• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thankfully no. They were able to make the dimension hop. I am relieved that anyone still hopes for updates form me. I plan on converting it into a more timeline like AAR but I still want to finish what I started all those years ago.
Great news on KoJ. I love little Isabella. While not a big fan of Jean, he is a great guy compared to your Avon buddy (I always think that the Captain and his leader have a special relationship). Despot Dragos just had a weird Mommy hang-up and wanted to be loved, but Basileus Vukasin is EVIL and does not care who knows it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Good to see the new chapter @Midnite Duke . Honored to be included. Thank you.

@Tommy4ever, @Bergil, @Dunaden, @Rensslaer, @Chac1, @Flinteroon, @JerseyGiants88 and @Black Watch: Thank you for everything that you do. If you do not object, I will list you and your realm in my final twenty-one list after we visit the big two-the catholic Roman Empires (Byz and HRE). If anyone objects, I will find another 'volunteer' to run your realm.
No objections! Looking forward to what role King @Chac1 will play.

Chapter is up, King @Chac1. You need to compare notes with your Germanic alter-ego as who has a larger kingdom.
Well, my Germanic alter-ego in your AAR is much more successful than King Þorolfr in my AAR. His realm in the 8th Century only consists of 54 holdings. However, Denmark has had more than 600 years to expand in your timeline. Quite unusual that they would have holdings in the Middle East!

The game I use to inform my AAR is now about a century in the future from King Þorolfr's time and it is up to 127 holdings. So the Danes in my game are having quite the success at the moment. (But that comment probably jinxed it!)

King-Gods.png

(Not sure if King Þorolfr is upset about his middling realm size or the fact the future may be jinxed now. Oh well....)​

I did not see B/H, but Hathaway has the sizzle factor. Have you ever heard the original Santa Baby song by Eartha Kitt from the 50s? It may have melted a glacier or two.
You should check it out on cable or streaming sometime. Hathaway is great.
Yes, Eartha Kitt's version is the definitive one, but there are some covers that also sizzle. That song has to sizzle or it isn't being done right.

A little late for the season, but a classic is a classic.

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
A welcome return! Briefing received <salutes>. Any ships or magic carpets needed from this point?

• 2Like
Reactions:
It's nice to see this back!

Poor Ayyubids. They've... been through a lot. I don't know if Saladin would be pissed at their failures or glad that they've survived.

How did Sweden become Miaphysite?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Good to see the new chapter @Midnite Duke . Honored to be included. Thank you.

No objections! Looking forward to what role King @Chac1 will play.

Well, my Germanic alter-ego in your AAR is much more successful than King Þorolfr in my AAR. His realm in the 8th Century only consists of 54 holdings. However, Denmark has had more than 600 years to expand in your timeline. Quite unusual that they would have holdings in the Middle East!

The game I use to inform my AAR is now about a century in the future from King Þorolfr's time and it is up to 127 holdings. So the Danes in my game are having quite the success at the moment. (But that comment probably jinxed it!)

View attachment 1075354
(Not sure if King Þorolfr is upset about his middling realm size or the fact the future may be jinxed now. Oh well....)​

You should check it out on cable or streaming sometime. Hathaway is great.
Yes, Eartha Kitt's version is the definitive one, but there are some covers that also sizzle. That song has to sizzle or it isn't being done right.

A little late for the season, but a classic is a classic.
Thank you for the reply, glad to have you aboard. For King @Chac1, it should be only in top twenty-one review, but unexpected happens sometimes like the YAYA Garden Party (sorry Rick(y) Nelson). I am planning a different role for you as well. Even the writers were worried that Santa Baby was too risqué in 1953. For me, the opening bars set the tone. Santa Baby too Miss Kitt home after his 2008 rounds. (Eartha Kitt 17January1927-25December2008).

Denmark's holding come from three province Duchy of Cyrenaica (fourth de-jure and only inland county owned by HRE). Denmark received land between end of first crusade (early 1190s) and subsequent reconquest of Egypt in late 1220s Jihad. In early 1400s, the Duchess of Cyrenaica acquired some inland territory in southern Syria. Whether this is an inheritance of Syrian crusade lands (probable) or a victory against Sultanate of Arabia, I cannot say.

