• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Poor Johore. Their lot in life seems to be conquered by anyone looking for gold and a base in Asia.

Yay! glad to see another Avindian AAR!

Like spiller68 I encourage clergymen, but I also encourage some clerks early on too! I find the boost in research clerks can give is nice earlier on. Not sure if clerks provide research points in Vanilla, but they definately do in New Nations Mod

nice update and i also encourage clergymen before burecrats.

Good to know!

Poor Johore. Their lot in life seems to be conquered by anyone looking for gold and a base in Asia.

It's their fault for being such an easy target. :p

Yay! glad to see another Avindian AAR!

Like spiller68 I encourage clergymen, but I also encourage some clerks early on too! I find the boost in research clerks can give is nice earlier on. Not sure if clerks provide research points in Vanilla, but they definately do in New Nations Mod

Clerks have always produced research points; that's not a bad idea later on!

They're still better off than Tripoli if you ask me.

question: to optimize the research point gain, you need a national clergy pop of 2%, right? If you're playing the UK, doesn't it take forever to get there? I always put the focus in my high-density regions. Is that the best way to go?

question: to optimize the research point gain, you need a national clergy pop of 2%, right? If you're playing the UK, doesn't it take forever to get there? I always put the focus in my high-density regions. Is that the best way to go?

Yeah, getting 2% over the entire British Empire is probably out of the question -- I do what you do and go by population density. Remember, 4% is ideal for promoting literacy!

Most excellent to see another of your brilliant tutorial AARs! :D And on Britain, to boot -- one I want to play once I get HoD (I've never dared to play such a massive country before -- not a massive country I haven't created myself, anyway).

I like the dynamics for colonization. Hussars are an interesting change! Weren't they 2.5 maneuver before? Does the AI know enough to put them on the flanks?

I also typically promote clergy first (and I think I recommended that in the strategy guide). Research is way more important than tax income, in most cases. I do focus on clerks early, also.

In the Europe/Asia graphic, it shows a dotted line. Is that a game feature of some sort, or you drew that in?

Looking forward to this!

Rensslaer

Most excellent to see another of your brilliant tutorial AARs! :D And on Britain, to boot -- one I want to play once I get HoD (I've never dared to play such a massive country before -- not a massive country I haven't created myself, anyway).

I like the dynamics for colonization. Hussars are an interesting change! Weren't they 2.5 maneuver before? Does the AI know enough to put them on the flanks?

I also typically promote clergy first (and I think I recommended that in the strategy guide). Research is way more important than tax income, in most cases. I do focus on clerks early, also.

In the Europe/Asia graphic, it shows a dotted line. Is that a game feature of some sort, or you drew that in?

Looking forward to this!

Rensslaer

The dotted line is a battle plan line, much as exists in MOTE and HOI3 now. I believe they were a flat 2 maneuver before; the 4 maneuver really makes Hussars effective in combat. I don't know much about the AI programming, TBH. I'm usually too busy fighting and/or dying to pay attention to such trivial matters. :)

Very interesting. I would like to note (as much as it pains me to suggest such a thing) that Dutch Guyana was once part of English Guyana, and would make for some believable conquest. Or, you could sphere the Dutch and add them to your lowlands collection, as well as protecting them from the dastardly French.

The thing is, I always feel that any colonial conquest is believable, because when it came to Africa, South Asia and the Middle East, anyone really could have gotten anything. The only really unbelievable thing you could do would be to take large swathes of Europe, East Asia or the Americas.

Oh goody, another Avindian AAR. :D

I'm certainly looking forward to learning a lot about HoD while I wait for it to go on sale on Steam so I can buy it. :p

Very interesting. I would like to note (as much as it pains me to suggest such a thing) that Dutch Guyana was once part of English Guyana, and would make for some believable conquest. Or, you could sphere the Dutch and add them to your lowlands collection, as well as protecting them from the dastardly French.

The thing is, I always feel that any colonial conquest is believable, because when it came to Africa, South Asia and the Middle East, anyone really could have gotten anything. The only really unbelievable thing you could do would be to take large swathes of Europe, East Asia or the Americas.

You know, sphering the Dutch is a wonderful idea I hadn't thought of -- consider it done!

Oh goody, another Avindian AAR. :D

I'm certainly looking forward to learning a lot about HoD while I wait for it to go on sale on Steam so I can buy it. :p

Glad to have you along!

You know, sphering the Dutch is a wonderful idea I hadn't thought of -- consider it done!
It's like your AARs are starting to collapse in upon each other. I suppose that would prevent you from losing another Anglo-Dutch Great War...:p

It's like your AARs are starting to collapse in upon each other. I suppose that would prevent you from losing another Anglo-Dutch Great War...:p

I think you're right. :eek:

I'm going to play tonight; hoping to update this weekend!

Any thoughts to the making Victoria seize absolute authority for herself and make it a true Empire?

Any thoughts to the making Victoria seize absolute authority for herself and make it a true Empire?

Nah. :) Wouldn't fit into my overall goal of releasing the dominions.

I should have an update for you folks tomorrow night; it's a matter of gathering the right screenshots and then posting!

Hmm. Another AAR to follow with interest.

How much of Africa will you try to grab? The parts that were historically British, or will you make Cecil Rhodes' dream a reality?

I will grab with both hands, as the saying goes. :) I will use dynamic dominions to hold much of it, per my house rules #6 and #7.

To whet your appetite: I'm going to end up in a pretty big war to start off with (and it's all your fault, Cataphractoi. :mad:) Most exciting first five years of Vicky 2 I've ever added.