• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok, upload conversion's log.txt and that save, and any custom ck3 mods you may be using and I'll try to replicate.
Roman_Mega_Campaign 2 is my transfer from Imperator to CK3.
Rome_Imperator_7 is my transfer from CK3 to EU4.
Rome Imperator MC7 is my save in CK3 before the transfer.

Attachments

• log.txt
    220,8 KB · Views: 0
  • Rome_Imperator_7.rar
    11,3 MB · Views: 0
  • Roman_Mega_Campaign_2.rar
    21,4 MB · Views: 0
  • Rome Imperator MC 7.ck3
    26,1 MB · Views: 0
Roman_Mega_Campaign 2 is my transfer from Imperator to CK3.
Rome_Imperator_7 is my transfer from CK3 to EU4.
Rome Imperator MC7 is my save in CK3 before the transfer.
I don't know where to even start. You plugged in a list of over 40 mods without any regard if they work together. They don't. You can't use RICE along with an imperator conversion, much less all the roman culture/flavor mods that are completely unsupported by the converter. I can't even replicate this list of mods as some of them are no longer on steam. From what the converter tells me, there is no HRE in your save (but I can't open CK3 to confirm anything due to missing mods), and thus it can't shatter HRE into anything since it's not found.

In the future, if you're running a megacampaign, keep the modlist at a bare minimum, with only visual stuff and maybe some UI elements. Certainly no full-game alterations like RICE and similar unless those are explicitly supported.

Reactions:
Hi there!

I'm starting my first megacampaign soon and wanted to ask a few questions regarding possible issues. I intend for my campaign to be very ahistorical, as I will be starting in Imperator and playing a nation which will ultimately suppress the rise of the strange death cult known as Christianity. I was wondering if doing so will cause certain converters to break along the way because they will be expecting certain religions or nations to have existed.

Or basically: What happens if I take a majority pagan world from CK3 into EU4, and then from EU4 into Vic3?

I also wanted to ask a couple clarifying questions about mods.

I've been informed that More Navigatable Rivers for Invictus works with the Imp > CK3 converter. Does the More Navigatable Rivers mod for CK3 also work with the CK3 to EU4 converter?

Thanks!

Hi there!

I'm starting my first megacampaign soon and wanted to ask a few questions regarding possible issues. I intend for my campaign to be very ahistorical, as I will be starting in Imperator and playing a nation which will ultimately suppress the rise of the strange death cult known as Christianity. I was wondering if doing so will cause certain converters to break along the way because they will be expecting certain religions or nations to have existed.

Or basically: What happens if I take a majority pagan world from CK3 into EU4, and then from EU4 into Vic3?

I also wanted to ask a couple clarifying questions about mods.

I've been informed that More Navigatable Rivers for Invictus works with the Imp > CK3 converter. Does the More Navigatable Rivers mod for CK3 also work with the CK3 to EU4 converter?

Thanks!
Without christianity there will be a very long Age of discovery in eu4 and Age of Reformation will be practically skipped. That's about the extent of game mechanics that will be altered.

As for map-changing mods, they are *not* supported by ck3toeu4 or eu4tovic3, with the notable exceptions of Voltaire's nightmare and HPM, none of which apply to you. CK2toeu4 does support HIPS if you want to use ck2 instead of CK3.

Without christianity there will be a very long Age of discovery in eu4 and Age of Reformation will be practically skipped. That's about the extent of game mechanics that will be altered.

As for map-changing mods, they are *not* supported by ck3toeu4 or eu4tovic3, with the notable exceptions of Voltaire's nightmare and HPM, none of which apply to you. CK2toeu4 does support HIPS if you want to use ck2 instead of CK3.
I appreciate the quick reply, thank you!

I do love HIPS for CK2, but not sure I could go back to it after playing CK3.

Thanks again!

Said it transferred opened game nothing, got these warnings not sure what they are. game is in the mod as seen in the first screenshot. no idea what to do.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-06 180411.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-06 180411.png
    6,4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-04-06 180331.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-06 180331.png
    56,5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-04-06 180311.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-06 180311.png
    18 KB · Views: 0
Said it transferred opened game nothing, got these warnings not sure what they are. game is in the mod as seen in the first screenshot. no idea what to do.
Well for one, your "Crusader Kings III Documents Directory" and "Europa Universalis IV Mod Directory" should point elsewhere and not at steam files. You want the folder ending (most likely) in "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III" and "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV\mod" respectively. It's that same Documents\Paradox Interactive root folder that is in your savegame path.

Hello,
as I'm getting closer to the end of CK3 branch of my first SP megacampaign I started testing the conversion and I've run into a couple of issues, at least two of which I would like to get fixed before final conversion.

First one is that Polish letters (maybe some others as well but these I noticed) such as "ł", "ż", "ę", "ś" are getting converted as "?". The converter threw a lot of errors about transliteration but the polish ones are the only ones missing that I noticed. It might be relevant that I'm on Linux and in Poland (though system language is set to English). The names are generic CK3 ones, I didn't play any Polish characters this campaign.
20240413185218_1.jpg

The second issue (also visible on screenshot above) is that countries with Avaro-Mögyer culture convert to Steppe tech group which doesn't make much sense in context. Is there a way to change that so they convert to eastern (or western) tech group? I didn't find anything obvious in configuration.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

EDIT:
I'm playing Vanilla CK3.

Attachments

• log.txt
    257,9 KB · Views: 0
  • Duke_Oengus_of_Ulster_1303_11_17.ck3
    70,7 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Hello,
as I'm getting closer to the end of CK3 branch of my first SP megacampaign I started testing the conversion and I've run into a couple of issues, at least two of which I would like to get fixed before final conversion.

First one is that Polish letters (maybe some others as well but these I noticed) such as "ł", "ż", "ę", "ś" are getting converted as "?". The converter threw a lot of errors about transliteration but the polish ones are the only ones missing that I noticed. It might be relevant that I'm on Linux and in Poland (though system language is set to English). The names are generic CK3 ones, I didn't play any Polish characters this campaign.

The second issue (also visible on screenshot above) is that countries with Avaro-Mögyer culture convert to Steppe tech group which doesn't make much sense in context. Is there a way to change that so they convert to eastern (or western) tech group? I didn't find anything obvious in configuration.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

EDIT:
I'm playing Vanilla CK3.
Since EU4 does not support Polish language or encodings required for correct font display, we cannot support it either. If you get names with ? letters, I suggest finding those strings in localization/ folder of the converted mod and fixing them manually.

As for Avaro-Hungarian culture, converter looks at first of the two cultures when converting hybrid cultures. Hungaro-Avar would be western tech and carpathian culture group, Avaro-Hungarian would be steppe tech and tatar culture group. Again, you can edit the converted mod and move the culture to carpathian group.

Reactions:
Since EU4 does not support Polish language or encodings required for correct font display, we cannot support it either. If you get names with ? letters, I suggest finding those strings in localization/ folder of the converted mod and fixing them manually.
Will do. Is that something that always happens? I thought something isn't working right since char_reduce.txt in configurables contains transliteration for those letters and I assumed the converter would switch them.
Also, will EU4 mod copy any culture name lists from CK3 eg. for cultures divergent from Polish? I assume I would need to search and replace those letters in history files for relevant countries but if it takes anything from CK3 lists there might be additional files that need changing.

Will do. Is that something that always happens? I thought something isn't working right since char_reduce.txt in configurables contains transliteration for those letters and I assumed the converter would switch them.

No. When I run the save the loc degrader behaves as expected. So yeah, probably some system thing.

1713080906006.png

Also, will EU4 mod copy any culture name lists from CK3 eg. for cultures divergent from Polish? I assume I would need to search and replace those letters in history files for relevant countries but if it takes anything from CK3 lists there might be additional files that need changing.
Yup, there's the cultural namelists in addition to the history files, modname/common/cultures/!.ZZ-dynamic-cultures.txt

• 1Like
Reactions:
hi! i have a question about the multiplayer stuff, i looked through this thread, and i found something about editing the .mod file, but i cant find anywhere where it mentions my like, file explorer username, is that still something you have to edit if you wanna play with a friend?

hi! i have a question about the multiplayer stuff, i looked through this thread, and i found something about editing the .mod file, but i cant find anywhere where it mentions my like, file explorer username, is that still something you have to edit if you wanna play with a friend?
Only if you're manually sharing the mods and not uploading it to steam workshop. When manually installing, before you zip it and send it off to your friends, make sure the .mod file has a line that just says path = "mod/Mod'sFolderName". If it's more specific, "C:\Users\User\Docs\BlahBlah...", replace it with path = "mod/Mod'sFolderName" using whatever name you gave the mod. The PDX launcher changes the .mod file when it reads path = "mod/Mod'sFolderName" into the specific path and you don't have to worry about it, but that could be why you might see "mod not found on disc" issues if sharing the local mod manually.

(CK3, but same principle) - https://ck3.paradoxwikis.com/Modding#Installing_mods_manually

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hello once again!

I'm here to ask for guidance. We're doing a mega-campaign and will be using this mod. Is there any way to convert the game with dynasties instead of houses for the EU4 tied dynasties? If there isn't a way for me to edit it, could we have like a toggle for that in the converter in the future?

Thank you very much!

Hello once again!

I'm here to ask for guidance. We're doing a mega-campaign and will be using this mod. Is there any way to convert the game with dynasties instead of houses for the EU4 tied dynasties? If there isn't a way for me to edit it, could we have like a toggle for that in the converter in the future?

Thank you very much!
No, no, we don't do that. The nature of the game is to have dynasties span huge amounts of land if you let the game run long enough, making half of europe technically the same dynasty. That's what the houses are for in the first place - to break stuff up. I don't intend on changing this.
You can edit the finished save manually and give your rulers the same surname, which will have the desired effect.

No, no, we don't do that. The nature of the game is to have dynasties span huge amounts of land if you let the game run long enough, making half of europe technically the same dynasty. That's what the houses are for in the first place - to break stuff up. I don't intend on changing this.
You can edit the finished save manually and give your rulers the same surname, which will have the desired effect.

Within the same empire or a bigger kingdom, all your dukes of the same house uncles even, just make their own of-shoots in a pretty short span of time. And in EU4 you can easily lose an heir or just get inherited. :D

But thanks for the heads up that you can edit the name, so they'll be the same dynasty. Will have to look into how to do it post conversion then.

Within the same empire or a bigger kingdom, all your dukes of the same house uncles even, just make their own of-shoots in a pretty short span of time. And in EU4 you can easily lose an heir or just get inherited. :D

But thanks for the heads up that you can edit the name, so they'll be the same dynasty. Will have to look into how to do it post conversion then.
I almost implemented an option like your talking about just for myself, but I went with modding CK3's create_cadet_branch_decision AI factors instead. Which might be a bit late for you now, but you can find a couple of workshop mods under "Less Cadet Branches."

I grabbed one and put my own spin on it, primarily adding or strengthening this factor.

Code:
        modifier = {
            add = -50
            is_independent_ruler = no
            any_liege_or_above = {
                dynasty = root.dynasty
            }
        }

• 1Like
Reactions:
What are the conditions for a dynamic/custom cultures to trigger "Custom" national ideas for a converted output nation in EU4? So far every nation I've checked seems to have the pre-written ideas from either the convertor itself or EU4, and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or misunderstanding the button in the converter.

I saw something in one of the earlier replies about changing tag mappings to force it and for the UK at least this just seems to force all the UK nations to have british ducal traditions by default.

Thanks for all the work you do! It's really impressive!

What are the conditions for a dynamic/custom cultures to trigger "Custom" national ideas for a converted output nation in EU4? So far every nation I've checked seems to have the pre-written ideas from either the convertor itself or EU4, and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or misunderstanding the button in the converter.

I saw something in one of the earlier replies about changing tag mappings to force it and for the UK at least this just seems to force all the UK nations to have british ducal traditions by default.

Thanks for all the work you do! It's really impressive!
So the culture needs to be a divergent or hybridized culture in ck3. The converter should generate the ideas for these, whether they are used or not.

These ideas are then assigned (at the end of the ideas list) to all countries of their culture. With how the EU4 file structure works, a tag will only use the first idea group assigned to it. As the vanilla assignments go before our own, if an existing tag-based idea group exists, it will overrule.

You can try not being a vanilla or otherwise mapped tag, or you can try moving the culture assigned groups to the front to go first. Go into the mod somewhere in the common\ideas folder and find the dynamic national ideas file and rename it from ZZ_whatever to !!_whatever. I don't have time to look at it right now but I can be more specific later if needed.

Last edited: