• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats @Nikolai - you’re evAARywhere! :D

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Congratulations to my good friend, @Nikolai, and also belated congratulations to @Macavity116! They're two of my favorite authAARs as well as very supportive readAARs. Very well deserved in both cases.
Thanks my friend! I appriciate it. :)
I'm disappointed how little you know me. A coffee table indeed, like I'd allow anything bean juice related into the house.

The other minor point is that is has never been Stellaris I've objected to, just awards rotating around the same sub-forum. So an award going from Stellaris to Vic 3 will leave the furniture un-flipped.

Congratulations indeed @Nikolai for a well deserved win, the tale of King Auerlian in the land of the mutant two-headed, five legged horse is well worth a read.
Thanks Pip, it's quite the world isn't it? ;)
Congratulations to @Nikolai . Your AAR is in my reading queue and after the description from @El Pip , I want to read it all the more! Well done.
Thanks! I may caution you there is a slight chance the Pip overstates how special the world is, but I hope to see you around! :)
Congrats, @Nikolai. Well deserved honour for King Aurelian. BTW, here's another batch of funny tasting wine for Pavlos...
Thanks! That batch of wine will be thoroughly tested, I think. ;)
Congrats @Nikolai - you’re evAARywhere! :D
Sometimes it feels like it, but then I remember how much more I read and commented - and wrote! - merely a couple years ago!
Congratulations on your win King Aurelian (or is it Despot Aurelian) and @Nikolai. King Aurelian, how we wish you were immortal or sterile for your descendants leave a little to be desired.
You know, you have a point. Things were better under him than Pavlos. And Pavlos has sired a son...do you think he was or is a good father and mentor? :p

• 3Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
All of the congrats came early in the week so allow me a late one as the week ends, @Nikolai. Super well done, sir!

• 2Like
Reactions:

All of the congrats came early in the week so allow me a late one as the week ends, @Nikolai. Super well done, sir!
Thank you, to both! :D

As my week ends, I am happy. Happy because He is risen, but for the benefit of this awAARd happy because my problem is solved. I had no idea who to give it to, as I follow fewer narrative AARs than other kinds, and I feel obligated to give it to someone really worthy. And this Easter, an old and excellent AAR rose from the grave, so to speak. A new update in one of my favorite ongoing (albeit slowly!) AARs, featuring a time period I am curious about and know little about, with very life like and intriguing characters with hard to write and pronounce names. I am, of course, talking about the latest installment of @The Kingmaker 's Mead and Blood, where a new character appeared this week, with Cuthberht, a man on the brink of death, but bold and wise in his last days, stood out like none other. Congratulations old friend, you are the Character Writer of the Week!

• 3Love
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Excellent! Just as @The Kingmaker hands off one award he is deservedly granted another! Huzzah! This is certainly a golden time for him but we all benefit from the richness of his work.

I agree Cuthberht is a stand out, perhaps the best character @The Kingmaker has shared with us in the past year or so. Hoping he can hang around for another chapter or two.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Congrats, @The Kingmaker. Timely choice. I happened to read the entire thing in one sitting yesterday. There's some really good characters here, but I agree, Cuthberht is a standout.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Congratulations @The Kingmaker! I'm glad Mead and Blood is back! Well done!

• 1Love
Reactions:
Congratulations @The Kingmaker !

Cuthberht is a really interesting character, and I hope we see more of him before his demise. Mead and Blood has alot of interesting characters who may develop over time.

Rensslaer

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Great to see more updates, @The Kingmaker and definite congrats on yet another great chAARacter!

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Thank you everyone for all of your kind words and support, and especial thanks to @Nikolai for this awAARd. I sympathize with my friend's predicament when choosing the next recipient. There are so many great authors out there that it's a real challenge to narrow it down to just one.

My initial knee-jerk reaction was to think of the illustrious @Macavity116, whose mercurial protagonist Aisling the Sídhe from The Broken Gates absolutely begs to be a recipient of this awAARd. However, since it's been less than a month since Macavity was nominated, I'm compelled to make this just an honorable mention... for now. Please keep the well-written Aisling in mind for this awAARd in future months!

To that end, I would like to pass this awAARd on to a first-time recipient whose work I've just barely discovered. I've never played Imperator: Rome and do not regularly frequent its sub-forum. But as an advocate for underappreciated PDX titles myself, I figured I should give my consideration to a writer whose work falls outside our usual fare of CK, EU, Stellaris, etc.

Accordingly, I would like to nominate @DukeOfNorfolk for Celatus Bolgius in The Legend of Celatus Bolgius: An Iceni AAR. Celatus is an elderly Iceni chieftain with stilted diction and a penchant for long, rambling, Grandpa-Simpson-esque reminiscences that left me chuckling. The story is still in its early stages, so it won't take an interested reader very long to catch up.

Congratulations, @DukeOfNorfolk! Please stand and be recognized for your contributions and hard work!

• 4Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions: