my next chapter. It might be a bit delayed, but it'll come out soon.
@ gianlucad: Well, one could say "Brasilia" is the personification of Brazil. Something like the indian in this picture, who is not called Brasilia as far as I know, but could as well be called that. Dom Pedro I saved this "Brasilia" from the threat of the snake guy at the bottom, the Absolutism! :eek: So heroic...

The Contest has reached its end now, and is closed for further chapters!

Anything posted after this posting will not be taken in account from any judge.
You are also free to continue your AAR in any style and form that you prefer,
and arnt bound by any contest rules any more.

Thank you very much for your participation!

The final Overview Posting is here!

The judging is in progress, watch the contest thread
for the announcment of the scores as soon as i get them. :)

Hi! I'm happy to know there's still interest :) Really really sorry for the lack of updates, I'm still stuck with some things to do in RL, but I promise there'll be an update as soon as possible :)

Moar...? Pretty please?:D

It's been three weeks, It would be nice to have an update before another three weeks pass, if that's okay. :)

The Contest is over and i am happy to present you your final Rank:

3538978contest-placement-05.jpg

Planck - Making Of: The Empire of Brazil

Your AAR ranked number 5, congratulations!

I am happy that you where part of my contest,
and I am honest when i say that i didnt wanted anyone more
to see updates from than from you! :)

You not only managed to bring in a memorable Character with your King,
you told a great story AND you explained the gameplay really great.
The Pictures that accompanied your AAR where awesome,
and likely the best one of any participating AAR! :)

Hell you even invaded Europe as Brazil! That deserves some appreciation :)
That was bold and unexpected, but very exciting for the reader,
and you sucseeded formidably!

Please get on writing again and continue your AAR!
If i told anyone this is your first AAR, he would have a hard time beliving me :)

You did get one 99 score from a judge, but even without it
you would stay in the Top 10 for sure, you where never of danger
of falling out of the Top 10, but you also never ranked higher than 4.

Your AAR is really a great read, and deserves its place
up in the rankings in my opinion.

It also deserves to be continued! Please continue writing! like NOW! :D

I thank you for competing, congratulate you to your Top 10 Score, and i wish you all the best!

Planck, as one of the judges I'll tell you that I awarded you 94 points out of a maximum of 99. You ended 2nd on my personal list. When I started reading and judging I came across an AAR that I loved and wanted to become first. You almost made me change my mind. I loved the portraits of the rulers and the true to history approach with which you started the AAR. Invading Europe as a recently released colony is of course also a feat worth some extra points!

Planck, for your benefit and that of others who may not see AlexSpeed's AAR Contest thread, I thought I'd add my feedback over here:

Planck (Brazil), well done! My notes say: "Attempts at humor understated (i.e. legitimately funny at points but used only as a counterpoint to the more serious telling of the AAR), good inventive backstory, interesting aggressive strategy in Europe. When used, dialogue is effective and not allowed to get in the way of the story." I appreciated the irony of invading Portugal, and I thought you did a good job of coming up with ways to explain the otherwise implausible things going on. Very good job! I ranked you 9th, which is pretty good considering the level of competition.

I've really enjoyed it so far! Do hope you continue.

Rensslaer

Congratulations! I know that real life concerns come first, so trust me - no rush. But when you've got another update for us, you know we're all chomping at the bit. :)