• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think it would be a better alternative if this converter just converted it inside its own folder, perhaps by choice (?), so that one doesn't need to have the game installed directly for it to work (If this is the issue), as I personally keep EU3 on a external harddrive as backup.

EDIT: Nevermind, I seem to have fixed my problem. It was a RegEdit error.

Last edited:
I think it would be a better alternative if this converter just converted it inside its own folder, perhaps by choice (?), so that one doesn't need to have the game installed directly for it to work (If this is the issue), as I personally keep EU3 on a external harddrive as backup.

EDIT: Nevermind, I seem to have fixed my problem. It was a RegEdit error.

Oh sire,you have me an idea,to clean my reg errors..
haven't done for like half a year now..

EDIT:this resulted me in getting not enough tags..But i have Realm Duress trait on my duke..
my dear god..

EDIT2:Once i trolled several minors,i tried to convert again..
same error again..

Last edited:
Oh sire,you have me an idea,to clean my reg errors..
haven't done for like half a year now..

EDIT:this resulted me in getting not enough tags..But i have Realm Duress trait on my duke..
my dear god..

EDIT2:Once i trolled several minors,i tried to convert again..
same error again..

I seem to have the same problem, though my Europe is totally split up into tiny pieces due to a weak HRE. I have 179 independent nations, how about you?

Sorry for not being responsive here. I'm still rather focused on the EU3->V2 converter.

In any case, I tried running the converter, and I'm seeing some errors of my own. I'm guessing it's related to either the final HttT patch, or my DW install. Also, I couldn't really debug it because I'm getting errors from my Eclipse installation.

As for the not enough tags error, yeah, that can be annoying. The only real solution is to eliminate independent counts and dukes. The converter will always make the converted date Oct 14, 1399, so you can keep playing to make that happen. Or you can edit the CK save.

I finally managed to convert,but the game crashes when I select my army..(4000 men regiment,positioned in the capital province)

EDIT:I fixed the crashing issue by deleting this army in the savegame file.However,there is another issue..Several countries have this "no_government" government which is highly annoying.

Last edited:
What changes would I need to make on the cvdata and/or other things to make this converter compatible to the SRI mod? Would I need to change some of the settings in the EU3 textfiles as well?

Eventually. I'm focused on the EU3->V2 mod right now. But I do have some games I want to convert to DW, so *something* will exist. Eventually.

Cool thanks for the answer, reson I just cant play and convert to HttT is becous I have EU3 Chronicles and as far as I know you cant exclud any of the expansions so you basicaly have to play DW.

Anyways thanks for the answer and good luck with the "V2 mod" I will check it out :)

It's now been over 3 years that I've been waiting to continue my Super Russia game. :(
3/23/2008 6:17 PM
Kingdom of Rus_1399_August_1.eug

Someday..

It's now been over 3 years that I've been waiting to continue my Super Russia game. :(
3/23/2008 6:17 PM
Kingdom of Rus_1399_August_1.eug

Someday..

What version of EU3 are you hoping to convert to? This converter dates from early 2010, and AFAIK works for most people. And there's a converter that should handle earlyier EU3 version.s It's just DW that's unsupported by anyone right now.

What version of EU3 are you hoping to convert to? This converter dates from early 2010, and AFAIK works for most people. And there's a converter that should handle earlyier EU3 version.s It's just DW that's unsupported by anyone right now.
Whatever the latest is at any given time, or will be the latest, so, Divine Wind.

I almost did it with IN, but then HTTT was announced. I never knew a compatible version was made for it though, I thought dynasty tags had to be worked out and heirs..

Whatever the latest is at any given time, or will be the latest, so, Divine Wind.

I almost did it with IN, but then HTTT was announced. I never knew a compatible version was made for it though, I thought dynasty tags had to be worked out and heirs..

Yeah, those were the big additions for this converter. That, and the new date format in the save files. We'll get there eventually, though AFAIK I'm the only programmer working on any public converters right now.

I've got an error message from it, and it's in every save file.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source)
at net.sourceforge.ck2httt.eu3.EU3FileChanger.<init>(EU3FileChanger.java
:133)
at net.sourceforge.ck2httt.eu3.EU3Country.<init>(EU3Country.java:378)
at net.sourceforge.ck2httt.eu3.EU3Country.get(EU3Country.java:352)
at net.sourceforge.ck2httt.cv.CvCountry.preWriteAll(CvCountry.java:671)
at net.sourceforge.ck2httt.CK2HttT.main(CK2HttT.java:91)

At one particular save file I've got another error, something about dynasties, like nyczhugo had above me - my dynasty file on this install is untouched.

Hello, I've been trying to get the converter to work but I need some help. I think its probably mostly my fault for where and how I have everything installed on my computer, but I need some help being pointed in the right directions. So let me start off with the command prompt window:

C:\users\james\desktop\ck2httt 1.1.0>ck2httt.bat

C:\users\james\desktop\ck2httt 1.1.0>"c:\program files <x86>\java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -xms500m -xmx500m -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 -cp CK2HttT.jar "c:\users\james\desktop\games\paradox\crusader kings" "c:\users\james\desktop\games\paradox\europa universalis" "autosave.eug"
Exception in tread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: C:\users\james\desktop\games\paradox\crusader kings
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: C:\users\james\desktop\games\paradox\crusader kings
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run<Unknown Source>
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged<Native Method>
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass<Unknown Source>
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass<Unknown Source>
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass<Unkown Source>
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass<Unknown Source>
Could not find the main class: C:\users\james\desktop\games\paradox\crusader kings. Program will exit.

And thats where I'm at after about 8 hours. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hope the DW converter will be available at some point! :) Would be great to continue my multiplayer game with one of my friends in DW :D

I know this is a bit of thread necromancy, but I'm having troubles with the converter. Yes, I reinstalled/downgraded my EU3 just so I could keep playing my epic Swedish Empire (primary culture: Norwegian) game. The issue I'm having is that the converter can't find my EU3 install, eventhough I specify it [could not find the main class: <EU3dir>. Program will exit.]. When I don't specify anything it prompts me for the location of CK and what save to use instead and seemingly completes the conversion, but then the resulting save-file just disappear on me.

EDIT the next evening:
This is really bugging me! I've tried emptying all EU3 stuff from my computer (uninstalling, deleting, registry cleaning, rebooting). Reinstalled it, set all the EU3 folders and files to not be write-protected in any way. Tried the .bat both with the auto-finder and with me specifically telling the program where to find the EU3 folder. and it STILL just will not work stating [could not find the main class: c:\Spel\Paradox Interactive\EU3. Program will exit.]. what could I be doing wrong?
/it's a windows 7 machine.

Last edited:
I had the same "disappearing file" problem. It sucks that there is no working DV->EU3 converter except for Yvesps, but that works only up to IN. Why doesn't Paradox develop its own converters? I think that it it would be a boon to sales of CK, EU3, Victoria and HOI if people could continue from one game into another, go 900 years. Just my 2 cents.