• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Amob_m_s

Major
9 Badges
Jan 14, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Rome Gold
  • 500k Club
INTRODUCTION

The following court proceedings have been transcribed with permission of the Sapa Inka Atuhualpa IX. This collection is designed to depict the official decisions and diplomatic exchanges leading to the Second Era of Tahuantinsuyo expansion between the years of 256 and 594. The personal military and political expansion of Sapa Inka Pachacuti World-Shaker is not discussed beyond the clientization of the Chimor nation in 259. Certain cartographical resources from the royal record are included for further illustration of relevant material.

(OOC: Please give feedback on the AAR, it's my first stab at the whole concept. I thought that the idea of a collection of court records would fit the attitude of the Inca court well. Note that the dates are based on the approximate date for the beginning of an Inca nation- 1197 AD in Christian reckoning. I have tried to use actual Quechua names for things- many thanks to Wikipedia- but am sure that I will at least once use a westernized label, to which I apologize to any Quechua speakers who take offense. I believe that about sums it up, on to the first segment)

(Still OOC: HERE is a link to my later post, a glossary of all the Quecha terms that I use or might use in the future.)

CLIENTIZATION OF THE CHIMOR

Record of court proceedings on the 25th day of the 3rd month of the year of the Tahuantinsuyo Empire 259 under the reign of Sapa Inka Pachacuti. Court Scribe Huascuyo, recorder.

PACHACUTI: Attendant, bring me a map of all which falls under the gaze of Inti.

ATTENDANT: Immediately, as you wish.

The map in question has been provided here

254Map.jpg

PACHACUTI: Too long have our armies stood watch on the same frontier. Too long have our only allies been ourselves. Our realm must be made larger.

TUPAC INKA: Father, I shall be glad to lead your glorious armies. Whom shall I conquer, the heathens in the land of Moxos in the Collasuyu Province, or the city-state of the Chimor?

PACHACUTI: All in good time, son. But no, the Chimor are too proud to surrender; their subjugation would merely undermine the realm, perhaps leading other old enemies to rise once more. And why should I send many young men to their deaths in the endless forest for a small, poor patch of land? What would be accomplished through war? Little good.

TUPAC INKA: But the land of the Chimor is rich! If you wish to fulfil your life quest of creating one Empire under Inti, surely this plot of land must be gained!

PACHACUTI: Quiet! This is what I, too, wish, but you have not seen as I have. I have seen the many peoples of our glorious realm in arms against us, one at a time, fighting my power with their hearts and bodies. If this path continues, eventually all shall crumble, as a temple, as high as the moon, must crumble, should the architect place but one stone in the wrong position. We must fit the Chimor into our great pyramid with the precision of our finest architect.

HUASCAR INKA: This is true, father. May I suggest that...

TUPAC INKA: Quiet, younger brother. This is the talk of leaders, not those of minor inheritance.

PACHACUTI: Allow him the time to talk, Tupac. He is your heir until you sire a child. It is good that he be experienced in matters of court should you die a young death.

TUPAC INKA: I surely shall not be disgraced by falling on the field of combat. I shall have sons as numerous as the sands of the shore. Yet, your will be done.

HUASCAR INKA: I thank you, elder brother. Father, I suggest that, for the glory of the realm, this stone might best be anchored if it places itself in the pyramid. Let Chief Hualpa maintain his state, but let him rule by your grace, not the grace of the sun.

PACHACUTI: This is much as I thought. Yes, this is good. Messenger!

MESSENGER: I am at your will, son of Inti.

PACHACUTI: Deliver this message to Chief Hualpa of the Chimor- Thus says Sapa Inka Pachacuti of Tahuantinsuyo. I bear a proposition of utmost solemnity and value to our realms. The sun has proclaimed for decades her favor upon Tahuantisuyo. Today our priests bring the message to me that I am the true earthly ruler of Inti's realm. I therefore request that you akcnowledge me as the source of your worldly power, and Inti as the source of that which is divine in you. May our two realms remain seperate, yet one under Inti's gaze and my survey. May the clash of weapons never plague this one land. May the riches of this land flow into the sun, and may she be pleased.

MESSENGER: At once, Sapa Inka.

Record of court proceedings on the 31st day of the 3rd month of the year of the Tahuantinsuyo Empire 259 under the reign of Sapa Inka Pachacuti. Court Scribe Huascuyo, recorder.

ATTENDANT: Sapa Inka, a messenger announces himself. He says he bears the reply of Chief Hualpa to your message of six days ago.

PACHACUTI: Certainly, permit him to enter. Messenger, what word do you bring?

MESSENGER: Thus decrees the Chief of the Chimor- Inti is great. As her will has shown you, let our realms be declared one under her gaze. I am indebted to you for the gift of a crown which you have permitted me. May this one realm of two rulers be pleasing to her.

PACHACUTI: So be it. May the realm of Tahuantinsuyo now include the free suyo of Chimor, under the governance of Hualpa. Scribe, record this, as this is pleasing to Inti and the Sapa Inka, her earthly representative.

(EDIT, OOC: I have got the images working, and added the map. Thanks Farq for the advice.)

Last edited:
Nice - an Inca AAR! I love the style, it seems very authentic. I played an EU2 Inca game not long ago and had fun researching all these rulers - in fact I may even have edited some of the Wikipedia entries about them, I don't remember. As for the images, I look forward to seeing some! Do you have somewhere to host them, first? Lots of people use photobucket or imageshack - there are threads around that explain how if you look for them (sorry, I don't have a link to hand!)

Hey...

I should have an update ready today or tomorrow. It was stupid of me to start an AAR a day before the end of spring break. Oh well, I guess I will just have to work on it over weekends (or skip schoolwork... hmmm, that's a possibility)

I'm afraid the updates will be somewhat predictable for a while, what with the limited world of the Inca- just 2 non-Inca provinces. However, I am up to the 1500s in the game at this time, so I assure you that by 1480ish it starts to get interesting... then falls into a pattern again, I plan on having many small "excerpts" combined into one or two updates here... then gets interesting... then falls into a pattern, more small "excerpts". I also have some major evil planned for my next Sapa Inka, hopefully by 1520 (my early 1500s leader is awful, really slows my progress, and is pretty useless for evil). If the next leader is awful, I will wait some more. Only problem is that, as you know, the Native American nations basically play with a timer- get as much territory as you can before the nasty Europeans steal it all. Oh well... my land forcelimit is up to 45,000 (men, not divisions) so I can probably overwhelm the Portuguese, Venetians, Austrians, and English if they do not have more than 10,000 in theater troops. (The Spa... oh yeah, mild spoiler alert... the Spanish got almost all of their American colonies stripped away by the England-Portugal alliance; I always hated that when playing as a European nation. Anyways, Spain is not a threat any more)

I may fall behind in-game sometime: I recently downloaded Magnus Mundi, and have basically put the Incas aside to conquer Europe as Armagnac. Believe it or not I am doing pretty well- not a vassal anymore, beat England and Portugal, and have a decent political situation for any future wars. But back to the Inca...

Farq: Thanks, I'll check those sights out. I'll try to get them set up for the next update.

Till then,
Amob M S

Okay, pics are up and running. Added the map to the above post, and I'll have images in my next post, hopefully tomorrow. No huge developments- mostly just reconciling game mechanics with real history and giving you an idea of what I did with the 1450s besides vassalizing the Chimor.

And I apologize in advance for an upcoming image drought- going through my files I noticed that i have very few pictures for the 1470s, 1490s, 1500s, and much of the 1480s. While the '70s were fairly uneventful, 1485-1500 are very dynamic, with rapid change and major developments. I guess I got too caught up in playing to take any screenshots. I will try to edit pictures from later dates to compensate, but there will certainly still be a lot left to the readAAR's imagination. I probably won't reach 1485 for at least a month, but I thought I would just give some heads up for then.

Till tomorrow,
Amob M S

DEATH OF TUPAC INKA

Record of court proceedings on the 14th day of the 6th month of the year of the Tahuantinsuyo Empire 261 under the reign of Sapa Inka Pachacuti. Junior Court Scribe Payamalpu, recorder.

PACHACUTI: :mad:

ATTENDANT: :confused:

PACHACUTI :mad:

ATTENDANT: :eek:o

PACHACUTI: Scribe, what are you drawing?

PAYAMALPU: Drawing? I was not drawing, Sapa Inka! That would be grave sacrelige! I swear that I was not drawing!

PACHACUTI: I can see your tablet, young man! Where is Huascuyo! He would surely never defile the record with crude heiroglyphs!

PAYAMALPU: He set me to record the events of the court for a few minutes while he used te lavatory, Sapa Inka. Please, Son of Inti, have mercy upon me! I am just a junior scribe, I got bored.

PACHACUTI: Guards! As soon as Huascuyo returns, sieze the young scribe here. He is to be banned from Cuzco for life. Young man, see the mercy of Inti. You shall keep your life. Ah, here is Huascuyo now. Huascuyo, immediately get to work, this Junior Scribe has defiled the honor of the court. Guards...

Further court proceedings on the 14th day of the 6th month of the year of the Tahuantinsuyo Empire 261 under the reign of Sapa Inka Pachacuti. Court Scribe Huascuyo, recorder.

HUASCUYO: Yes, Sapa Inka.

PACHACUTI: See to it that a pathetic beast such as that never again enters the ranks of your assistants. The consequences for you would not be light.

ATTENDANT: Sapa Inka! An urgent messenger comes from Quito!

PACHACUTI: By all means, permit him.

MESSENGER: I am afraid I greet you with terrible news, Son of Inti. Your son and heir Tupac Inka has met with tragic death in the northern mountains!

PACHACUTI: WHAT!!! How did this happen?

MESSENGER: Thus says the captain of the 2nd Northern Guard in Quito: Great Earth-Shaker, I must regretfully inform you of the death of your son Tupac. He died with greatest valour, attempting to save the life of his porter during a journey south to the coast. This porter had fallen from the path over a cliff. Tupac and another porter attempted to hold him up, but Inti was not with them, and the three fell to their deaths. Woe is the Empire, the land of the sun has lost her heir! May Huascar Inka aspire to be as worthy an heir as his brother.

PACHACUTI: Thank you, messenger. Now go. All of you. Scribe, Guards, Attendant. Leave me to my sorrow. Go inform Huascar of this tragedy. I will summon you when I wish to resume.

GUARD CAPTAIN: By all means, Son of Inti. We all mourn with you.

ATUHUALPApic.jpg

European artist's impression of Pachacuti dismissing th court. Painted 461.

Record of court proceedings on the 6th day of the 3rd month of the year of the Tahuantinsuyo Empire 263 under the reign of Sapa Inka Pachacuti. Court Scribe Huascuyo, recorder.

ATTENDANT: Sapa Inka, your general Quextll wishes an audience.

PACHACUTI: Enter, great warrior!

QUEXTLL: Greetings, Sapa Inka. I come bearing the report you requested on our military recovery from your noble conquests.

PACHACUTI: Ah. This is good. Please, show me.

263MilHistory.jpg

QUEXTLL: As you can see, sir, the losses of previous campaigns have been mostly relieved. We are very close to what I estimate is the largest army our nation can support.

PACHACUTI: Very good. This is as Inti wills it. With such force, the One Empire shall never fall to Inti's enemies.

QUEXTLL: May we never have to use such force; yet, should Inti will it, we shall comply.

PACHACUTI: Yes, this is good. Good day, general.

QUEXTLL: And the same to you, Sapa Inka.

Please honk if you love this AAR... or if you have read this AAR... or if you have considered reading this AAR

Seriously, if there is no one reading this I will close it, no point clogging up the forums with it. Not to sound bitter or anything.

I guess I'll post a few more updates over the next few days. If that doesn't get some sign of life, I guess I will actually close it.

Nice start. Inca is a tough nation to play. The Europeans can crush you if you are not ready. With you being Pagan, they can seize your provinces in 1.2.1. So I recommend high innovativeness to get Westernized ASAP and QftNW as your first idea (quickly colonize something next to a European), but hey, that's just me :D. Good luck.

I've always wanted to see someone do a new world aar :)

AHA! Replies!

Sorry for not reading your posts for almost a month, I had almost given up on this. I guess if people are reading it I'll have to put down HOI and write a bit.

Sorry again for the delay, update to follow.

EXPANSION INTO THE MOXOS REGION

Record of court proceedings on the 23rd day of the 11th month of the year of the Tahuantinsuyo Empire 262 under the reign of Sapa Inka Pachacuti. Court Scribe Huascuyo, recorder.

SAPA INKA PACHACUTI: Attendant, fetch the court cartographer.

ATTENDANT: I shall fetch him immediately, Sapa Inka.

COURT CARTOGRAPHER AYATYL: You summoned me, Sapa Inka?

PACHACUTI: Yes, I did. Cartographer, our armies sit idle at our borders. There is naught but peace in the realm, so fearful of imperial power are those who might resist it. But imperial power, when not exercised, can decay and collapse upon itself.

AYATYL: Ahhh... you fear the troops are growing restless. But, if you do not mind a humble servant asking, what role does a cartographer play in this?

PACHACUTI: Ayatyl, our armies have pressed far beyond the lands our people knew when I was a child. I requested your assistance, to guide a new expansion.

AYATYL; Sapa Inka, this is a noble idea. However, I fear that our armies outran the knowledge of our cartographers. We know little of the heathen lands to the north and south; the west is endless ocean, as you well know, and the east is impenetrable jungle. May I instead point out the heathen tribe, the Moxos, who hold territory just a few miles south of Cuzco.

PACHACUTI: What is there in their land worth gaining? No civilization, no riches, just tree after tree. I know of this land, Ayatyl. If I desired it, I would have summoned you to plot a trajectory of attack, not for new lands. When can an exploratory journey be planned? North or south, I care little.

AYATYL: By Inti, what you say is not a simple task! The terrain all around the Empire is horrid. It is not a matter of my willingness to go, Sapa Inka. It is a matter of your people. We could not find enough porters to carry our goods, if we searched the entire Empire for them!

PACHACUTI: I can conscript porters as easily as soldiers, Ayatyl. Now quit complaining and...

AYATYL: I beg your pardon, leader, but in an area so remote, unwilling laborers would simply run away, and the few willing souls would be powerless to stop them. Until the nation is rallied behind the cause of expansion- that is, until it recovers from the last wave of expansion- we cannot expand, but to Moxos.

PACHACUTI: And when do you think my nation will be ready to support expansion?

AYATYL: From the attitude on the streets, not for decades, Sapa Inka. Twenty, maybe thirty years.

PACHACUTI: We shall see. We shall see. Ah, well, Moxos it is then. Plot a course for a colonial expedition. Messenger, deliver word to the Southern Guard: they march northeast immediately, into the Moxos-held region near Cuzco. And Huascuyo, set your assistants to penning documents, to be set all over Cuzco, offering 120 gold pieces to the first hundred volunteers to settle in Moxos territory.

HUASCUYO: Yes, Sapa Inka!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record of court proceedings on the 14th day of the 6th month of the year of the Tahuantinsuyo Empire 263 under the reign of Sapa Inka Pachacuti. Court Scribe Huascuyo, recorder.

ATTENDANT: Sapa Inka, there are two messengers her to see you.

PACHACUTI: Let them in, one at a time.

MESSENGER: Sapa Inka, I come bearing good news from the new Imperial city of Moxos.

PACHACUTI: Ah, so the little venture succeeded. I was worried, upon seeing the poor rabble that left Cuzco.

MESSENGER: Well, yes, Son of Inti, I suppose we were a rather poor bunch at the time. But, finances aside, the party is one of strong men and competent women, and we have thrived. Your soldiers scared the native tribesmen badly- some even jumped into the river to hide! Are you sure that the region is populated by Moxos tribesmen, Sapa Inka, or could it possibly be a French colony?

PACHACUTI: French? What are french? I am not familiar with the term.

MESSENGER: I believe french is a species of frog that lives in large colonies, if I am not mistaken, Sapa Inka. They have the most rude-sounding croaks. But enough joking. The exact message I was given to report is, Thus says Governor Mayupu of the region of Moxos: Our mission has been accomplished. The army has set up a defensive camp outside of town. There is certainly no shortage of timber. The ground is fertile for light food crops, but the land does not appear to have any riches contained within it. Natives are keeping their distance, but do not seem happy with our presence. Wishing the health of the entire imperial family.

263Moxos.jpg

PACHACUTI: This is good, this is good. Ah, Ayatyl, just the man I was about to summon.

AYATYL: Yes, Sapa Inka. I apologize for intruding upon you chamber. Your attendant at the rear door was not at his post, so I planned to go around to the front, quietly, of course. I simply wished to deliver the new map you requested.

PACHACUTI: Indeed, this was why I was about to summon you. Is all territoy formerly held by the Moxos tribe now included, as I asked?

AYATYL: Yes, Sapa Inka. It also has an inset map, showing the gained territory.

PACHACUTI: You exceed yourself, Ayatyl. Let me see this inset.

263Moxos2.jpg

PACHACUTI: Excellent work, Ayatyl. You are dismissed, for the night. Go relax, you have earned it. You, messenger, are dismissed as well. You may stay the night in one of the honoured guest rooms. I am in a generous mood today. Attendant, permit the next messenger to enter.

Attendant is watching the wife of a regional governor, who acts as her husband's emmisary to Cuzco.

PACHACUTI: Attendant, she is married. And to a man with the power to recommend the death sentence.

PACHACUTI: Attendant?

PACHACUTI: Attendant!

Court Scribe Huascuyo leaving momentarily for the lavatory. Assigning Assistant Scribe Payamalpu to keepthe record for that duration.

Record of court proceedings on the 14th day of the 6th month of the year of the Tahuantinsuyo Empire 261 under the reign of Sapa Inka Pachacuti. Junior Court Scribe Payamalpu, recorder.

ATTENDANT: :confused:

ATTENDANT: :eek:o

PACHACUTI: Scribe, what are you drawing?

(see above, The Death of Tupac Inka, for continuation of this record)

Last edited:
An interesting AAR. I've always wanted to play Incas, but that game has been pushed into the future by other projects since I got this game. Also, it's well written, and I look forward to reading the rest. Good luck!

PS.
I take fault with the logic in your signature. A logical property of any rock is that it can be lifted by God if He is omnipotent. Creating a rock he cannot lift, is a logical impossibility in this context. It's like arguing God can't be omnipotent because He can't make a square circle.

Edit: Err, sorry, I have a compulsive need to react whenever I see that statement, for no reason whatsoever. :)

Amob_m_s said:
MESSENGER: I believe french is a species of frog that lives in large colonies, if I am not mistaken, Sapa Inka. They have the most rude-sounding croaks. But enough joking.
And who doesn't love a frog joke?
This is turning into a very nice AAR, Amob, I'm glad you kept it up.

(OOC: I have been in Boston for a while, so have not been on the forums much, other than a 15-minute glance at my laptop. I'm still in Boston, so I don't have screenshots to go by to refresh my memory as to what happened, so I won't be advancing the story much now. I'll post another, more important update when I get back this weekend.)

THE MOXOS WAR

Record of court proceedings on the 19th day of the 9th month of the year of the Tahuantinsuyo Empire 263 under the reign of Sapa Inka Pachacuti. Court Scribe Huascuyo, recorder.

PACHACUTI: Yes, yes, Pachaka Kuraqa, I heard you correctly. Another yanacona saw an enormous wooden sea-serpent with enormous pure white fins swimming northward in the endless ocean, north of our border.

PACHAKA KURAQA VURIMATI: Yes, Sapa Inka! Don't you understand this!? This was my yanacona. I know him to be trustworthy beyond that of the average yanacona. I believe him, Sapa Inka! And it is not just him, many yanaconas have seen this dragon, sometimes going north, sometimes south, but too many and too consistent to be all lies! The Empire of Inti may be in danger, and you will not do a thing about it!

PACHACUTI: Do not insult my rule, Vurimati! Should I be known as Pachacuti the Great, the reigning conquerer and empire-builder, or Pachacuti the Mad, he who spent his last years chasing slaves'-tales up and down the coast?

VURIMATI: But do you want to risk being known as Pachacuti the Failure, who conquered many lands then did nothing while a great monster swallowed them?

PACHACUTI: I do not like your tone, Vurimati! Now leave, before you offend me any more!

VURIMATI: Yes, Son of Inti. Sorry, Son of Inti.

ATTENDANT: Sapa Inka! An urgent message from the leader of the Eastern Guards!

PACHACUTI: All right, let him in. And escort Vurimati here out, while you do.

ATTENDANT: Yes, Sapa Inka. This way, Pachaka Kuraqa.

MESSENGER: Sapa Inka, General Eyu of the Eastern Guards reports a savage attack on our forces by the natives of the Moxos tribe!

PACHACUTI: Ah, I was afraid of this. Then again, it should stop some restlessness in the armies. Any more detail, messenger?

