FoggyLizard - Dwarf Fortress (Steam version) v50.04 - Wilderness / Swamp

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Iche Bins has created an Artifact!

A Throne made out of Coal... quite appropriate for a Dwarven Settlement with 80 levels of Iron ore, Coal and Flux.

FL_053.jpg

FL_054.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Hmmm... I've been reading up on Monster Slayers, and they are far less useful than I thought even after becoming full citizens.

They cannot be used in place of a military. So we will have to accelerate our production of military equipment, and start drafting a few Dwarves.

Hmmm... I've been reading up on Monster Slayers, and they are far less useful than I thought even after becoming full citizens.

They cannot be used in place of a military. So we will have to accelerate our production of military equipment, and start drafting a few Dwarves.
Why can't they be used as military?

Why can't they be used as military?
They don't even appear in the list of dwarves to be selected when forming a military squad.

They don't even appear in the list of dwarves to be selected when forming a military squad.
Don't you have to wait until they became full citizenship to form them in the military?

Edit:
"

Removing their Monster Slayer Labor Location[edit]​

It is possible to remove a joined Monster Slayer's Labor Location of "Monster Slayer," effectively turning them into a non-military citizen of your fortress. Simply navigate to the unit, and in their Labor -> Locations tab click the red "X" next to the "Monster Slayer" entry to remove their designation as a Monster Slayer. Upon unpausing, the unit will get a different role based on their highest non-combat skill. They become available for labor and hauling jobs, but are not assignable to a military. It has been observed that they petition for full citizenship at a faster rate after the Monster Slayer role is removed."

or

"

How to have monster hunter citizens[edit]​

1) Accept long-term residency petition from monster hunter

2) Send monster hunter to another holding

3) Eventually monster hunter returns, under a different profession

4) Monster hunter will now apply for citizenship two years after return

"

"

Citizenship[edit]​

Long-term residents can apply for citizenship after living in the fort for about two years. Accepting the application will allow labors and occupations assigned to them.

To assign them occupations, the fort-wide occupation they initially had when applying for long-term residency must be unassigned. View the new resident, then select their Labor tab, then their Locations sub-tab, and remove any Location assignments. After this, the new citizens will become available for other occupations. Mercenaries, monster slayers, and beast hunters will never apply for citizenship, though any other visitor types can become a militia captain after citizenship, effectively making "all-visitor" squads possible.

"

Last edited:
The Fourth Monkey War started on schedule, but ended abruptly when they tried to invade across our Dodge-Em Trap.

FL_055.jpg

There are about five more corpses down at the bottom of the trap, including one that managed to survive the 20-level fall long enough to drag itself to the stairway and frighten a small child before expiring.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Our stupid Dwarves worship a totally unreasonable number of Gods... more Gods than Dwarves, perhaps. I've already set up fifteen different temples, and still some of the dwarves feel their religion is being marginalized.

Last edited:
Our stupid Dwarves worship a totally unreasonable number of Gods... more Gods than Dwarves, perhaps. I've already set up fifteen different temples, and still some of the drawves feel their religion is being marginalized.
Is it because this post was about religious matters that I'm not allowed to like or laugh at it?

Reactions:
Mod power : Unlikable.

Another Kobold Thief sneaks into our compound (Thieves are Trap-Immune) but he is spotted by a Turkey and withdraws.

FL_056.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions:
What items did he have? He looks to have pretty good stats.
I didn't really look at his items. But yes, I was impressed by his levels and stats.

The Turkey blew the whistle on him, anyway.

Kobolds are very easily dissuaded. I've started ignoring the notifications in my world. As soon as they pop up they're running for the hills. Snatchers are a little more aggressive, but still run when met with any military resistance.

He's a full mod now.
Demigod: a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

I believe Demigod still applies unless both of his parents are deities.