• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
*Poke*

Started any new AARs in my absence, Duke?

Come on man, tell me, I need my fix!

Walter Model - EUIII Golden Horde can be bland but with IN it does have a reasonable amount of flavour. Perhaps too much with Magna Mundi Mod as it becomes too difficult to really be fun.

Ghostwriter - Thank you for the praise and thank you for following the AAR. It's been marvellous to read your comments :D

Grimpagan - Currently working on a new AAR for EUIII but don't hold your breath I'm going to get a lot of it done before I begin posting.

Ughh, the Horde will just never be the same in EUIII. Rather than getting an event along the lines of "uZBEKS MUST DIE!" it will probably be "Culture Assimilation" or something dull like that. However, if you can mod something in that gives the Horde some flavour, then go ahead!

Everything Walter Model says is true.

Unless you can make assimilation mean BEAHEAD THE uZBEKS! Otherwise it just isnt worth it.

It's over? I don't know what to say. This was the best AAR I have ever read, and I had a lot of fun reading it.

Thank You for making such a masterpiece!

Iche_Bins said:
It's over? I don't know what to say. This was the best AAR I have ever read, and I had a lot of fun reading it.

Thank You for making such a masterpiece!
Thanks a lot for the compliment :D Also thanks for the link in the sig as well. Nice to see the AAR appreciated.

just found this AAR 4 days ago and just finnished reading all of it. I have to say that it was of the best stuff i've ever seen in these forums, specially parts like behead them all, behead all of them, have all of them beheaded, the anti uzbeck sentiment created, the numerous pictures and images created to enchance the reading experience, I loved it all!

My only regreat is not fouding this before it was over:(

Thx DoW for creating this masterpiece.

flag.gif
The Golden Republic - Epilogue One
flag.gif

Following the execution of the last Khan of the Golden Horde in 1820 the rule of the great empire was passed to the Republican Council. The council set out to change the way the Golden Horde was run and make an egalitarian society free from the injustices of the Khan's of old. It's slogan became "One rule for all". The council was dominated by six powerful men.

Badi Hussayn
- Former general, originator of the Badi protocol which called for 72% more pillaging in each campaign.
Jani ul-Zaman - Media Mongol (a term today more frequently known as mogul), owner of popular Conqustador magazine
Batu Trikkegi - Cleric, called all Christian nations, 'less than uzbek'
Kagan Beg - Founder of The Assassins Knife Co., third largest commerical operation within the Horde.
Jalal Ad-Din - Salted Wool merchant
Karim Berdi - Diplomat, able to hit a small target with a knife from up to 34 metres.

Once taking power the six men ruled in harmony and peace for what could be described as a honeymoon period. Unfortunately the honeymoon period only lasted approximately four and a half hours. At this point Batu Trikkegi was found to have walked backwards onto a knife. The Republican Council was reduced to five. A week later it was four when Jani ul-Zaman drowned while swimming. Why he chose to go swimming in a sack with his hands and feet tied has remained a mystery to this day. Four became three when Jalal Ad-Din became ill due to a severe case of beheading.

Badi Hussayn, in an effort to quell rumours of foul play, wrote a firm speech on the unpredictability of accidents in the Republic. However, on his way to deliver it, in an apparent lapse of concentration forgot to leave his palace via the ground floor and instead stepped out of a fifth floor window straight onto the cobbles some 15 metres below.

The two remaining members of the Council, Karim Berdi and Kagan Beg watched each other with great suspicion and intent. Kagan Beg though forgot to watch his back. Had he done this he might have been able to dodge the knife that fell into it whilst he walked a narrow alley in Astrakhan.

Karim Berdi thus became the sole surviving member of the Republican Council. He therefore declared himself Chief Republikhan and set about making his desired reforms. First of which was changing the republic's slogan from One rule for all to One Ruler for all.

Aha! An epilogue.
Some call it "murder." The Horde calls it "innovation." ;)

As for your completion of the AAR- thank you Duke. It's been a pleasure to read this thing. This was actually the first AAR I read after joining the forums, and from the beginning, it has honestly been my favorite. While it's sad to know that I will never again get the joy of reading a fresh update, loaded with sarcasm, plays on words, and graveyard humor, I think ending it at 1820 was the right thing to do. Your work speaks volumes to your person, to your commitment and creativity. So many have used the word masterpiece that it risks becoming cliche, but this epic is truly one of the greatest AARs these forums have ever seen. My only hope is that this will not be remembered as your masterpiece- that you will move on to even better works; if you ever do write a book, let me know. I'll be your first buyer.

Duke of Wellington said:
A week later it was four when Jani ul-Zaman drowned while swimming. Why he chose to go swimming in a sack with his hands and feet tied has remained a mystery to this day.

Jani "just-call-me-Houdini" ul-Zaman.

Death by natural causes remains a popular Horde pastime. It's so refreshing to see the traditions honoured in a time of so much change.

Sneaking it in one me. Dastardly.

Good job!

And no more Republic! YAY! Tis good Batu was gone. Less than uZBEK!? Impossible.

Hm, why did I discover that this has an epilogue only now? Good to see it though.
Do I see correctly the name Epilogue One? That should mean that it will eb succeeded by an Epilogue Two. And that I consider really good news, Duke.

great, you're writting some more stuff! and that epilogue made me laught to oblivion aswell, which is a good sign of things to come! And this time i wont be 2 years late to read it :D

Man, and I thought that this AAR was over when I saw the line "The End". Thanks for the thanks - even though it was several months ago. I'm going to have to start watching this thread every day, waiting for the epilogues, now :)

flag.gif
The Golden Republic - Epilogue Two
flag.gif

The 1820's were a time of great turbulence throughout Europe. Beginning on it's north western edges in the backwater nation of England unrest about injustice and inequity spread through the population. Events came to a head in 1824 with the storming of the Tower of London and the slaughter of the royal family.

Spreading like a bad case of uzbekitis the population in Neighbouring France soon rose up too and threw off the shackles of oppression forming a society that was free and fair for all.

Across the continent it continued until everywhere feudalism had been replaced. Only Sweden and Spain retained their monarchies due to large concessions granted that drastically reduced their authority.

For Chief Republikhan Karim Berdi in the Golden Republic the whole situation was most amusing. He likened it to the fleas on a dog demanding more control and beheading the animal in the process. It was, he believed, far better for all if a few of the parasites were squashed instead. To that end tough new laws were enacted that made meetings of more than five people punishable with beheading. One overzealous judge however had to be reprimanded after he deemed a crash between two ox carts each carrying three people an illegal meeting and had all the occupants beheaded.

So it was that despite a few uprisings (all crushed most brutally of course) the Golden Republic remained the only part of Europe to remain free of ideals such as liberty and equality. But perhaps of even greater importance was the fact that the transition in Europe created a great deal of instability in the neighbouring empire of Austria. This was not an opportunity to be passed up. In 1829 Karim Berdi declared war upon the collapsing state.