• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
PJL,

You've already been proven wrong more than once.

And restricted deals would be ridiculous. All of these things are a question of players, not silly rules.

Waldzwerg said:
I agree with Mulli, that's a pretty bad rule. Makes wars between humans even less appealing. My proposal for limits would be something else: Loss of max. 1 CoT in each war and a set limit for losing own cores (maybe 1 for very small countries, 2 for medium and 3 for large ones). Otherwise no limits at all. We want many wars between humans, especially colonial, not the usual ai bashing.

No, no, that opens a whole new can of worms, where you have to evaluate how much a nation is strong to see what it can lose, and where some nations(Ex: Austria) can't lose many provinces because of many cores whereas an equally strong power (France) can lose more because he has less cores in border provinces.

PJL said:
Then the solution is to restrict deals. Personally I wouldn't mnid a 1 province (or maybe 2 province limit with the AOD map) purchase or sell limit per person in Europe (no COTs) and a one COT limit overseas (unlimited normal provinces though). A max of one deal per person per session as well. This game should be about war, not Monopoly (unless it's merchant trading of course! :D).

I hope this is not serious, because if you guys truly want to restrict player dealing with other players, I don't think I'll want to be a part of the game. Rules should ENHANCE gameplay, not give me a headache.

Tem_Probe said:
I hope this is not serious, because if you guys truly want to restrict player dealing with other players, I don't think I'll want to be a part of the game. Rules should ENHANCE gameplay, not give me a headache.
Shoite, i was dumbfounded for a second, but realized the truth.
Tem_Probe = Temujin! :)
Havent played with you at all though, so couldnt really know.

Mulliman said:
Shoite, i was dumbfounded for a second, but realized the truth.
Tem_Probe = Temujin! :)
Havent played with you at all though, so couldnt really know.

Yup! This game should be fun for precisely that reason. I know a couple of the players, but there are also a few I don't, so it'll be interesting to play with a new crew, so to speak.

Which brings us to country placements.
Fredrik and HG, have you started thinking about it? Will ther be preferences or will you set out people according to your pleasure?

Mulliman said:
Which brings us to country placements.
Fredrik and HG, have you started thinking about it? Will ther be preferences or will you set out people according to your pleasure?
Good question. I would like to avoid naval and trading nations. I rather go for land nations, Russia would be my first choice.

Mulli,

I can't speak for Fred, but I assume we'll be doing one of two things:

1. Laying out the roster ourselves with balance as the top priority and preference secondary

or (much more probably)

2. Running the CQS lottery system.

I doubt very seriously we try combining the two again, as it usually just makes everyone unhappy.

WTF is the CQS lottery system? I rather have the tried and tested balanced setup based on country preference and player ability.

PJL,

Players list their top five-ten preferences in order. The GM rolls dice to assign rank, from greatest to least. Top roll gets his first pick, second roll his first available pick and so forth.

It's the fairest way to do it, but I agree it can lead to balance problems.

I'll be handling country assignments, so as soon as there's some kind of consensus on which method would be best we'll select.

All,

I'll be doing some tweaks, approved by Fred, in the realms of manpower and tax, based on what EGA V has seen. Namely:

1. Boosted manpower and tax in the Middle East (slight, however-not to vanilla levels)
2. Reduced manpower and tax in Scandinavia
3. Reduced tax in Spain
4. Reduced manpower in Portugal
5. Hopefully, a real population setup in place of the current one, which is equalized (no promises on this, though)

The goal is to preserve vanilla balance while giving weight to the new provinces.

Ongoing discussed topics

Red = Will not be added to the game.
Yellow = needs to be discussed over.
Green = Agreed to be used in the game by the majority of the players.

* (EGA5) A nation that controls a province that it isnt his core for 60 years and it has a state culture, will get a core on it. This doesnt have a limit like culture, ie, you can gain a core as much as you be able to claim it. Further the core prov MUST have the same religion of the country unless the country has Innovativiness >=9. Provinces with COLONIAL culture cannot be claimed.

* Perm CB on all human played nations for everyone. (this worked out very well in BF3, it totally rocks. And it means alot more conflicts and it actually also minimize the amount of alliances.)

