FoggyLizard - Dwarf Fortress (Steam version) v50.04 - Wilderness / Swamp

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Demigod: a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

I believe Demigod still applies unless both of his parents are deities.
Oh, I mis read it as you having said he was a demimod. Which he used to be, before that rank was abolished.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Demigod: a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

I believe Demigod still applies unless both of his parents are deities.
I am also a chess demigod!

rating.jpg

Bobby Fischer peaked in summer of 1972 at 2785 rating.

Just sayin'.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I am also a chess demigod!

View attachment 952633

Bobby Fischer peaked in summer of 1972 at 2785 rating.

Just sayin'.
Sounds like you shouldn't be here, but be earning 34 more points ;)

(although - is there inflation or what? I see many people at 3k+ these days, and assume Bobby Fischer was kinda in his era's top)

Sounds like you shouldn't be here, but be earning 34 more points ;)

(although - is there inflation or what? I see many people at 3k+ these days, and assume Bobby Fischer was kinda in his era's top)
Yeah, online ratings aren't worth anything.

Too many casual players enter the field, immediately lose most of their starting rating, and then quit (so they never get the points back). Since those lost points are gained by somebody, that tends to slowly inflate the whole field of online ratings.

I'm not bad, though.

That "Wow" comment on page 7 is posted by Grandmaster Abhimanyu Mishra, the guy who broke Karjakin's record (and Karjakin had earlier broken Bobby Fischer's record) as youngest International Chess Grandmaster in History. Twelve years old, in his case.

So I impressed a world-famous prodigy, anyway.

• 1Love
Reactions:
The Year 2 Dwarven Caravan has arrived.

FL_057.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The Dwarven Caravan arrives at ourt newly-constructed Trade Center.

FL_058.jpg

Since Caravans refuse to cross traps, the outboard side of our Trade Center is unprotected except for a drawbridge that is normally open but can be raised in emergencies. Or possibly Emugencies. Inboard of our Trade Center (where the Merchants have no business anyway) there is a trapped corridor, places reserved for sniffer dogs to check people walking by, and then a second drawbridge.

We are offering for sale a few cut gems... our industries are just getting into gear... and some beard-watering home cooking.

The Dwarven Caravan arrives at ourt newly-constructed Trade Center.

View attachment 954541

Since Caravans refuse to cross traps, the outboard side of our Trade Center is unprotected except for a drawbridge that is normally open but can be raised in emergencies. Or possibly Emugencies. Inboard of our Trade Center (where the Merchants have no business anyway) there is a trapped corridor, places reserved for sniffer dogs to check people walking by, and then a second drawbridge.

We are offering for sale a few cut gems... our industries are just getting into gear... and some beard-watering home cooking.
1678241991292.png

What are these two plants?

Top - Lentils
Center Right - Grape Vines.
How do you gather the lentils and beans?

I have run maybe 5 different games and have yet to have a map with grapes or strawberries.

How do you gather the lentils and beans?
Same as any other wild plant. You just mark the plants themselves for gathering (you can mark out a huge square, and everything in it gets picked). Make sure somebody has the plant gathering labor enabled.

Same as any other wild plant. You just mark the plants themselves for gathering (you can mark out a huge square, and everything in it gets picked). Make sure somebody has the plant gathering labor enabled.
Must be none ready then.

Yes, most plants have a particular harvest season. Typically Summer or Fall.

there is a trapped corridor,
It looks like the entrance to the corridor is merely inches wide, is that functional or is the corridor temporarily bricked up?

It looks like the entrance to the corridor is merely inches wide, is that functional or is the corridor temporarily bricked up?
It looks that way but you could could a bus through it. That is the same size as if it was diagonal; however, it it's water or lava the pressure works differently.

People can get through easily enough, but only one at a time. There's an alcove for chaining up sniffer dogs just beyond the choke-point. The idea is to force anybody entering through that gate to walk past the sniffer dog, in single file.

We will try to impliment a somewhat tighter entry procedure in this fort... recall that in an earlier fort we ended up with Elves (visitors) fighting Goblins (visitors) right inside our Church several levels underground. This time we will impliment entrance controls including FOOT-prints, FINGER-prints, DOG-NOSE-SMELLING prints...

Reactions:
Update when?

I've been focused on improving the morale of our Dwarves... giving each of them a decent bedroom, improving the dining hall, adding temples for minor Gods...

FL_059.jpg

... we are up to 19 temples, and still counting.

Meanwhile, the Year 2 Caravan has arrived.

So you're pretty much 1:1 in the Temples to Bedrooms ratio?
Most dwarfs have 3 to 5 gods they pray to. Granted there will be overlap.