• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some stuff:

AFAIK AHD will be on Steam.

Steam is not required for AHD, in fact none of our internally made games require Steam. CK2 comes closest with the boxed version needing Steam activation, but there is still a non-Steam downloadable version on GG.

If you bought V2 somewhere besides Steam I don't think you can buy AHD on Steam as it will tell you you need Base V2 to play it. Steam does have a feature which allows you to add non-Steam games to your Steam libary, but I have not tried doing this and then buying addons via Steam. It's possible that it might work, but I cannot promise that it will.

To end this confusion, why not offer the downloads yourself tied to your product key, like blizzard does. that way, regardless where you downloaded what first, you could redownload at will.

To end this confusion, why not offer the downloads yourself tied to your product key, like blizzard does. that way, regardless where you downloaded what first, you could redownload at will.

It would cost them plenty of money

well, would be nice to be able to add games to steam you didn't buy on steam if you bought an expansion or vice versa. actually i do believe i bought fallout:new vegas somewhere else and could add it as steam game via the cd-key. doesnt work with vic2 though

well, would be nice to be able to add games to steam you didn't buy on steam if you bought an expansion or vice versa. actually i do believe i bought fallout:new vegas somewhere else and could add it as steam game via the cd-key. doesnt work with vic2 though

adding non-steam-bought copies to steam only works for games using steamworks, in other words you need to have them on your steam in order to play them anyway.

It would be really great to get a status update on the Steam issue. It's one day before release and there is still no sign of the DLC on the Steam Shop. The only official info I found so far seems to be that it will "probably" be available on Steam.
Will the game be available on Steam on release?
If no: Is there any estimate on how long Steam customers will have to wait for the DLC?

Wondering. What about a competition, which is free and as a gift for the winner, a free copy of AHD would be given? I have seen this on FM, on scores predictions, so a competition like that would be entertaining here as well.

My prophecy:

Europe, 19.00 CET, Feb 2nd, 2012:
The Steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request

:angry:

PST IS 8 hours behind so 9am in UK is 1am in California.
So 9am there is 5pm here.

Status
Not open for further replies.