* If at -3 stab and -99WS, you have to accept next stabhitting offer, if two terms are met, 1.) The war has been ongoing for atleast 3 years, 2.) The stab hitted nation got 5WE. Also, Only an alliance leader can send a stab hitting peace offer.

* Maximum 3 provinces taken from a human in a war per alliance. Non-european provs count as 1/2, TPs count as 1/5, and CoTs as 2 provinces. After 1650 maximum of 5 provinces can be taken. After 1700, 7 provs and after 1800 no peace restriction. This only takes effect between humans. No rule between humans and AI.

* If you chose to become a Counter-reform country, you cannot switch back to Catholicism until the Edict of Tolerance.

* (EGA5) Cultural Rule: Any nation that control 75% of a culture for 30 years may claim that culture as state culture, but a nation can only claim ONE(1) culture. So plan it carefully as a culture gained by this way will not be removed in any case; Japanese, Han, Mongol, and Cantonese can't be claimed and Persian can only be claimed by OE or Mughals after 1700. The burden of proof in this matter lies on the players.

* If a human is forced-vassalized he must remain this way for at least 20 years. Unless his liege frees him peacefully after those 20 years he must fight for independence (if he wants it). Vassals cannot declare war on the Overlord's allies or vassals without his permission.

* Map sharing with the AI forbidden.

* Extra cores to Brandenburg, and Venice if played.

* Rewards for writing AARs, and thus use an AAR system

* What edits will be allowed etc. Signed deals in the AAR thread? Province swaps, cash? etc etc

* Editing will be kept to a minimum.

* Signing TA forbidden, to encourage more trade conflicts. Perhaps only allowing one TA at a time?

* No vassals allowed if below centralization 7, being under central 7 and keeping a vassal between sessions means it will be edited out.

Last edited:
again i must make my point on ai bashing. If we restict what you can take from human in war it will be even more important to rip up europe asap.

someone agree with me please.

Cheech,

I too think the game is pretty sterile when the AI is gone, but there's really no solution to this.

If you restrict AI bashing, which countries will be restrained? And by how much? Surely the OE can still annex Egypt. Austria can still annex Bohemia. One of the two can still annex Hungary. Etc., etc. And if they can expand in that way, their rivals have to too. Etc., etc.

The one thing I wonder about is creating a random event set based on vassals and the HRE that would reward, say, an Emperor who maintained his Empire or a country that granted home rule to its subjects. But I'm not sure what triggers are available and how to balance it.

cheech said:
again i must make my point on ai bashing. If we restict what you can take from human in war it will be even more important to rip up europe asap.

someone agree with me please.

I don't think anyone is proposnig restrictions on human wars. As for AI wars, only offensive one against non-state religious countries are allowed without a CB perhaps?

Cheech,

Actually, this is doable and I think I'm going to write one.

Havard's event Bible seems to indicate that random events can be country specific, include virtually all triggers and commands and take the Emperor and vassals into account.

HolisticGod said:
Cheech,

Actually, this is doable and I think I'm going to write one.

Havard's event Bible seems to indicate that random events can be country specific, include virtually all triggers and commands and take the Emperor and vassals into account.

There are certainly Japanese only random events in the AGCEEP, so it is certainly doable.

To not repeat what happened in BoP, where I left and naturally hurt the game by doing so, I better step out right now. HoG, we don't share views on editing, and since your co-GM I shouldn't be in this game.
Unless there's a strict rule, I know you will have it your way.

Last edited:
Well you could edit in extra BB for annexing nations which are not your cores. (this would exclude events of course but include diploannex).

You could exclude christian annexing muslim and vice versa from this so OE and russia would be ok. OE gets cores on most of the muslim stuff it needs as does OE.

This would perhaps make human wars even more appealing as it would again decrease the relative BB from taking their provs.

Nor,

Well, that's a shame. I do respect you for bowing out in advance instead of after the game starts, though.

Fredrik has convinced me to sign up for this game. My schedule has will become a lot more loose in a few weeks so I should have plenty of time for this game.

I doubt I will get the time to read the entire thread though, so I will just assume post 1 is updated and someone informs me when I can pick a country ;) (or get assigned one)

If you assign countries though HoG, keep in mind that my skills lie mostly in the economical area ;)