• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"but im soooo smallll!!"
"LOOOOK that one is bigger! Look, look!"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I eagerly await the results, Oddman. Few things make a peanut happier than up to the minute information.

1. You know, when Blayne did his best to collapse my nation..?
2. With Python. [Interpret the save file to find out who owns which province; tally the provinces and their basetax values from provinces.csv.] It'll take a while :).

Bavaria, if you please. You know, the actual resident superpower.

I’m taking extra care not to be absent during CK and it looks like it has payed off ;P

I shall hereby venture to undertake the analysis of current game status; that is, to determine which country controls which provinces, and what the sum of the base tax of
those provinces is.

Gentlemen (and women), I will be scripting.
And expecting AAR rewards for it, too.

Regards,

The Odd Man, who is not nearly as powerful as his competitors will have you believe.

An excellent idea but it’s already been done by KoM I’m afraid. Here’s the stats for you if you don’t have the converter (and for all the peanuts of course), hopefully it'll save you some work:

Current basetax:
LEON : 430
BOHE : 417
PERS : 364
DENM : 347
RUSS : 326
FATI : 289
CROA : 286
BULG : 169
I'd say that you are just as poweful as I'd have everyone believe! Poor Bavaria is only a cuddly kitten in comparison.

The converter needs to parse the save file anyway; once you've got it in a programmatically accessible format, adding some stats is trivial. I didn't even award myself an AAR reward for it.

The converter needs to parse the save file anyway; once you've got it in a programmatically accessible format, adding some stats is trivial. I didn't even award myself an AAR reward for it.

Figures.
I, on the other hand, do not yet possess the save file data in a programmatically accessible format - I am setting out to get it, and derive some less trivial stats when I've got it.

Also: my current base tax is beefed due to having pre-emptively liberated some of Frosty's land, and Frosty's is in the pits due to Blayne.

I'm planning to do something which can look back in time as well. Speaking of which: my saves only go back to 1220 or so; can anyone provide any more saves? KoM, did you happen to document them meticulously from the start?

Also: getting the hang of parsing Paradox save files will come in handy, both for generating info from EU3 and for the inevitable moment when we'll decide leaving the EU3>V2 converter in Blayne's hands is a bad idea and I have to contribute, because I said I would.

I'm planning to do something which can look back in time as well. Speaking of which: my saves only go back to 1220 or so; can anyone provide any more saves? KoM, did you happen to document them meticulously from the start?

Also: getting the hang of parsing Paradox save files will come in handy, both for generating info from EU3 and for the inevitable moment when we'll decide leaving the EU3>V2 converter in Blayne's hands is a bad idea and I have to contribute, because I said I would.

Thats not happening, KoM seems happy with the direction of the converter is going and you got your skillbased redistribution.

Bavaria, if you please. You know, the actual resident superpower.

Fivoin has yet to need a sub. Hes been here like every session.

bt_graph.png

Lo, I present to you: the fortunes of the player dynasties, as measured in base tax.
On the x-axis, one sees the passage of time; on the y-axis, the amount of (independent! being a vassal of someone else doesn't count) base tax owned by the most powerful member of a player dynasty.

Notice for instance the big dip of the Rurikovich*es just after 1300: this was when an Arab was on the throne.

If someone can supply me with save games further into the past, I can extend the graph. Also notice that there's a spot where the lines are all straight, just after 1240: I was absent for a session, so I don't have the intermediate saves, so no data points. Moar saves is moar data, people!

(AAR reward: stab!)

Attachments

• bt_graph.png
    bt_graph.png
    118,2 KB · Views: 27
I have all the session-start saves, but I delete the intermediate rehosting saves. I'll see if I can post them later on.

Hey hey hey! Blayne may be organizing the project (and he's been *asking* for input of the various conversion decisions), but I'm the one programming it, so in the end, it's in my hands. Not that I would argue about help, especially if you're willing to make improvements to the parsing layer…

Edit: Not that means you shouldn't necessarily worry. I am a fan of KoM's writings, after all.

Last edited:
Hey hey hey! Blayne may be organizing the project (and he's been *asking* for input of the various conversion decisions), but I'm the one programming it, so in the end, it's in my hands. Not that I would argue about help, especially if you're willing to make improvements to the parsing layer…

Edit: Not that means you shouldn't necessarily worry. I am a fan of KoM's writings, after all.

Just somehow this doesn't sound as strong as a defense as it could be. (-_-') Orz...

Lo, I present to you: the fortunes of the player dynasties, as measured in base tax.
On the x-axis, one sees the passage of time; on the y-axis, the amount of (independent! being a vassal of someone else doesn't count) base tax owned by the most powerful member of a player dynasty.

Notice for instance the big dip of the Rurikovich*es just after 1300: this was when an Arab was on the throne.

If someone can supply me with save games further into the past, I can extend the graph. Also notice that there's a spot where the lines are all straight, just after 1240: I was absent for a session, so I don't have the intermediate saves, so no data points. Moar saves is moar data, people!

We in the color blind department would like to complain about unwarranted discrimination!