MESSENGER: Yes, Son of Inti. Eyu reports that while the men appeared quite comfortable in battle, our tactics have seen better days in the mountains than in the jungle. Our troops were not effective against ambush when marching in columns, and were easy to encircle. Of 2000, twelve soldiers were killed, far more than were needed, as the natives had little in the way of equipment or strategy beyond ambush. We killed about 120 natives, captured and enslaved a few dozen more, and managed to send a front guard to the new city to protect it, deterring any planned native assaults. We believe that we can hold the city, and conquer nearby villages, but in order to secure the province, we shall need more troops.

263MoxosUprising.jpg

PACHACUTI: Thank you, messenger. Now, return immediately to Eyu with this order: Immediately adjust tactics as you see fit. Defend the city, but devote as many troops as possible to counterattacks against the Moxos. Consider the situation that of war with the Moxos tribe. The Southern Guards shall be dispatched to aid you, moving in from the south and west. That is all.

MESSENGER: Yes, Sapa Inka. I shall depart at once.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record of court proceedings on the 25th day of the 12th month of the year of the Tahuantinsuyo Empire 263 under the reign of Sapa Inka Pachacuti. Court Scribe Huascuyo, recorder.

ATTENDANT: Sapa Inka, a messenger arrives from Eyu of the Eastern Guard.

PACHACUTI: Let him in.

MESSENGER: Hail, Sapa Inka. General Eyu reports: It is my joyous duty to report the final cessation of hostilities by the Moxos tribe. We believe that all men of fighting age in this tribe have been killed or enslaved, and that all women, children, and old men of the Moxos have been enslaved. My compliments go to Generals Quehi and Junpo; without their armies, our task would have been much more difficult. As is, our three forces, a total of 7,000 troops, managed to catch the last Moxos army of 300 or so in a triple-pincer, and over the last week exterminated them.

PACHACUTI: This is good. I am sure the news of this security will increase emigration to Moxos City considerably. You may stay in the palace as a guest of honor tonight, messenger. Tomorrow, return and request that the three generals visit Cuzco as soon as possible; I wish to reward them personally. Attendant!

ATTENDANT: Yes, Son of Inti?

PACHACUTI: Give the order to all palace yanaconas: proclaim "Colonization Day" in the streets. On this day, from now forth in time, we shall celebrate with overeating and special trinkets for the children and wives.

ATTENDANT: It shall be done.

xtree4.gif

THE DEATH OF PACHACUTI THE GREAT

Record of court proceedings on the 30th day of the 10th month of the year of the Tahuantinsuyo Empire 267 under the reign of Sapa Inka Pachacuti. Court Scribe Huascuyo, recorder.

PACHACUTI: Attendant.

ATTENDANT: Yes, Sapa Inka?

PACHACUTI: Prepare a litter for me. Perhaps a tour of the empire will do good for me.

ATTENDANT: Yes, Sapa Inka, but if I may be so bold, you have not seemed quite well enough to be travelling for any long distance.

PACHACUTI: Nonsense. I feel old, but this is because I sit in court all day. The travel is exactly what I need.

ATTENDANT: As you wish, Son of Inti. Shall the Red Llama precede you?

PACHACUTI: No, no need for procession. In fact...

PACHACUTI: Nothing, nothing. Just an idea. I think I have mmy destination chosen.

ATTENDANT: Yes, Sapa Inka. I shall fetch the litter and carriers now.

PACHACUTI: Good, good. Huascuyo.

HUASCUYO: Yes, Sapa Inka.

PACHACUTI: Huascar will deal with the daily business while I am gone. If he requests any information, have the records ready, so that he may know all that I know. I do not plan on returning for quite a while, and it is best that the de facto ruler know all that I do. He is a good son, he will handle my business well.

HUASCUYO: I am sure he will, Sapa Inka. I shall of course aid him in any way he requires.

PACHACUTI: This is good. Fare well, Huascuyo.

HUASCUYO: Fare well, Sapa Inka.
------------------------------------
Record of court proceedings on the 12th day of the 3rd month of the year of the Tahuantinsuyo Empire 268 under the reign of Sapa Inka Pachacuti, under the temporary rule of Huascar Inka. Court Scribe Huascuyo, recorder.

HUASCAR: My father still has not returned.

HUASCUYO: No, great Inka. The empire awaits his reentry to power.

ATTENDANT: Ruling Inka, a yanacona clamors at the door! He says... he keeps babbling... horrible things...

HUASCAR: Permit him at once, by all means.

ATTENDANT: Yes... yes, of course...

YANACONA: Great Inka Huascuyo! I... I do not know... it is horrible... the Sapa Inka... he is... he is...

HUASCAR: Out with it, then, slave.

YANACONA: I am sorry... Great Leader... I am sorry... your father... he is... the Sapa Inka, I mean... he is dead!

HUASCAR: What!

YANACONA: Yes... a tragedy... he was... he was... he was at my master's house... on the coast in the north. He... he was watching... verifying the reports of sea dragons... wooden monsters thrice the size of the largest balsa... and...

HUASCAR: The monster killed him

YANACONA: No... well, yes, but... he... he saw the dragon, Great Inka... and he saw it... and he saw that it was... it was not a dragon. It was a great balsa... said he, for I saw naught but a dragon... but he is wiser than I shall be in all eternity. He said... he saw great white demons on an Inti-forsaken vessel. He whispered... that... that this is why... why the Tahuantinsuyo... must always reach farther... reach... defend against the enemies of Inti and all the subordinate gods... then he lay down and... he lay down... lay and... and...

Let it be recorded that the yanacona has collapsed. He appears to be dead of exhaustion.

ATTENDANT: Great Inka. This... tragedy... this means that you are the new Sapa Inka. Shall I prepare the crowning procession.

HUASCAR: No. Post messages... the nation mourns until the full moon. Then, I will take the crown. Now depart, please.

HUASCUYO: Of course, Sapa Inka Huascar. Come, attendants.

268AtahualpaShip.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------

(OOC: Another update soon, tonight or tomorrow, with actual gameplay content in it. Things start to get interesting pretty soon, I promise.)

Last edited:
(OOC: Okay, I lied, it's been a while since I last updated. Sorry.)

A DECADE OF NOTHING

followed by

THE ANNEXATION OF THE CHIMOR
Record of court proceedings on the 3rd day of the 11th month of the year of the Tahuantinsuyo Empire 279 under the reign of Sapa Inka Huascar. Court Scribe Deyoquett, recorder.

HUASCAR: Ayatyl, bring a map of the Empire of Tahuantinsuyo.

AYATYL: At once, Son of Inti.

HUASCAR: Careful there, you're getting too old to be rushing around so fast.

AYATYL: That may be, Sapa Inka.

He leaves, returning a minute later with a map.

HUASCAR: This is not good. I have vowed to expand until we find and punish the dragons which destroyed my father.

DEYOQUETT: You are still of the opinion that these were indeed northern dragons, and not, as your father believed, enormous balsas, Sapa Inka?

HUASCAR: Something he saw shocked him enough to kill him.

DEYOQUETT: But as he died, he proclaimed that they were balsas, Son of Inti.

HUASCAR: Yes, but my father was wise. Admitting that there are ferocious dragons roaming Tahuantinsuyo at will may have caused a great panic, and combined with the death of the Sapa Inka, the realm may have fallen apart.

DEYOQUETT: You have reason, Son of Inti.

HUASCAR: So I must, to gain Inti's favor. As for why I requested the map- messenger!

MESSENGER: Yes, Sapa Inka?

HUASCAR: Bring word to the aging Chief Hualpa of the Chimor: So says Huascar, through whom all of Inti's grace runs- I greet you, aging chief Hualpa. May it be proposed that, as the power of Inti on Earth is manifest in the Sapa Inka, so should all worshipers of Inti bow to such power. There may be but one nation of Inti in the land. So proclaims Sapa Inka Huascar.

MESSENGER: Immediately, Son of Inti.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Record of court proceedings on the 13th day of the 11th month of the year of the Tahuantinsuyo Empire 279 under the reign of Sapa Inka Huascar. Court Scribe Deyoquett, recorder.

ATTENDANT: Sapa Inka, your messenger returns from the Chimor.

HUASCAR: Admit him. Speak, messenger.

MESSENGER: Yes, Sapa Inka. So says Chief Hualpa of the Chimor, under the mighty hand of Sapa Inka Huascar- while Inti's will must be served, Inti still shines on Chanchan. She proclaims our value, and we take offense that one might try to undermine our favor with her by proclaiming his superiority and our insignificance. We shall remain under our current agreement. So says Chief Hualpa of Chimor.

HUASCAR: Ah, well. Attendant!

ATTENDANT: Yes, sire?

HUASCAR: Visit the treasury. Send 2000 gold pieces in a caravan to Chanchan for Chief Hualpa. Also, notify the Cuzco Guard to provide an escort. Messenger, accompany this caravan; apologize for any insult to the Chimu people that may have been made, the exact wording is not important. Then return, and you may have an extra week's pay- you have had little rest, and will get little more, until then, am afraid.

MESSENGER AND ATTENDANT: Yes, Sapa Inka.
-------------------------------------------
Record of court proceedings on the 23rd day of the 10th month of the year of the Tahuantinsuyo Empire 280 under the reign of Sapa Inka Huascar. Court Scribe Deyoquett, recorder.

ATTENDANT: Sapa Inka, a messenger arrives from the Chimor.

SAPA INKA: Yes, let him enter. Welcome to Cuzco, messenger. What message do you have?

MESSENGER: Son of Inti, I must regretfully announce that Chief Hualpa of the Chimor lays dying. He wishes to extend a farewell to the Spring of Inti's worldly power.

HUASCAR: He is probably dead by now, is he not?

MESSENGER: Sapa Inka, I believe so. It has been 3 days since I left, an he probably expired before the first day had passed.

HUASCAR: Then there is no time to waste. As quickly as you can, get back to Chanchan, deliver this message to his heir: Thus says Sapa Inka Huascar of Tahuantinsuyo- I greet you. May you see reason in my words. As the Font of all power of the great Inti, may all nations under her gaze be united, under the great banner of her supreme advocate. This is the truth of the prophecy; this is how Inti wills it.

MESSENGER: Sapa Inka, pardon my boldness, but it seems that this will mean that Chimor will cease to exist.

HUASCAR: That's the general idea, yes. As a man of faith, you know of the word of Inti that proclaims on empire. You also know that Hualpa agreed to become a part of this one empire, under condition that he retain his chiefly title. Now, that part of the agreement is void, as Hualpa lives no more. You may indicate to the designated heir that he will probably gain high status should he not resist this decree. You may also indicate that the army of Tahuantinsuyo outnumbers his nineteen to one, and is restless due to inaction. Now go.

MESSENGER: Yes, Sapa Inka. One last question, please- will we Chimor gain rights equal to other subjects of the empire under this agreement?

HUALPA: Of course. Now, no more talking. Quickly.

MESSENGER: Immediately, Son of Inti. muttering 'yeah, everyone'll be equal, it'll be great, all good, serve Inti, one big happy empire,' great, except I lose my damn job and can't feed my family, but other than that, it's all good.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Record of court proceedings on the 23rd day of the 10th month of the year of the Tahuantinsuyo Empire 280 under the reign of Sapa Inka Huascar. Court Scribe Deyoquett, recorder.

ATTENDANT: Sapa Inka, that Chimor messenger is back.

HUASCAR: Funny, tears of joy don't seem to be springing to my eyes. Then again, if he brings good news... okay, admit him.

MESSENGER: I greet you, Sapa Inka, ruler of all the known world.

HUASCAR: Ah, good. Did you even bother memorizing the official message?

MESSENGER: Of course. It is: "So decl..."

HUASCAR: No need for that, I really don't care about it. But it is good that you memorized it, even knowing that the wording really did not matter.

MESSENGER: Well, Sapa Inka, I figured it was my last job, I might as well do it well.

HUASCAR: Ahh, damn you, you make me feel like I'm watching a dying alpaca. Fine, fine, you can have a job. The Coastal Guard will be setting up camp just east of Chanchan, you can be a messenger with them.

MESSENGER: Thank you, Son of Inti. I have one ques...

HUASCAR: ...tion, but you may not voice it, as you irritate me far too much. So shut up an take your job before I change my mind.

MESSENGER: But Sap...

HUASCAR: GO! Attendant!

HUASCAR: Find Ayatyl, tell him to erase the Chimor border from the maps. And tell him not to hurry, because hurrying will kill the old man.

ATTENDANT: Yes, Son of Inti.

280ChimuAnnexed.jpg

Last edited: