• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
All the very best wishes to one of the best fans ever. HurrAAR and vur ha, @diskoerekto :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well, @GhostRider124 has not been on the Forums in about 10 days. I've prompted and PM'd but I hope he'll forgive me if I move this forward.

I always enjoy looking around to see who the most active fans are, and the newest, and all the associated hallmarks of really encouraging folks. I had one user in mind who has not won this award before, but sadly he's not been around in a couple of weeks so I'll catch them another time.

I do enjoy giving this honor to folks who are new, and there are definitely some candidates. But there's also a reason why some people continue to receive the award over and over.

I'm going to honor someone who has won this award 6 times previously. So this is a 7th award. But this user has not been so awarded in a full 2 years. Nevertheless their encouraging activity and commenting in AARs has continued quite unabated.

Please, everyone, join me in congratulating our new Fan of the Week: @diskoerekto !

As is tradition (sadly not followed so much anymore), I'd like to ask if you could tell us a little about 2-3 AARs you're following. And then, of course, please pass this along to a new winner in a week's time (we're not following any particular day, so much as just asking that it be passed on in 7-8 days).

Rensslaer
Congrats to @diskoerekto . Looking forward to seeing the list of recommended AARs from this fan.
Congratulations @diskoerekto !
Congratulations @diskoerekto!
Congratulations @diskoerekto!
Congratulations, @diskoerekto
All the very best wishes to one of the best fans ever. HurrAAR and vur ha, @diskoerekto :)
Thank you for nominating me for this honor when I've been quite less active than I used to be, and thanks all for all your congratulations and good wishes! Real life has caught up with me in the past 2 years, so I've been barely able to continue following a couple of AARs let alone be really active in the community. I even haven't been able to vote for quarterly or yearly awards. In my life, well I'm now married, moved to a new place, mostly managed to deal with my previous place, changed job title and became burnt out, had multiple health issues that are mostly gone away now, and here I am!
Lately I've been only following a couple of AARs. I continue my tradition following all my friend @Bullfilter writes which are Blood and Empire: A Clash of Civilisations, Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936, and his latest AAR Dreams of Frisian Freedom. I'm also keeping up with the travails of Avon Las Observes by @Midnite Duke which is a different style. I also keep an eye on This is where it ends by @filcat but that's not that difficult based on his update speed :). On my start reading list, there are the Vic 3 AARs by @Nikolai which are quite numerous! My intention is to start with Cape O'hoy - A Cape Colony AAR since my only AAR was a Vic2 one that took place in the same vicinity (well on the receiving end of British expansion) (he has no less than 4 other Vic3 AARs that are on my list).
Thanks all once again for this honor, I love this great community, and I'd like to pass this to @Chac1, and congrats already!

• 4Love
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Congratulations @Chac1 !

And I look forward to hear your thoughts on my AARs, old and new, @diskoerekto !

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Congratulations on your marriage, and new job (blessings and curses, aren't they? :D), new house, and new health (sounds like) @diskoerekto! Yes, that's alot to deal with, and has derailed many of us at times.

Congratulations @Chac1 ! Thank you for being such a breath of fresh air and flurry of activity!

Rensslaer

• 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Huge congratulations, @Chac1, for your impressive involvement in all things AARland, as well as your imaginative AARs.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Congratulations @Chac1! You've been a great commenter and reader all over the many places of AARland!

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Many congratulations @Chac1! As has been mentioned, there is no doubt you have swiftly become a great fan of this place and that always keeps us cool. :cool:

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Thank you so much to everyone. What an unexpected Monday surprise. You folks have made my week! Very honored to now have a second golden fan.
GoldenFan.png
Very much appreciated @diskoerekto . I was unaware you knew of any of my work, although, yes, we have both commented on some of the fine work by @Bullfilter .

Huge congratulations, @Chac1, for your impressive involvement in all things AARland, as well as your imaginative AARs.
Many congratulations @Chac1! As has been mentioned, there is no doubt you have swiftly become a great fan of this place and that always keeps us cool. :cool:
Congratulations @Chac1 !

And I look forward to hear your thoughts on my AARs, old and new, @diskoerekto !
Congratulations on your marriage, and new job (blessings and curses, aren't they? :D), new house, and new health (sounds like) @diskoerekto! Yes, that's alot to deal with, and has derailed many of us at times.

Congratulations @Chac1 ! Thank you for being such a breath of fresh air and flurry of activity!
Great to get this acknowledgement too from the heavyweights of AARland. So very much appreciate the work of @Lord Durham , @coz1 , @Nikolai & @Rensslaer for building this place into what it is today. I have very much appreciated the history of the place and the community that has been built. Enjoyed my past ten months here immensely. Thanks for the warm welcome to this newcomer. Others have contributed to that too, but you folks have been here laying down the foundations for years.

Not sure about being a breath of fresh air (could that be stale mead-breath instead?) but I appreciate that Renss. Some in this group have become good virtual friends.
Congratulations on your award, @Chac1. You have breathed new life into Avon.
Talk about someone who is supportive! @Midnite Duke has been encouraging me and others from the start. Can't take any real credit regarding Avon but I do enjoy your unique comedic approach.
Congratulations @Chac1!
Thanks to the Signalman! Appreciate your support too, sir. @Macavity116 just wrapped up an AAR, Song of the Solitaire, and it was quite good. Although a sequel of sorts is already near launch, I believe.
Congratulations @Chac1! You've been a great commenter and reader all over the many places of AARland!
Thanks, @jak7139 . Great to be connecting with you and your work recently. For those who haven't seen it, Jak's Machinations of the Medici is one of the hidden gems that has come out in the past year. That's another complete AAR for those interested in something that is not an ongoing series.