• 2Like
Reactions:
A welcome return! Briefing received <salutes>. Any ships or magic carpets needed from this point?
Thank you for replying. While there are many salesmen, with carpets that have only been flown for Friday prayers in Dashhowuz, I think relying on dragons in a war zone would be best. While Constantinople is coastal, the HRE capital will probably be interior. Any sea voyages will be limited in scope.

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
It's nice to see this back!

Poor Ayyubids. They've... been through a lot. I don't know if Saladin would be pissed at their failures or glad that they've survived.

How did Sweden become Miaphysite?
Thank you for replying. I hope that historical Saladin would be most impressed with survival. Survival is not always easy in history or CK2. Young Saladin is one of my all-time favorite AI characters. He took office at age 4 (on my birthday) after his uncle and cousin died by suspicious circumstances and his father had been murdered. He was Sultan of Syria with his capital between Oman and Yemen on the Indian Ocean when we did our 1200 tour. I expected his reign to be measured in months but he was still ruling at age 79 when we made our 1275 tour with his reconquered Egyptian involved in a Catholic crusade.

Miaphysite Sweden is probably the result of a secret society. Three of my Progonovic rulers were secret practitioners. Blinded Count Progon (my #1) became a secret Catholic after being told about seeing light. Duke Gjin (#2) was an Orthodox though before his death Byz had a Catholic Basileus. Doux Aleck (#3) inherited as a child Catholic. Duchesses Milka (#5) and Jelena (#6) were secret Miaphyites. Milka cut herself off from the world with her studies. The Basileus and final tutor of Jelena was a secret Miaphysite who was deposed in tyranny and excommunication fights. Jelena lost faith in the Miaphysite struggle after Dragos (#7) was captured in the excommunication fights.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you for the reply, glad to have you aboard. For King @Chac1, it should be only in top twenty-one review, but unexpected happens sometimes like the YAYA Garden Party (sorry Rick(y) Nelson). I am planning a different role for you as well.
Honored to be included in any way that is helpful.
Yes, we both had fun at the YAYA Garden Party. Not sure how that changes your plans and plot, but congratulations are in order for you nonetheless.
Denmark's holding come from three province Duchy of Cyrenaica (fourth de-jure and only inland county owned by HRE). Denmark received land between end of first crusade (early 1190s) and subsequent reconquest of Egypt in late 1220s Jihad. In early 1400s, the Duchess of Cyrenaica acquired some inland territory in southern Syria. Whether this is an inheritance of Syrian crusade lands (probable) or a victory against Sultanate of Arabia, I cannot say.
Well, that would certainly be different for the Danes: holding territory in Syria and Cyrenaica. Looking forward to what your imagination dreams up for us.

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Tribute #2
Village of @markkur, mid-March 2222

Winter storm Psi was approaching the Emerald Institute's Ocean coast from the nor'east with damage and disruption as goals. Director @volksmarschall and his executive assistant are altering plans for Saturday's dedication and reopening of one of the older H facilities at @markkur. Instead of the 10am ceremony at the facility, the outdoor activities would be limited to a fly-over by the four H-class WayBacks and the unveiling of the facility's new name at 9am. The remainder of the ceremony would be at 3pm in the Accomack Conference Center with the 7pm reception/banquet proceeding as planned. The Genius' personal physician, @coz1, had prohibited the Genius from attending any outdoor functions during the winter storm.

Admiral @Nathan Madien's H2 led the diamond formation flyover, with Capt. @roverS3's H3 and Capt. @Basileus2's H4 on his wings and Ensign Oh Pip's H1 trailing. The least miserable onlookers, as the temp was 3º and falling with 25 knot northeast winds gusting to 40 knots, were the wives of Adm. @Bullfilter and Adm. @diskoerekto. They had retrieved their fifteenth century furs from the history museum at Plain Salisbury. Lady @Bullfilter had black bear furs covering her Queen Anne frock and Her Excellency Madame @diskoerekto (Constantinople's Charge d'affaires to Philadelphia) had polar bear furs over her Princess Christina power-suit. The Director signaled to Mayor @jak7139 of @markkur to unveil the new name of the H2 facility. When Mayor @jak7139 had problems with the sign, the Director's executive assistant, Em Pip, stepped forward with a previously unseen dagger to cut the knot. The sign read Sir @El Pip H2 WayBack Facility. (Last year, Queen Anne of Britannia had knighted @El Pip inducting him into the Order of Queen Elizabeth for engineering excellence.) The Director reminded everyone that the ceremony would restart at 3pm at the Conference Center. Mayor @jak7139 congratulated @El Pip, but said that he would not be able to be at Accomack as he had to meet with Coast Guard Captain @Chac1, Police Chief @Wraith11B and Fire Chief @Killcrazy13 to update storm preparedness. @El Pip and Little Bit congratulated their youngest daughter, Oh Pip, on her safe flight on the old rust bucket, the H1. Most Emerald residents headed back to Accomack to get out of the deteriorating weather conditions (by nightfall the northeast winds would be up to 50 knots with hurricane force gusts, temperatures of minus five and snowfall up to .4 meters). @El Pip, his family and his employees (past and present) wanted to tour the WayBacks as @El Pip and his crews were the first civilians to fly on the WayBacks. They were able to complete decades of tunneling and excavating in six years allowing Emerald's great underground complex. One of the great groupings was of @El Pip, unmerged (47162), @Spitfire_Pilot, unmerged (50931), @Sir Humphrey, @coz1, @SirCliveWolfe, @GeneralHannibal, unmerged (52807), @rich-love and @Morpheus506 for these men were on the first flight back in time to begin the work. (These are the readers that commented on the first page of the Butterfly Effect.)

The afternoon celebrations begun with Dynamite Brenda singing 'America the Beautiful' and Downtown Petula singing 'O Britannia'. Dr. @coz1 pushed the Genius, @stnylan, forward as the Genius had two objects in his lap to share with @El Pip. One was the medallion given to Emerald honorees and the other was a photo cube that @El Pip had presented to the Genius when he returned to England. The photos are of @El Pip, Little Bit, their daughters (Em Pip, En Pip and Oh Pip) and their son (Pea Pip who was born while the family lived at Emerald). Sir @El Pip starts his speech by remembering his parents, Gee Pip and Eh Pip, who taught him, his sisters and his brother the values that he holds dear and has taught his own children. Jay Pip and Kay Pip have traveled from England to help honor their brother, but sister Eye Pip's health did not allow to travel. Sir @El Pip thanks his wife, Little Bit, who has made his life better for over thirty years. While Em Pip and Oh Pip work at Emerald, their sister, En Pip, works for her father at Pip Engineering. En Pip and her husband, AAR Tip, have the pride and joy of @El Pip and Little Bit, fifteen-month-old Que Tip-Pip. Twelve-year-old Pea Pip is still in school but his parents fear with his giant brain and without a concept of consequences that he will cause a mass casualty disaster. Pea Pip wishes to meet Emerald's engine designer, @TheButterflyComposer, and the featured entertainer at tonight's banquet, Olivia Neutron Bomb. Among the stories, that Sir @El Pip told about the ninety-eight current and former employees who journeyed to Emerald, are the tales of the Aussie Tanker Twins. Explosives expert @Davout (here with his new bride, Davinn) has a bad ear from explosions. Anything that you want him to hear, you always are talking to the wrong ear, but he hears everything that you do not want him to hear. His brother, Dury, was always the first man in like a canary in a mine. He recently tried to start an union at Pip Engineering with Little Bit as President and En Pip as Shop Steward. The Director thanked everyone for helping to honor Sir @El Pip and tonight's festivities would begin at 7pm.

Thank You: @El Pip's The Butterfly Effect entertaining us for eighteen years in the HoI2 theater. He has a vote going if anyone wishes to show support for tanks. I hope this little exercise meets the approval of you and your family. Thank You!

@Nathan Madien's The Presidents. Two volumes at HoI2​
@roverS3's 'Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee. HoI3 currently suspended so that one may catch up. He is the person that nominated @El Pip causing me to read Butterfly. Thank you @roverS3!​
@Basileus2's The German Century. Ongoing HoI4.​
@jak7139's Machinations of the Medici EU4. At the YAYAs, he reminded me that he was the mayor when Oyster was renamed @markkur.​
@Killcrazy13's The Christian Kingdom of Sarir new CK3.​
Brenda Lee (11December1944- ) in both Country Music and Rock & Roll Hall of Fames. First releases were in the 1950s.​
Petula Clark (15November1932- ) 'Downtown' was one of my first favorites.​
Olivia Newton-John (26September1948-8August2022)​
Next: We journey to the Roman Empire either Eastern or Western to meet 1425's second largest realm.

Thank you for reading, liking and commenting.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 2Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Thank you for including me, @Midnite Duke ! I hope @El Pip appreciates your salute.

fifteen-month-old Que Tip-Pip
You are the great creator of tongue-in-cheek names. This one is fantastic. :cool:;)
Coast Guard Captain @Chac1
Reporting for duty, sir. We will attempt to keep the coast clear and safe, my dear authAAR.
Winter storm Psi was approaching the Emerald Institute's Ocean coast from the nor'east with damage and disruption as goals.
I must say however, that even if this storm has hurricane-force winds, that I disapprove of the current trend of the media giving names to winter storms. Only hurricanes, please.

• 1Love
Reactions:
That list indicates how many more commenters older threads had, honestly...

That post is great, though.

• 1Love
Reactions:
Da man! :)

:D She is Queen Anne to me! <3
I hope that he would have liked his name being used. I will have to see if I can find her a kingdom somewhere, someday. Thank you and your queen for attending the festivities. I hope that you do not have to find her a 15th century fur.

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
That list indicates how many more commenters older threads had, honestly...

That post is great, though.
Thank you for your kind words. Eleven different commenters among twenty comments is a good ratio. Can you believe that @El Pip posted three chapters in four days?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I hope that he would have liked his name being used. I will have to see if I can find her a kingdom somewhere, someday. Thank you and your queen for attending the festivities. I hope that you do not have to find her a 15th century fur.
No probs, she only likes fur when it still has a warm animal in it! :D

• 2Like
Reactions:
Did something happen to Pip? Also what is an H class? Is that another something from the old days?
Thank you for replying. Pip is fine. After building the underground world where 90% of Emerald's population live and work, he returned England with his family. Daughter #1 and #3 do live in Emerald. Pip was knighted and is now a granddad. Even though only him and Markkur have been inducted into the Hall of Honors in the story; several more are in the hall. Definitely Stnylan, probably Director V, Eurasia, Bullfilter. H class is the HoI Waybacks (1-4). There are also V, E, C and I (are you a class if you are the only one). H Waybacks are the biggest but the slowest (but still superfast). The H1 no longer time travels. With Admirals only riding on the luxury models (newest.)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Catching up makes me realize I really need a good CK campaign. I don't think I've played in several years. LOL

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you for including me, @Midnite Duke ! I hope @El Pip appreciates your salute.

You are the great creator of tongue-in-cheek names. This one is fantastic. :cool:;)

Reporting for duty, sir. We will attempt to keep the coast clear and safe, my dear authAAR.

I must say however, that even if this storm has hurricane-force winds, that I disapprove of the current trend of the media giving names to winter storms. Only hurricanes, please.
You are welcome. Que Tip-Pip is great. I also like Pea Pip (aka Pee Pip and PP). Can you imagine how much teasing he receives from the other boys especially if he is brighter than them, but not very socially adept. There will probably be an idget boater. I did not mention but the most pressing problem is not the snow or wind, but the waves. The village of @markkur is only 1m above sea level and the waves will run 2-4m. @markkur is based on 1m elevation barrier island at the Atlantic south end of Virginia's Eastern Shore. Wallops Island, another Atlantic barrier island near the Maryland/Virginia is an actual launch site for unmanned NASA rockets. (My choice for the E class WayBacks). Tangier located in the Chesapeake Bay has lost 2/3 of its land to the Bay since 1850 and will probably have to be abandoned by 2100 . In the 1990s, a large meteor impact crater was identified in the south end of the Bay. Even though, the meteor visited 30M years ago, the effects still exist today with the stability (or lack) of the Bay floor and the direction of the river.

I do not mind the naming (just media trying to increase viewers) as much as attributing an increase in storms to climate change when part could be just better measuring and reporting. Now, we are identifying future storms before they even come off the African coast into the Atlantic.
Perhaps I have been remiss and you already know this, but your readers should celebrate too. You have been named WritAAR of the Week, this week, for your work on this AAR. Congratulations!
Thank you for the honor. My little acceptance story included a reference to a 70s sitcom, a country song and an ad campaign.

• 1Like
Reactions: