• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations!

A couple of hectic days are ahead of me, so I picked the new fan of the week early. While I did not have time between my various projects in the last week to give either "84 Years in Vienna" or "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Saint Petersburg" more than cursory glance, I did review Quirinus308's comments in the former.

His constructive, insightful, and encouraging comments seem to exemplify AAR fandom. Moreover, he has made some converts to this AAR he enjoys - in a convenient public forum for me to note it.

Last edited:
Congratulations Quirinius!!!

A very good choice, Brasidas!

Quirinius, step on up and tell the forums about yourself! :D

Rensslaer

Congratulations Quirinus!

Well done Quirinus308', congratulations :)

Well done, winning the Showcase and the Fan in succession! All that is left is the WoW!

Congratulations, Quirinus308! :)

Congratulations Quirinus308! :)

anonymous4401 said:
Well done, winning the Showcase and the Fan in succession! All that is left is the WoW!

Ah yes, all those bribes are starting to pay off.

For me, being a writer and a fan went hand in hand. I was a lurker for about a year, just reading the AAR's so that I would be a better player. When I sterted writing my first AAR, that was when I began to realize the importance of people leaving comments in an AAR.

The single fan who made the greatest impact for me as a writer was my friend Renslaer. Having a writer of his caliber reading and commenting about my little AAR really encouraged me alot.

It always makes me happy when I see some of the big name writers leaving post in other AAR's, especially for our newest writers. I'm not going to recomend Renslaer for the award (although he would certainly be deserving), but I would encourage others to follow his example.

Having said all that, I would like to mention my two favorite AAR's going on at present. (both are in the Vicky forums)

[thread=248276]84 years in Vienna[/thread]
by der Kaiser, a very well written and thought through AAR

[thread=252301]Rise of the Zombie Napoleon, an undead AAR[/thread]
by Hannibal Barca, pretty self explanitory

Wanted to pop in and say a hearty congrats to thos Fans I have missed congratulating in my time away. Good to see this effort still going strong.

Quirinus308: Ah yes, all those bribes are starting to pay off.

i would believe you, except that as a recent holder of this honor i did not receive even one offer of anything! ! ;)

congratulations Quirinus308! ! :cool:

Quirinus308: ...Having said all that, I would like to mention my two favorite AAR's going on at present...

[thread=248276]84 years in Vienna[/thread]
by der Kaiser, a very well written and thought through AAR

[thread=252301]Rise of the Zombie Napoleon, an undead AAR[/thread]
by Hannibal Barca, pretty self explanatory /Quirinus308

i have been very short of time, but i will make an increased effort to read these two AARs, as well as a couple more titles that interest me! ! :D