Besides the work already mentioned here by @Midnite Duke , @Macavity116 , & @jak7139 there's quite a few AARs that I follow. Apologies if I miss any. I recently discussed some of them in the bAAR. But for those who don't want to go there for a drink and some interesting discussion, I'll repeat some of those recommendations here.

Let me start with an AAR that I'm back-reading right now and have yet to catch up on the current action: New Era, Old Gods by @Bergil . Wish I had found that one earlier.

As mentioned, I'm a fan of @Bullfilter . I follow two of his: Blood and Empire; and Poles Apart.
Been following the work of @HistoryDude since my arrival last May. His Confessing Their Apostasies is among my favorites.
Of course, there's @The Kingmaker who won various accolades at this year's YAYAs. (Checking the winners and ballots in that awards list and the quarterly ACAs is a good idea for anyone to find new AARs.) Mead and Blood and Omentide are the ones I follow of his excellent offerings.
Folks know my devotion started with CK2, and one of the best in that sub-forum is from @Superstorm : Wings of Faith, Wings of Fury.
CK2 has one of the most active sub-forums (although EU4 is likely more active) with several new AARs from folks who have been around for a while and newcomers too. One of the promising new ones is The Anglo-Saxon Exodus: A Tale of Surviving by @LancelotRS .
In the CK3 sub-forum, one of my favorites is The Legacy of Eadmund by @Koweth .
Like @diskoerekto , I also appreciate the work of @filcat , This is where it ends.

(I just have to say @diskoerekto hang in there. Sounds like you have a lot to celebrate. This is a welcoming spot. Folks certainly appreciate your contributions. I appreciate the nomination. AARland is a good place to find some interesting reading of all types.)

Sorry, not done with this list yet....

Can't forget Shining Stars from @Rensslaer (and I have some others from him on my list to try too) and To Boldly Go by @VILenin . If you like fantasy, you may want to try The Fourth Age by @Uriel Blackwing .

I know, it may take a week to get through this list, but I also have a reading queue that includes: @coz1 ; @DensleyBlair ; @Nikolai and others . Yes, I may eventually find the time to jump into the deep water of the works of @El Pip & @TheButterflyComposer too. So much to read!

And for those who prefer video, try out That Time A Bunch of Pope-Worshipping Warrior Nuns Ruled Europe by @Lelling in the CK3 sub-forum.

All that should give you an idea of the places I like to visit in AARland. And there are more places, and folks who explore more than I do! Have fund exploring and thanks to everyone for your support.

• 5Love
  • 2Like
Reactions:
In the middle of a cricket tournament at the moment and have just caught up with the good news that another favourite fan (and authAAR) has been recognised here. Congratulations @Chac1 :)

Thanks also for the kind words to both @diskoerekto (strength to your arm in turbulent but hopefully mainly very good times) and @Chac1 May you both live long and prosper!

• 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Congrats @Chac1 (and thanks for the mention)!

• 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I was unaware you knew of any of my work
I might be mistaken but I remember you having an EU4 AAR (one in India, or one in which you switch countries every now and then?) which I enjoyed (that I couldn't find in your inkwell so I doubt myself), although my reason for passing on the nomination to you was due to co-commenting to same fine @Bullfilter threads. Thanks for your good wishes and once again this is a great community to be in.

• 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Sorry for the slow response. A lot going on outside the Forum for me and here too at the same time.

In the middle of a cricket tournament at the moment and have just caught up with the good news that another favourite fan (and authAAR) has been recognised here. Congratulations @Chac1 :)

Thanks also for the kind words to both @diskoerekto (strength to your arm in turbulent but hopefully mainly very good times) and @Chac1 May you both live long and prosper!
Thanks for coming in from your end of summer tournament to wish me well @Bullfilter . Hope you are doing well. Also....

SpockLiveLong.png

Congrats @Chac1 (and thanks for the mention)!
You are most welcome!
And thanks for my big surprise today. Still a bit staggered by that. :cool:
I might be mistaken but I remember you having an EU4 AAR (one in India, or one in which you switch countries every now and then?) which I enjoyed (that I couldn't find in your inkwell so I doubt myself), although my reason for passing on the nomination to you was due to co-commenting to same fine @Bullfilter threads. Thanks for your good wishes and once again this is a great community to be in.
Sorry, not me @diskoerekto . But it does appear I should have been playing EU4 long ago. So many folks recommend it and now that I know more about the history of Paradox I see how influential it has been to so many other games. I think if any game is calling to me though it is CK3. I'm enticed by the mod for the New World that has Mayans and Aztecs. However, given so much else (all those work-life balance items) that is likely far off in the future. Hang in there, sir. I'll note what you said about burn out and other matters. Having good hobbies and good communities fight the effects of those negative items, along with the first step in conquering them: recognizing them. Many of us have been there too. Come back to the places that welcome you when you need some relief. Thanks again for nominating me.

• 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Since we're having a brief Star Trek interlude, I figured I might share a fascinating interview I might easily have missed and was very glad to find. I assume others might be just as fascinated about the backstory behind the Vulcan salute. @Bullfilter @Chac1 @VILenin @Nikolai

Rensslaer

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
My catchup journey continues. Mildly late congratulations to the familiar face of @diskoerekto and current congratulations to the very busy and always welcome @Chac1 .

I also want to add a general sense of appreciation to all involved recently as it has been good to see a discussion on favourite AARs and works from all the recent winners, excellent stuff.

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: